Imperium Offtopicum

Yeah I noticed that, which is why I edited my post to say "lime green."

Which is the second-most awesome kind of green, right after forest.

I'll edit that into the next map then. :p

Edit: Looks like lime green was taken by DysUtopia..

The Marian Empire would like to make a proposal to all countries, with the same terms and conditions.

To reinforce our (mostly) neutrality by making ourselves more interconnected with the world, we would like to propose the Marian Cultural Growth Treaty to all peoples.

The Marian Empire produces an incredibly-vast quantity of animated movies and series, not to mention video games and comic books(in large part thanks to the powerful Asian lobby). However, much of this work does not extend far outside our borders, due to a lack of dubbing agencies.

The Marian Empire has recently passed an act that will subsidise dubbing companies with taxpayer dollars, to assist their startup. We are willing to send aid to all companies abroad who wish to dub Marian cultural products into their language.

The end result of all this is:

Increasing jobs in the dubbing industry worldwide, via editing, voice acting, etc.
Increasing manufacturing jobs, as merchandise will become mass-produced for the most successful shows, and will also have Marian assistance.
The tax revenue of the host countries improves due to more workers and economic activity, while the tax revenue of the Marian Empire also increases thanks to taxes on the profits of the original creators of content.

Nice idea, making a seperate thread.

For that, Israel-American tensions go down a little. We still urge you to repeal the The Thirteen States Emigration Act, though. We already told you why.

All that the Act does is that it makes is so that anyone who is currently convicted and is about to be punished for their crimes can't move out of the country. But once their sentence is up, they can move anywhere they want. I don't see anything wrong with that (it applies to all nations, the name just comes from the fact that your Act sparked the idea for my Act).

Lets reduce tensions a little more, I'm in no position for war.

EDIT: I'm willing to allow Marian culture to spread to my borders, so long as mine isn't blocked out or anything back in the Marian Empire :)

That's yellow green, not lime green.

You incorrectly listed Disutopia as light green, by the way.

If you doubt my words... well I had a 54 crayon box set as a kid. Yeeeeeeah.

Edit: For some reason you must have accidentally colored my "squiggly bit" of China red

Also there is supposed to be an "awesome face" smiley after that, but the site I got if from is out of whack at the moment.

I'm willing to allow Marian culture to spread to my borders, so long as mine isn't blocked out or anything back in the Marian Empire :)

The Marian Empire prides itself on the belief that exchange of ideas and cultures helps to produce the best result for a country, no different than the free exchange of ideas and policies helps an economy! All cultures are accepted in the Marian Empire, except for parts that violate our basic ideas and laws(i.e. no wifebeating will be accepted, regardless of culture!).

That's yellow green, not lime green.

You incorrectly listed Disutopia as light green, by the way.

If you doubt my words... well I had a 54 crayon box set as a kid. Yeeeeeeah.

Edit: For some reason you must have accidentally colored my "squiggly bit" of China red

Also there is supposed to be an "awesome face" smiley after that, but the site I got if from is out of whack at the moment.

You suddenly look very tasty to me. :yumyum::lol:

I'll change that detail immediately on the next installment of maps...

Also Mad and I had a little Congress-of-Berlin carve up of West Africa just to fix up our borders. Does this have to be approved by the UN?

Just found this! Meep!

I'll add this to your claims once your current ones expire. :)

Also, MadMan, I have added Bermuda, Navassa, and Barbados, if you look closely. ;) ...I forgot to add Cape Verde though, and so I ended up claiming it without knowing...

Provided it was in your original post, however, I'll be happy to remove my claim to it and instead mark it as yours. :)

I support this decision and for my country, Marylander Empire:Maryland, Delaware, Bermuda, Barbados, Navassa Island, Crimea, Ireland and South West Africa (same as last time) edit: my color Dark Green

Just dug this up to clarify...

Cape Verde wasn't on there, hence why I never added it. :blush:

Now I'm confused what to do in regards to Cape Verde, which I just claimed... perhaps we could split it if I manage to win my case?

Said I'd do it, so here it is.

Country name: Pirates of the Sid Meier

Color: Lime green

Air force: Fairly modernized now that we've sold off all the WWII planes.

Navy: very large navy, but a small majority of the ships not advanced or even armed (aka speedboats). Some destroyers, cruisers, and even a captured carrier. More ships being created due to modern colonies getting more money.

Army: Basically only used for defense, as anything without a coastline ain't worth keeping.

Capital: Mogadishu

Secondary Capitals: Santo Domingo, Hispanola ; Reykjavik, Iceland

Development rating: Homeland is Third World, but most foreign holdings are second- and first-world. Talk about backwards.

Economic style: relies on pirating, privateer, raiding, extortion, and smuggling goods for most money (all Pirates of the Sid Meier must not pirate Pirates! however, unless they want to be banished to Antarctica). Most industry is in Santo Domingo, which is about as close to civilized as this country gets. Iceland, Singapore, and Falklands provide much industrial support.

Political setup: Feudal monarchy, with ships instead of land. Pirate King's subjects are fiercely loyal for pirates, as mutineers are taken out extremely fast by the Pirate Ninja group.

Social policy: Pirates allowed to do whatever they want, as long as they pay a tribute of their stolen money to the Pirate King. Religious freedom, but any good Somalian knows everyone else is going to hell as they do not follow Allah.

Foreign policy: stay out of larger countries' hair, unless employed as privateers by another power. Small and "unclaimed" countries are fair game, though.

The Marian Empire prides itself on the belief that exchange of ideas and cultures helps to produce the best result for a country, no different than the free exchange of ideas and policies helps an economy! All cultures are accepted in the Marian Empire, except for parts that violate our basic ideas and laws(i.e. no wifebeating will be accepted, regardless of culture!).

You suddenly look very tasty to me. :yumyum::lol:

I'll change that detail immediately on the next installment of maps...

NO YOU MUST DO IT NOW! NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!

Yeah that's fine though, it's not like it's important. What's in that part of China, anyway? A McDonalds?

In light of the fact that Iran is now a part of my territory, the Modernization of Iran Act has been approved by Parliament. Though Iran is pretty modern, it isn't totally there yet. So we are now dedicating a large portion of my economy for the next week to modernize Iran by building airports, highways, high-speed trains, parks and recreation, manufacturing industry, high-tech industry, oil drills, etc.

Because of this though, we had to reduce our defense budget. For the next week, Israel's army is reduced from 700,000 to 400,000 standing men.

I'm SURE the Iranians won't launch any WMDs at you once you're done.

:p

Just dug this up to clarify...

Cape Verde wasn't on there, hence why I never added it. :blush:

Now I'm confused what to do in regards to Cape Verde, which I just claimed... perhaps we could split it if I manage to win my case?

on my picks it said "West Africa same as last time" on the last forum game I claimed Cape Verde as part of West Africa so I thought it went with out saying, but nevertheless if you declare open war on the Nazi States and the confederacy of people who sleep with there sisters, you can have which ever Islands I own plus which ever part of there countries you happen to want.

The Marian Empire would like to make a proposal to all countries, with the same terms and conditions.

To reinforce our (mostly) neutrality by making ourselves more interconnected with the world, we would like to propose the Marian Cultural Growth Treaty to all peoples.

The Marian Empire produces an incredibly-vast quantity of animated movies and series, not to mention video games and comic books(in large part thanks to the powerful Asian lobby). However, much of this work does not extend far outside our borders, due to a lack of dubbing agencies.

The Marian Empire has recently passed an act that will subsidise dubbing companies with taxpayer dollars, to assist their startup. We are willing to send aid to all companies abroad who wish to dub Marian cultural products into their language.

The end result of all this is:

Increasing jobs in the dubbing industry worldwide, via editing, voice acting, etc.
Increasing manufacturing jobs, as merchandise will become mass-produced for the most successful shows, and will also have Marian assistance.
The tax revenue of the host countries improves due to more workers and economic activity, while the tax revenue of the Marian Empire also increases thanks to taxes on the profits of the original creators of content.

the Byzantine Republic rejects this. we already have a huge amount of trouble keeping our ancient culture intact to a reasonable degree. we do not want that culture to be replaced by another countries culture. if that happens we will no longer be unique.

( note this both ways, we do not impose our culture on anyone else)

EDIT: im thinking about letting the South American colony to have its independence. right now i can see absolutely no reason to keep it, and it stretches out my power for no real reason. does anyone agree i should grant the colonies independence?

Perfection, I propose we form the "Holy dudes alliance for dudes that are holy, dude" or HDAFDTAHD for short, what do you say?

on my picks it said "West Africa same as last time" on the last forum game I claimed Cape Verde as part of West Africa so I thought it went with out saying, but nevertheless if you declare open war on the Nazi States and the confederacy of people who sleep with there sisters, you can have which ever Islands I own plus which ever part of there countries you happen to want.

Very well then, since it was technically included in your description, I'll transfer the islands to you.

I'll think about that other offer... that way it'll be 2 vs 2. :goodjob:

No, It will be 3 vs. 2, if you get involved militarily my Mounties will cut you down in the maple syrup patties of Toronto.

No, It will be 3 vs. 2, if you get involved militarily my Mounties will cut you down in the maple syrup patties of Toronto.

If I recall, the Choxornese Empire DOES have designs on Tibet... the Tibetan Army sending troops overseas - where they will suffer a distance penalty battle after battle - could possibly serve as an invitation for them to visit... ;)

Top Bottom