Guerra Pacifico 1879-1884

Bathyskaff

reality researcher
Hi!This is the second of my Industrial Era Scenarios named "Guerra Pacifico 1879-1884".This scenario is about the Second Pacific War between Chile and the Alliance of Peru & Bolivia.The events of the second plan in this scenario are the Conquest of Desert (Argentina and Chile's conquest of Mapuche Indians' territories of Araucania & Patagonia).As it was in my previous scenario Guerra del Paraguay 1864-1870, I've tried to authentically convey uniforms and equipment of all armies of that time.

Some previews
pacifico1.jpg

pacifico2.jpg

pacifico3.jpg

pacifico4.jpg

pacifico5.jpg

pacifico6.jpg

pacifico7.jpg

I have a Russian version of the game, so on these screenshots you can see the inscription on Russian.On your computer they will be alright!

Some samples of the uniforms, which I relied in selecting units:
Spoiler :

Chile

uniforms1.jpg

Bolivia
uniforms2.jpg

Peru
uniforms3.jpg

You can download it here
Guerra del Pacifico 1879-1884

Enjoy my scenario!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, really cool. Thank you.
Thanx!It would be even cooler if I had some specific units of time, such as the Paraguayan cavalry, dressed in a skirt and with spurs on bare feet!:crazyeye:It would be nice if our Great Creators of the units have paid attention to Latin America.I was only saved by the fact that in those years in South America almost all of the armies dressed by the French military fashion:)

I put two versions of the flag of Araucania - the ancient Indian flag of Mapuche Indians and modern.You may also choose to make it primarily as mapuche.flc, mapuche_large (_small), race mapuche_large (_small), mapuche_all (instead of mapuche2.flc and etc.)

Ancient

Modern

There is another flag of Araucania,created in the 19th century by a French lawyer and adventurer named Orelie-Antoine de Tounens (self-proclaimed king of Araucania & Patagonia Orelie-Antoine I). You can change it yourself in the folders Leaderheads,Flics,Civilopedia/Icons/Races,Advisors

All of Mapuche flags are here

Attachments

• Orelie-Antoine_flag.rar
    9.4 KB · Views: 252
I noted some of your units are speaking Italian... ;)
Yes,in the Second Pacific war fought many Italian emigrants.In particular,on the side of Peru was a regiment formed from the firemen of the city of Lima called "Legion of Garibaldi" (some of them actually fought in Italy in red shirts troops of Garibaldi).I put this unit in the game as elite unit.

A lot of immigrants from Italy was in Argentina.The rest of my units do not speak Italian, I just made them say "Si,Senor", that in Italian and in Spanish sounds the same:lol:

And another title

Attachments

• x_title.rar
    393.3 KB · Views: 252
Bonus for Xmas and New Year;)

Or English version

This is the modern photo of the famous Peruvian (later Chilean) ironclad of that war - Huascar.She became a floating museum and a memorial.

The famous battle of Iquique 21 May 1879 between the Huascar (right) and the Chilean corvette Esmeralda (left)

Attachments

• x_title.rar
    220.6 KB · Views: 258
  • title.rar
    220.1 KB · Views: 476
Bathy, cool pics, although I prefer the very 1st title screen. It's dramatic & I love this kind of things. :)

Bathy, cool pics, although I prefer the very 1st title screen. It's dramatic & I love this kind of things. :)
Yes,me too,Wolfy :)I prefer to work with the Army uniforms than with military equipment,but the best-known by the global public events of this war occurred at the sea,so I have to offer different, "naval" title ;)

Some funny pictures of that war :lol:

Peruvians

Bolivians

Chileans

Due to the fact that in this scenario is reflected not only the Second Pacific War, but Chile & Argentina's conquest of the Araucania (Conquest of the Desert), I decided to make another title Conquista del Desierto.

Attachments

• conquest_title.rar
    398.5 KB · Views: 181
  • conquista_title.rar
    406.7 KB · Views: 252
The events of the second plan in this scenario are the Conquest of Desert (Argentina and Chile's conquest of Mapuche Indians' territories of Araucania & Patagonia).
What do you actually mean by this? Does the Conquista del Desierto happen in-game or not?

What do you actually mean by this? Does the Conquista del Desierto happen in-game or not?
Yes,it happens,of course,if you try my scenario ;) I'm very well thought out and counted on time to all the events of that time were reflected in that scenario.:scan:These are 4 locked alliances in this game: Chile vs.Peru & Bolivia;Argentina vs.Araucania (and Chile vs.Araucania too) - as it was in fact. And it would be foolish and unwise to circumvent their attention on what was happening during the Second Pacific War the Conquest of the Desert.Of course, the highlight of my scenario is Guerra del Pacifico.But if you want to conquest Araucania & Patagonia,you can choose Argentina (or conquest Argentina by Mapuche Indians,that I have done more than once ;))

!!!Request to the Spanish-speaking forumers!!!

I would like to achieve greater historicity in that game and therefore resulted in almost all the names and numbers of regiments and battalions in their native language (English,French,Portuguese,but mainly in Spanish).As most of South America speaks Spanish, I got carried away and translated the names of resources, governments, levels of experience of units also in Spanish (that ain't no my native tongue),so it would be nice if our Spanish-speaking colleagues tested this my job.:please:

All right, all right, I'll check it. But not tomorrow because it's the end-of-year party.

!!!Request to the Spanish-speaking forumers!!!

I would like to achieve greater historicity in that game and therefore resulted in almost all the names and numbers of regiments and battalions in their native language (English,French,Portuguese,but mainly in Spanish).As most of South America speaks Spanish, I got carried away and translated the names of resources, governments, levels of experience of units also in Spanish (that ain't no my native tongue),so it would be nice if our Spanish-speaking colleagues tested this my job.:please:
I completely forgot about this. What do you want me to do? Check inside the game itself? It's doable, but it'd take time.
What is the source of the humorous illustrations?
The last one looks as if it was done in a style similar to that of Florencio Molina Campos, the other I'm not sure, but I've seen it before. Pity the URL doesn't tell me anything.

Bathy: I've played this scenario several times and it is becoming one of my favorites. Well done!

Three comments:
1. I have been unable to finish out the tech tree before the scenario ends.
2. When I play beyond the scenario finish, the game always crashes at September 1887.
3. The siege cannons are way out of CivIII scale. Perhaps you could persuade someone to make some new ones for you.

Tak: This scenario (and its companion) are areas I suspect you know a good deal about. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I completely forgot about this. What do you want me to do? Check inside the game itself? It's doable, but it'd take time.

The last one looks as if it was done in a style similar to that of Florencio Molina Campos, the other I'm not sure, but I've seen it before. Pity the URL doesn't tell me anything.
The artist of these pictures is Patrick Berthelot.The source of these paintings is a site of Russian reenactors of the uniforms (however, in Russian).Oddly enough, but all of these funny pictures accurately reflect the real uniforms of soldiers of that war.
Takhisis:Yes, I would like you to check my scenario for the Spanish names not corresponding to reality,of course, if you have time and desire to do:).Maybe I'm wrong in something:confused:I would not like so that Spanish-speaking players were thinking about me, like I think about Tom Hanks is now after his part in the film The Terminal, where he supposedly speaks in Russian, but in fact to the terrible gibberish:crazyeye:

Bathy: I've played this scenario several times and it is becoming one of my favorites. Well done!

Three comments:
1. I have been unable to finish out the tech tree before the scenario ends.
2. When I play beyond the scenario finish, the game always crashes at September 1887.
3. The siege cannons are way out of CivIII scale. Perhaps you could persuade someone to make some new ones for you.

Tak: This scenario (and its companion) are areas I suspect you know a good deal about. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thanks,7ronin!
1. I do not think that is a big problem, besides I was faced with similar situations, even in classical Civ III scenarios.But I can extend the time of the scenario:)
2. Strangely, no such notice and have no idea which is why this can happen, although I've played (and won) for all players in this scenario.I'll try one more time to understand this problem.
3. These siege cannons were made by imperator1961 and as for me,they seem to be quite on the CivIII scale,at least, before I tried Wyrm's siege weapons and they came less than Imperator's units.
I generally like the Industrial Era scenarios.I am very sensitive to the historical features of the era: uniforms, weapons, etc.I try not to insert in the scenario units, which could not be at this time(even in a single copy).And it's great that our Great Creators of units continue their work.
Now I have 5 more half-baked scenarios of this era and did not even know when they will be able to finish:confused:

Thanks,7ronin!
Now I have 5 more half-baked scenarios of this era and did not even know when they will be able to finish:confused:

Well, take your time. I'm sure that they will be just as good as your first two. While we wait we will have plenty of enjoyment from these two you have already made. Again, great job.

Top Bottom