Imperium Offtopicum V: Beta

Spoiler Startup Claims :

Riccio

Language: Standard Italian and Latin

National Focus: Economics

Capital: Rome

Color: Dark Red (Not the Red on my claims map obviously; any shade will do provided it's dark)

Government: Semi-absolute monarchy; the Imperator wields near-absolute power, but there are rights guaranteed to each citizen that cannot be infringed upon, such as freedom of (Christian!) religion.

The Parliament also enjoys nominal power.

Style: Pan-Italianism, mercantilism and commercial power

Political Rights: Anyone who owns property or who has served in the military can vote for Parliament, but Parliament in many cases has little power. And any power it does have is near-monopolised by the rich.

Economic Rights: Virtually none. The labor movement is slowly growing, but at the current juncture, industrialists rule alongside military elites. Public education is near non-existent, except for schools that breed talents to do the nation proud.

Social Rights: Moderate. Freedom of expression is quite great, but speech seen as treacherous is punished.

Legal Rights:
Moderate. Anybody who isn't threatening national security has a right to a fair trial. Writs of assistance have expiration dates. Torture cannot be used to extract confessions, but can be used as punishment.

---

Notes: I'd suggest switching the starting map up for a .png, and on imageshack, for convenience.

no problem. i was going to do the 'Little Byzantium' style again. modified of course. ill only go up to the euperites river.

alright i claim my capital (one or two, depending hwo you see it), all of European turkey, and whatevers in asia. coastal areas please.

sorry guys, but since im on my moms computer i will not be active as much. once a day minimum, that also means no map.

since its in 1800s....

government: Constitutional monarchy.
style: defensive.
national focus Research.

you should knwo the capital, the market system is normal for its time, and so on. im not too creative today...

playerlist said:
1. Owen Glyndwr
2. CivGeneral
3. Civplayah
4. Cull
5. TaniciusFox
6. Lord of Elves
7. Mad Man
8. ilduce
9. Landlubber
10. link16

...you aren't even in this game...

KINGDOM OF SERBIA

The Modern's Historians Account of an Empire, Page 1

As the trumpets sound, you see a man, tall as tree of the North, yet for all the world looking like a frail mouse, with his beady eyes, his thrown back hair, and his body that screamed of nervous feelings, walk forward to the front of the wide, open hall, grand and yet simple.

"All hear, the new King of Serbia, Rule of Macedon, Kosovo, Greece, Istanbul, Athens, Sparta, Ankara, Protector of the Faith, Slayer of the Bulgarians, Destroyer of the Rebellion, His Royal Highness, Maximilian II!"

As the crown was placed on Maximilian II, it marked the end of the darker ages in Greece and Serbia, and the land therefore associated with it, and the beginning of a glorious age, one lead by a King established by bloody war, and with an Empire at his feet, ready to follow his bidding.

Thus begins the tale of Maximilian II, and the early ages of the Kingdom of Serbia.

-----
National Focus: Army

OOC: Information regarding the Kingdom shall be dispersed when the right time for the information comes. Begone, commoners! :p

Please address all diplo when it starts to King Maximilian II, with whatever titles you desire from the above. Please try not to address it to Serbia itself, like To: Serbia.

Spoiler starting claims :

Sorry for the large map. I'm the brown country in the Greek area. Much appreciated!

Something is with this map. The "fill with color thing on map" doesn't work.

@civplayah, corrected.

Also, CivGeneral- do you have a national focus?

Due to being an Island Nation, It's going to be mainly an Naval nation with a Marine Corp substituting an Army. (Though largely a Naval focus due to our proximity on an Island Nation and a desire to colonize the Atlantic)

Country Name: The Republic of France
Language: French
Government: Parliamentary Monarchy, but the Monarch still hold most power
Leader: Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte
Style: Napoleonic
Color: Blue

Claims: As much as Burgundy and Paris as possible (I couldn't get the map to work)

No way, dude. I was gonna do france, until the freaking map didn't work.

No, I'll go with my trusty spain for the 2nd time-

National Focus- Science
Language- Spanish
Color- Purple
Government- Federal Monarchy

Something is with this map. The "fill with color thing on map" doesn't work.

Yeah, I'll see what I can do about that.

KINGDOM OF SERBIA

NOW YOU BE TROLLIN!

Sorry for the large map. I'm the brown country in the Greek area. Much appreciated!

PROTIP: You can avoid that ginormous map by using your cutting tool when you go into paint. Cut out the specific area of the map you're focusing on, cutpastah into a new paint doc, and go from there.

A national focus is which tech branch you would like to research first. Industrialization and colonialism are not available branches.

The same applies to you, as well.

Also, CivGeneral- do you have a national focus?

i begin research on income. my nation will be little rich, but will not be evil about it.

King Maximilian II of Serbia, I trust that you are fine with the existance of Byzantium?

i begin research on income. my nation will be little rich, but will not be evil about it.

King Maximilian II of Serbia, I trust that you are fine with the existance of Byzantium?

Mathalamus, please read the OP. This is a limited admittance game, and the playerlist was chosen before the game even began. Feel free to observe, but you are not a player. If you wish to be placed on the reserves list so that you might be placed in the game in the event that someone else drops out, PM me, and I'll add you to the list

Country Name: Kingdom of Morroco
Language: Arabic
Government: Parliamentary Monarchy, but the Monarch still hold most power
Leader:King Jeffry
Color:What ever
Claims:North Africa

Top Bottom