Gildia.pl preview (5th Aug)

I always thought the purple hexes would show which hexes are most likely expanded to by the cultural expansion? Could you clarify what kind of bug it is? A graphical glitch?
So do I.
There is supposed to be one purple hex, which shows which tile will be expanded to next - it is not random. At least, that is what we have been told :)
But it need not be one purple hex if we have wait many turns for cultural expansion. There can be more candidates at the beginning.

It was also said that there will be possible to select the direction of expansions. May by by working nearby hexes.

Azazell, could you maybe clarify some questions?
e.g. what happens when your capital is captured or what resources does the war elephant need?
Would be very nice :).

Hmm When any civilizations lost a capital. Then civ does not fall and may normally expanded.. But this civ not winner in - Victory Conquest. maybe winner in other Victory (Culture, Time or science)

War Elephant doesnt require any resources :) But this unit is unique for India Country.

Hmm When any civilizations lost a capital. Then civ does not fall and may normally expanded.. But this civ not winner in - Victory Conquest. maybe winner in other Victory (Culture, Time or science)
This means that you cannot rebuild the palace in an other city?

It was said that to lunch spaceship (an get science victory) you have to transport all parts of spaceship into you capital, so if your capital is destroyed and it cannot be rebuild you cannot lunch spaceship. Am I right?

From the screenshots we saw, I think it is safe to guess the palace is automatically rebuild in another city, if the capital is captured. Just like in civ4. Am I right ?
And I think if you take your capital back, you can still win by conquest (or domination, or whatever it is called this time).

It was said that to lunch spaceship (an get science victory) you have to transport all parts of spaceship into you capital, so if your capital is destroyed and it cannot be rebuild you cannot lunch spaceship. Am I right?

Exactly

If you cannot launch your spaceship, then you can still launch your sheep in space ! ;)

Azazell, is it that you must have a certain amount of money to be able to rebuild your palace in an instant ( like in civ2 ) ?

If you cannot launch your spaceship, then you can still launch your sheep in space ! ;)

Azazell, is it that you must have a certain amount of money to be able to rebuild your palace in an instant ( like in civ2 ) ?

I not noticed to may rebuild palace for other city :). I suspect that palace maybe be only capital city (first city you building). Or producers changed this in final version.

Could those be tiles you can purchase?

Others tiles also can purchase :).

I think you played the greeks in one of your games... any comments on their Unique units?

I think you played the greeks in one of your games... any comments on their Unique units?

Greece is good nation in Civ 5. Features Greece: climate ;), and very good beginner units in the game. Hoplite and Companion Cavarly - we can build in ancient era! This is huge bonus for military.

Hoplite is better than Pikeman.

Exactly

So the palace and and all it's effect (like basic gold and science) are lost then until you get your capital back?
That would be quite a hit.

Azazell you also played the Americans and Egypt what you thought of those civs?

Egipt is very climate civs :) When I played with this civ , music is very nice. Egypt have bonus to the building wonders. And unique building is useful.

Usa have a bonus for purchase the tile in the cities and bonus for move units on the terrain. But I don`t testing unique units.

Egipt is very climate civs :) When I played with this civ , music is very nice. Egypt have bonus to the building wonders. And unique building is useful.

Usa have a bonus for purchase the tile in the cities and bonus for move units on the terrain. But I don`t testing unique units.

The War Chariot can be used to conquer a pesky neighbour for exemple if you start near a dangerous AI like Askia Monty Alex or Napoleon.
The USA B-52 probably won't be better than the regular Jet Fighter though the Minuteman might be a good unique unit.
By the way what does the Egyptian Unique building do?

Is the Tomb. Gives bonus for happines and is free (not cost).

Egypt is such a wonderful civilization. Death makes people so happy that they clean and maintain graveyards for free.

Death : the way to go !

Top Bottom