Large Mafia Game: Highway to Hell [In Play]

No, not really, and people like you and Arakhor need to be seriously looked at because of it, quietly siding in on one side to avoid trouble, if there is an opposing scum faction to Nictel's I think we all know what the "safe votes" today were.

I assume this was directed at me? Go ahead and look at me. I have nothing to hide.

Firstly we need to figure out if Nictel is WIFOMing and is actually on a separate team from other killers or not, and I have no way to scan or investigate other townies anyway. Arakhor still looks much worse than anyone, but everybody needs to not vote without reasons in the future.

Then I'll stick to my guns and say that when atpg was in the lead and started accusing Nictel (the runner-up then was Joecoolyo, not Nictel) you went berserk and helped him. Join your lord and master in Hell, you puny creature.

Except I didn't help Nictel, the people who helped Nictel were those bandwagoned on him just like he wanted, like Arakhor. There's no evidence any of you have at all that shows any sort of connection between me and Nictel and that is very obvious. What I said was far more indicative of a vanilla townie who couldn't be expected to know anything about the cult/mafia setup (which we still haven't fully verified, I'd like to stress it's vital the town figure it out) than bandwagonning without a reason.

O RLY? We didn't bandwagon 'without a reason'. atpg made a case against Nictel who then behaved scummily in order to further atpg's case and get himself back into Hell. So, yeah, Nictel played us. You go down, too.

No, many of you didn't give a reason in your posts. Saying "yeah, there's a good case, vote" is not actually giving a reason unless you literally want to be held accountable for everything said by the other person. And considering ATPG himself missed some things in the rules, I really doubt everybody else thoroughly understood the reasoning for why a cult "must exist" and agreed on the same basis. Arakhor is a perfect example, he refused to commit to whether the cult theory could actually be true but he really wanted to say he supported pizza anyway - but after all, somebody who had no reason to believe in a cult and didn't like that theory should have been voting like me. Yet Arakhor couldn't live up to that, perfect example of a mafia (who would be unsure of whether a cult exists but wants to place a safe, bandwagony vote) would do.

While I am liking the enthusiasm, I could use some collective brainpower on the puzzler we have. What is the threat posed by the already-demised Satan, is it actually a cult threat at all or was I mistaken, does anyone know anyone who might be able to shed some light on this, where does the mafia fit into this?

We have all day to make our accusations for who needs to die. I think we should spend some time discussing what it is we're actually facing here. I don't know of a cult actually which gets stronger when its leader dies. Something is amiss from my theory.

We have all day to make our accusations for who needs to die. I think we should spend some time discussing what it is we're actually facing here. I don't know of a cult actually which gets stronger when its leader dies. Something is amiss from my theory.

This all here is very well said so I have to say I agree. There is no way at all that Nictel is actually a cult leader who could formerly recruit and now can't recruit, that much is certainly true.

The question is open to you though, what proof at all do you have there is a cult? As in, was/will keep recruiting vanilla townies and is not part of the mafia, with the mafia being a different scum team. Presumably townie power roles could talk to you in private and you could forward that, at least I think, but if there is a cult there has to be some unrecruitable or angel out there or something who knows about it.

This all here is very well said so I have to say I agree. There is no way at all that Nictel is actually a cult leader who could formerly recruit and now can't recruit, that much is certainly true.

Now don't go assuming that much. Zack's rules do state that the game only just begins when we die. Maybe the cult doesn't begin to recruit until it dies. Maybe there is no cult, and maybe the mafia are emergent in some way from death or something, and we'd also have to be dead to take them on. Maybe Nictel simply has third-party affiliations and a possible rivalry with other third-party poopers.

Although Zack's writeup lends credibility to some theories, there are many interpretations which can fit. Nictel himself seems to be suggesting we need to choose sides.

Not much of a game though if everyone decides to side with Nictel. What's the challenge, then? Everyone becomes scum, no one loses except unfortunate early dead guys?

I don't think so. Game would be badly designed if so, and Zack's not given me a reason to think he makes bad games yet.

The question is open to you though, what proof at all do you have there is a cult? As in, was/will keep recruiting vanilla townies and is not part of the mafia, with the mafia being a different scum team. Presumably townie power roles could talk to you in private and you could forward that, at least I think, but if there is a cult there has to be some unrecruitable or angel out there or something who knows about it.

I didn't have any proof.

This all stemmed from the fact that there was revealed a SK who died, and we know there's mafia. A giant wild wagon appears on me, seemingly coordinated by a guy who reeks of scum. But it's not really the method a scum would use to take me down, because it lets me know exactly where to look for who I need to blame.

And because the whisperings of my guilt were getting louder, and by more people, and for incredible reasons, I felt a cult was gaining power, and their main weapon is the lynch.

I have reasons to suspect it's not a cult in the classical sense now, because if the cult leader increases in power after death, that's an immense departure from classic cult design. The main point of vulnerability in a cult is the leader. Sometimes, if the leader dies, everyone in the cult is freed. Or they all lose. The point is, recruits aren't losses, the leader is.

Nictel certainly wouldn't be cult leader in the classical sense because he risked his life to destroy, not convert, an active persuasive townie, and got nailed on it, and seemed to grow stronger. Thus, my conclusion was wrong on Nictel. He is obviously a nasty guilty scumbag, but of a different stripe. He could very well be the mafia we are looking for. It's possible I'm overthinking it.

If so, that really does not explain the connections I'm seeing between himself and others to both try to destroy me, and then make sure he dies when that failed. Mafia wouldn't be trying to kill their own and also look scummy at the same time.

No, something is very wrong with my theory. And the only reason I even 'nailed' him in the first place, I think, is because he let me, and he wanted to be caught. Basic townies do not behave this way under questioning.

No, not really, and people like you and Arakhor need to be seriously looked at because of it, quietly siding in on one side to avoid trouble, if there is an opposing scum faction to Nictel's I think we all know what the "safe votes" today were.

Nictel was clearly trying to get himself lynched sooner rather than later given the writeup, and clearly had no expectation of actually winning today's vote. But we haven't had any real questions answered, like whether there's a separate mafia team (with nightkills only) and a separate cult (with recruitment only) and what exactly Nictel is. I would say it seems pretty certain to everyone that bestrfcplayer was a serial killer but beyond that we don't know and it makes a huge difference to townie strategy. Townie power roles are the ones who should really be paying attention and figuring out if there is one scenario that has to be true and committed to, and while ATPG could certainly be some angel who knows more behind the scenes right now he himself is also a target.

xpost - I'm not defending myself because I can't, as a vanilla Innocent, and I said that days ago. There's nothing to defend, if I die I should end up in the Eternal Pastures once again, and I can't provide anymore evidence unless someone scans me or something. Though that does sound like a more reasonable plan than something else tonight, pizza doesn't really need a scan now if we have a scanner.
Accidental slip, or an "accidental slip"? Don't know why a vanilla would be returning to heaven. Of coarse you could be demonic and cunningly left this little red herring for someone foolish like me to find.

I have been thinking, since Earthling has along with Nictel (to my recollection) been posting little hellion devil face smileys and also acting odd, Earthling has a similar goal to become demised and end up in Hell.

I know I wasn't imagining scummy behavior from these people, but it's so deliberate. It doesn't match normal mafia tactics. It matches joker tactics, really.

The deliberate part is if I find a way to banish Skooma to the moon because he wouldn't understand it.

You know, Earthling, you seem to have a vendetta against me and now you're the one bending the truth. I was the first person to vote for Nictel after ATPG's analysis, so I could not possibly be bandwagonning, unless you're also crediting me with foresight. You also seem intent on getting victimised and you should certainly have no way of knowing whether you go to heaven or not, especially if you're an alleged vanilla innocent.

does anyone know anyone who might be able to shed some light on this, where does the mafia fit into this?

I could. :p I won't of course. (Nor am I allowed to, even I need to abide by the rules.)

That said, I would like it if the people that did not vote today die first. I mean really. How could they not.

What exactly are the powers people get in Heaven?

P.S. Vade retro Nictellius!

Well with all mafia members still in play to my knowledge, we should be wary of accusations.
Not sure how relevant that is.

End of Night Four

Skwink Caesar lay in his cot, the lights out and a constant snore escaping his lips. The weather was calm (as always), as was the hooded figure who stepped inside the tent. A slinky was firmly grasped in the figure's hand. It walked over to Skwink's body, pulling the slinky over his head, all the way down to his throat. It soon became clear that this was no ordinary slinky.

It started to tighten around Skwink's throat, whose snores quickly ceased.

---------------

God: "You haven't been particularly good or bad, Skwink, but there are enough souls among the damned. You will go to Heaven."

Skwink: "Thank you, oh thank you!"

---------------

I am ready. I have prepared for this. Now is the time. I will save you.

He went down, down, down into the fiery pits of Hell, and when he came back, he brought someone with him.

classical_hero.

---------------

Magnive suddenly grew chill. He could sense something was wrong, that someone else was there besides him and Skwink Caesar.

A voice: "Magnive."

Magnive: "Who are you?"

Voice: "A friend."

Magnive: "How do I know this is true?"

Voice: "Just trust me. God is not as friendly and nice as he would like you to think. Do not trust him. He is the enemy. That is all."

The chill left Magnive, and all was normal again.

- Skwink Caesar was killed and sent to Heaven.

- classical_hero has been brought back into the world of the living.

- Magnive has been seduced by Satan.

• I will be updating the tally here!
  • Vote for a player to be lynched in bold!

Day Five ends in 47.5 hours!*

*23.5 hours if everyone has voted or if a majority has been reached, and 47.5 hours if neither of those two conditions have been met.

Great, now I have some Satanist up here with me. Don't chant to loud, this is Heaven and I'd like to catch up on some sleep.

"Heaven, must be missing an Angel".

I mean Magnive of course. Now, if there was anyone who could enlighten me a bit as to what's going on, I'd very much appreciated. I've mentioned it elsewhere, but it's no harm mentioning it again, I'm doing exams at the moment, but have the bulk done by now. (ie, 7 down, 3 to go, and one is tomorrow (followed by a Rush concert tomorrow evening)). So I float in and out of games, but am not able to keep fully up to date with most of them, as of I'd say the 23rd May, I'm going to be in super active mode, so you'd better watch out, the summer of Robbie is coming!

Top Bottom