2011 Mafia Awards

Zack

99% hot gas
2011 Mafia/NOTW Awards

Procedure

1. Anyone who played in at least one mafia or NOTW game this year (i.e. anyone on the list of "2011 Mafia/NOTW Players" located below) is eligible for participation in the 2011 Mafia Awards.

2. You have until January 1st, 2012 to nominate candidates for all of the awards.

You may not nominate yourself or a game you hosted.

3. Each award will then be listed, and each will be accompanied by a description of the award and a list of nominated players/games (along with any details included when they were nominated).

4. Voting is only for a group of awards at a time, then progress to the next group and vote, and so on and so forth.

5. Voting procedure for Player Awards:

• To vote, PM me a value between 1 and 10, with 1 being abysmal, 5 being average, and 10 being perfect.
  • Whichever player receives the highest average wins the award. (However, the number of votes will be taken into account. For example, an 8.7 game with 30 votes would beat a 9.0 game with 3 votes.)
  • You cannot vote for yourself.

6. Voting procedure for Game Awards:

• You are allowed to vote for as many nominated games as you want, as long as you played in them.
  • You cannot vote for games you hosted.
  • To vote, PM me a value between 1 and 10, with 1 being abysmal, 5 being average, and 10 being perfect.
  • Whichever game receives the highest average wins the award. (However, the number of votes will be taken into account. For example, an 8.7 game with 30 votes would beat a 9.0 game with 3 votes.)

7. Voting procedure for Team Awards:

• You are allowed to vote for as many nominated teams as you want.
  • You cannot vote for a mafia team you were a part of, but you can vote for an innocent team you were a part of.
  • Whichever team receives the highest average wins the award. (However, the number of votes will be taken into account. For example, an 8.7 team with 30 votes would beat a 9.0 team with 3 votes.)

Awards

Team Awards
Best Mafia Performance
Best Town Performance

Player Awards
Most Enjoyable Player
Best All Around Player
Best Innocent
Best Mafia/Werewolf/Serial Killer/Bad Guy
Best Contributor to Mafia
Best Host

Game Awards
Most Enjoyable Game
Best Small Game
Best Large Game
Best Setting/Storyline

2011* Mafia/NOTW Games

*All games after SpongeBob Mafia, as that was the last game included in the 2010 awards. As such, some of the following games will have started in December 2010.

Large Games

The Life and Times of Atto Ngoogol - Earthling

NOTW XXXVIII: No Tomorrow - Seon

The Princess Bride - Zack

NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution - Backwards Logic

Gangland Wars - classical_hero

NOTW XL: Return of the Baron - Autolycus

Highway to Hell - Zack/Kennigit

The Dinner Party - Askthepizzaguy

NOTW XLI: Chronomancy Redux - TheForestAuro

Archetype Mafia - Kennigit

Simpsons Mafia - Earthling

Small Games

civplayah's experimental mafia II - civplayah

M-NOTW XI: The Murderer's Web - Darth Caesar

Vanilla with a Cherry on Top - Darth Caesar

Metal Gear Mafia - mgsmuhammad

The Dark Knight Begins - askthepizzaguy

M-Notw XII: The Mage Guild - Sprig

Small Town Story - Jarrema

M-NOTW XIII: Death of the Tyrant - Takhisis

Zack Mafia II - Zack

Doctor Who Mafia - Turquoiside

Mafia Wars - Jarrema

Jimmy Neutron Mafia - bestrfcplayer

The Social Experiment - Skwink

Pick Your Poison: Termite Sailors Go Mad - Catharsis

2011 Mafia/NOTW Players

1. Abaddon
  2. Aiolos
  3. Arakhor
  4. askthepizzaguy
  5. Autolycus
  6. Backwards Logic
  7. BananaLee
  8. Beefy187
  9. bestrfcplayer
  10. BigTin
  11. BSmith1068
  12. Camikaze
  13. Catharsis
  14. CCRunner
  15. CELTICEMPIRE
  16. Chairman Meow
  17. choxorn
  18. CivGeneral
  19. civplayah
  20. classical_hero
  21. cpdwane
  22. Darth Caesar
  23. DaveShack
  24. dcmort93
  25. Diamondeye
  26. Double A
  27. Duke Blackstone
  28. Dumanios
  29. Earthling
  30. Ekolite
  31. electric926
  32. Frozen In Ice
  33. GamezRule
  34. General Olaf
  35. GhostWriter16
  36. God Emperor
  37. Gone 3 the Celt
  38. HarkonnenII
  39. Icekommander
  40. Izipo
  41. Jarrema
  42. Joecoolyo
  43. johnhughthom
  44. Jouzou
  45. JR48fan
  46. juKar-C
  47. Kennigit
  48. Khazaar
  49. landlubber
  50. Link
  51. Lord OST
  52. Love
  53. Mad Man
  54. Magnive
  55. MajKira
  56. Mango Elephant
  57. mayor
  58. mechaerik
  59. Mergle
  60. Methos
  61. mgsmuhammad
  62. momo1000
  63. Mongoloid Cow
  64. mythmonster2
  65. NedimNapoleon
  66. Neverwonagame3
  67. Nictel
  68. Nightbringer.
  69. Niklas
  70. NinjaCow64
  71. ollie95
  72. PaulusIII
  73. paulwhoisaghost
  74. Red_Spy
  75. remake20
  76. Renata
  77. rhawn
  78. robbiecon
  79. Romanichine
  80. RRRaskolnikov
  81. Save_Ferris
  82. Secura
  83. Seon
  84. sirtommygunn
  85. Skooma Addict
  86. Skwink
  87. Snaproll
  88. Snerk
  89. Sonereal
  90. SouthernKing
  91. Sprig
  92. SS-18 ICBM
  93. taillesskangaru
  94. Takhisis
  95. ThAmo
  96. The Bake
  97. TheForestAuro
  98. TheLastDays
  99. TheLastOne36
  100. thomas.berubeg
  101. tratorix
  102. Turquoiside
  103. tycoonist
  104. UziLogic
  105. Verarde
  106. Visorslash
  107. wideyedwanderer
  108. Winston Hughes
  109. Xpl
  110. Yoshiegg737
  111. Zack
  112. ZeletDude

Thanks to Catharsis for compiling the above list.

Nominations begin now. They will end sometime during the morning of New Years Day.

Procedure:

- Each person may nominate up to THREE, no more, candidates. You may only nominate one person/team/game for each award, though.

(For example, you can nominate someone for Best Host, someone for Best Contributor, and a game for Best Large Game, but you can't nominate three games for Most Enjoyable Game.)

- You may NOT nominate yourself, or a game you hosted. You are, however, allowed to nominate a team you were a part of.

- There is a maximum of ten nominations for each award, with the exception of the Best Small Game/Best Large game awards (five is the maximum for those).

- Please try to only nominate a player/team/game you truly believe is a legitimate candidate for the award you nominate them for.

- Let's not waste our time and/or nominations. If a person/team/game has already been nominated, please do not second/third/fourth (etc.) that nomination.

- You are encouraged to go into detail of why you nominated someone/something for an award. It is by no means necessary, so don't feel compelled to do so.

- When voting comes around, anything said in the thread about that person/game/team will be mentioned... So, even if you don't nominate someone/something yourself, you're encouraged to still say something about other nominees!

- A list of all awards, players, and games is located in the opening post.

Nominations

Team Awards

Best Mafia Performance

Spoiler :
  • Order of Kalabra (civplayah/Renata, Kennigit, Takhisis, askthepizzaguy) in Highway to Hell - nominated by Zack

• Mutineers (Verarde, landlubber, DaveShack) in Pick Your Poison: Termite Sailors Go Mad - nominated by Jarrema

• Cult/Demons in Return of the Baron - nominated by Earthling

• Mafia team in No Tomorrow - nominated by Backwards Logic

• The Vipers in Gangland Wars - nominated by askthepizzaguy

Best Town Performance

Spoiler :
  • The town in The Life and Times of Atto Ngoogol - nominated by choxorn

• The innocents in NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution - nominated by Backwards Logic

• The town in The Dinner Party - nominated by General Olaf

• The town in M-NOTW XI: The Murderer's Web - nominated by Verarde

Player Awards

Most Enjoyable Player

Spoiler :
  • johnhughthom - nominated by Zack

• askthepizzaguy - nominated by Jarrema

• Winston Hughes - nominated by Kennigit

• Catharsis - nominated by Backwards Logic

Best All-Around Player

Spoiler :
  • Backwards Logic - nominated by landlubber

• Romanichine - nominated by Catharsis

• askthepizzaguy - nominated by Zack

• landlubber - nominated by choxorn

Best Innocent

Spoiler :
  • askthepizzaguy - nominated by General Olaf

• Duke Blackstone - nominated by Earthling

• taillesskangaru - nominated by askthepizzaguy

Best Mafia/Werewolf/Serial Killer/Bad Guy

Spoiler :
  • askthepizzaguy - nominated by landlubber

• CCRunner - nominated by Kennigit

• landlubber - nominated by Backwards Logic

Best Contributor to Mafia/NOTW

Spoiler :
  • Zack - nominated by choxorn

• Backwards Logic - nominated by Catharsis

• askthepizzaguy - nominated by Backwards Logic

Best Host

Spoiler :
  • Earthling - nominated by Verarde

• Backwards Logic - nominated by Frozen In Ice

• Kennigit - nominated by General Olaf

• askthepizzaguy - nominated by choxorn

Game Awards

Most Enjoyable Game

Spoiler :
  • Simpsons Mafia, hosted by Earthling - nominated by landlubber

• The Life and Times of Atto Ngoogol, hosted by Earthling - nominated by Jarrema

• NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution, hosted by Backwards Logic - nominated by Zack

• NOTW XLI: Chronomancy Redux, hosted by TheForestAuro - nominated by General Olaf

Best Small Game

Spoiler :
  • Pick Your Poison: Termite Sailors Go Mad, hosted by Catharsis - nominated by Verarde

• Metal Gear Mafia, hosted by mgsmuhammad - nominated by Catharsis

• The Dark Knight Begins, hosted by askthepizzaguy - nominated by choxorn

Best Large Game

Spoiler :
  • The Dinner Party, hosted by askthepizzaguy - nominated by Verarde

• NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution, hosted by Backwards Logic - nominated by Kennigit

• The Princess Bride, hosted by Zack - nominated by choxorn

• Highway to Hell, hosted by Zack/Kennigit - nominated by Takhisis

• Simpsons Mafia, hosted by Earthling - nominated by askthepizzaguy

Best Setting/Storyline

Spoiler :
  • The Life and Times of Atto Ngoogol, hosted by Earthling - nominated by Zack

• Pick Your Poison: Termite Sailors Go Mad, hosted by Catharsis - nominated by Verarde

• NOTW XLI: Chronomancy Redux, hosted by TheForestAuro - nominated by Frozen In Ice

• NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution, hosted by Backwards Logic - nominated by Earthling

My nominations (will elaborate later):

1. Order of Kalabra (civplayah/Renata, Kennigit, Takhisis, askthepizzaguy) in Highway to Hell - Best Mafia Performance

Even though whichever terrible host set up this game (that would be yours truly :p) stacked the odds in their favor, to go through the whole ~30 player game with absolutely no casualties, while convincing the town of all sorts of ridiculous theories... well, that's more than worthy of the Best Mafia Team Performance.

2. johnhughthom - Most Enjoyable Player

A lot of CFCers probably don't know him too well, and that's a shame. John has caused me to snicker, chuckle, and literally laugh out loud more than any other mafia/NOTW player. His snide remarks and wit are unrivaled, although I suppose you expect hilarious sarcasm from an Englishman. Anyways, I love playing games with him, as well as hosting games he plays in. He's always active, and he's always entertaining.

3. The Life and Times of Atto Ngoogol - Best Setting/Storyline

Like Verarde said below, the character creation mechanic really helped this game's setting and storyline. Some people made downright hysterical characters (Love's comes to mind), others made intriguing dark characters with shady pasts (like mine, hopefully), and everyone contributed to the setting. Earthling also did a great job putting all of the crazy background stories and characters into a fun game with a coherent setting and plotline.

Best Host
Earthling for The Life and Times of Atto Ngoogol

This was a fantastic setup organized by Earthling. I loved the character creation mechanism, allowing us to give some background to our characters, which in turn influenced our roles a little bit, as well as the puzzles and everything that he included. The writeups were very good as well!

Best Small Game
Pick Your Poison Mafia - Catharsis

I feel that this game really deserves this, if only because he was one of the first to step up and attempt to revitalize mafia here at CFC (along with Skwink and yours truly). Not to mention the great updates and the nervousness I had while playing as a Mafia Cop, trying to keep everyone guessing. Really enjoyed this game.

Best Large Game
The Dinner Party - Askthepizzaguy

This had started after yet another of my hiatuses, and when I returned I really enjoyed following along till the end. Seems like everyone had fun as well.

There are other games that I either didn't play in, or didn't have enough nominations for, specifically Kennigit's Archetype Mafia, Simpsons Mafia, and the Zack Mafia series.
Zack was a great host, as was Earthling, ATPG, Kennigit, and Catharsis.

Looking forward to some of the 2012 games! Have a wonderful end of year everybody!

edit: x-post with Zack. He covered my Best Setting/Storyline already...so I changed my vote to Earthling for best host.

Best Setting/Storyline
The Life and Times of Atto Ngoogol - Earthling

(I would also nominate this game for Best Large Game, but I have other nominations to give out. I'm sure someone else will do so.)

Ha! Beat you to it! :p

You'll have to change that one.

large: NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution - Backwards Logic
small: Pick Your Poison: Termite Sailors Go Mad - Catharsis

best host- atpg dinner party (made game quite funny, since I'm not one to like large vanilla games

best town- Iunno, but I previously said "3) a pretty solid innocent win, and the townies used logic and reasoning skills to do so! The scum didn't play bad so it ended up as a quite fair and fun game." so dinner party townies

best bad guy- CCrunner in the impending retribution. IIRC he almost won and had quite a large order to get there (had to get the nuclear codes and keys iirc).

I guess on same note I'll nominate most enjoyable player- winston as I find him pretty funny when he roleplays.

I actually have a terrible memory when it comes to games, and don't really remember a ton. I guess I'll vote with the rest of the crowd on most things.

Why the sudden limit on nominations Zack? As per post 1548 in the Mafia Discussion thread, it's stated:

1. Once I open the thread, anyone who is eligible (eligible = anyone who is on the list of 2011 Mafia/NOTW Players, contained below) has one week to nominate candidates for all awards. You may not nominate yourself or a game you hosted.

Bolding mine. Looks like here we can nominate as many as we want, so why the change?

So not everything is nominated.

Or, with the limits in place now (10 for each award, 5 for Best Small/Large), if everyone could nominate for all awards, the first 10 people to see the thread would get to decide all the nominations, which isn't fair to others.

Best Innocent: ATPG (Mayor Quimby) in Simpsons Mafia. Because, despite his unhappiness with the site, he participated to help prevent the death of mafia; then, despite the inactivity in the game, he provided insightful observations that, ultimately, helped the innocents win. TBH, I think we should just auto-award it to him.

EDIT: oops, forgot my other two. Coming in next post.

Well, if someone thinks something/someone is worthy of recognition, saying, 'sorry, you only get three choices' is a bit harsh, considering how many awards there are to begin with (12). The other option is to let people nominate as many as they want while also allowing multiple nominations of the same thing for the same award. Then, you just take the top nominations as your vote choices, with the caveat being in order to be voted on it would need 'x' number of nominations to be considered (so the games with only one nomination are ignored). It solves the everything being nominated issue while also allowing everyone to vote whenever they choose, thus preventing them from getting locked out of nominating something for an award.

Most Enjoyable Game-- Simpsons Mafia.
Best Bad Guy-- Askthepizzaguy in the Dinner Party. Despite the fact that he wasn't actually a player in this game, he deserves a nomination for his fabulous role as the insane Askvard von Pizzaguy.
Best All-Around Player-- Backwards Logic. Every time he plays as mafia, he's flawlessly unscummy. When he plays as town, he's always able to call the mafia out correctly.

Best Setting/Storyline: Pick Your Poison: Termite Sailors Go Mad (Catharsis). Who couldn't love a mutiny on a termite sailing ship? Despite my early death, I actually kept lurking the game just because the writeups were so damn hilarious. :lol:

Best Town Performance: I'll nominate the town from Dinner Party (ATPG). We put up a strong fight, even though the serial killer (Joecoolyo) won first.

EDIT: Already nominated. in that case, I'll stick with two nominations for now.

EDIT2: Re-nominated, reasons further down.

Most enjoyable player:
ATPG (thanks to his performance in a Highway to Hell)

Most enjoyable game:
The Life and Times of Atto Ngoogol, hosted by Earthling
Just the game I liked the most

Best mafia performance:
Pick Your Poison: Termite Sailors Go Mad, hosted by Catharsis
Maybe because I remember well how I was screwed by them?

EDIT (answer to the post below): Verarde, don't blow. Breathe. Take it easy :)

I also have a question:
why not include mini games for awards? I do not remember how many of them were here, but if the number was too low, maybe they can be put in small games category?

You only have three nominations, Kennigit.

see, that would presume I read the instructions. Limits make sense.

so then I guess
1) large: impending retribution notw
2) best bad guy- CCrunner in impending retribution
3) most enjoyable player- winston hughes

Alright, here's mine:

1) Best Contributor to Mafia- Zack

I'd give an explanation, but do I really need to? This guy is incredibly awesome to do things like this, and the Mafia Info thread, and, for a while, the hosting queue, and that's just scratching the surface.

2) Best Large Game- The Princess Bride

An excellent game. A well-crafted setting with hilarious updates, and great game design, with great roles and balance. Activity in the thread was decent, and I got the impression that most people enjoyed the game. My role, Vizzini, is one of the most awesome I've ever had. Sadly, I was unable to win, but at least playing the game was fun as hell.

3) Best Town Performance- The Life and Times of Atto Ngoogol

I was originally going to go with the Dinner Party, but General Olaf seems to have already nominated it (Kennigit un-nominated it to lower his votes to 3, so you can re-nominate it now, Olaf). Well-played game, town. The town struggled a bit at first, but quickly got the hang of it and started kicking elemental butt (Oh may the Fire Elemental Rest In Peace). The Town worked well to solve the puzzles, defeat the mafia and Atto, and win the game, displaying a level of team-work, problem-solving, and activity rarely seen in Mafia. Sure, you can say the game was easier for the town than the mafia, but that doesn't change the fact that the Town played this one really well.

There's plenty of other nominations I want to give, but these 3 are all I get, so I'll leave them to other people.

Top Bottom