[WIP] Project Civ: A Quality-Oriented Civ Pack

India can be broken up into India and Mughals, I think. I believe someone else is working on that, though. I might eventually consider it down the line. But really, India isn't nearly as generic as Greece is. I think Greece has to be the most genericized civ in the game.

*Polynesia

Yeah, I'm thinking about doing the Mughals and India. There are others I could do as well, but I think that's enough given the current situation

*Polynesia

Yeah, I'm thinking about doing the Mughals and India. There are others I could do as well, but I think that's enough given the current situation

Do any of the Polynesian civs stand on their own? I'd have a hard time conceiving a way to make hawai'i, maori, tahiti, samoa, nuku hiva, etc. stand on their own.

Same reason how I generalized Mississippians.

So here's my latest brainfarts on Project Civ's Greece. I want your input on this stuff, mainly in regards to Macedonia and the missing Unique Items.

Athens

Leader: Pericles
Unique Ability: Delian League (City State influence decays at half rate, recovers twice as fast. Can move freely through City State borders without penalty.)
Unique Building: Odeon (In addition to the 3 Culture and 1 Great Artist slot, the Odeon also provides another 1 Culture and Great Artist slot. Replaces Amphitheater.)
Unique Item 2: ???

Macedonia

Leader: Alexander
Unique Ability: Need a name! (While unable to produce Phylaxes through unit experience gains, receive a free Phylax upon entering every era. In addition, receive a free Courthouse in every conquered city.)
Unique Unit 1: Companion Cavalry
Unique Unit 2: Phylax (While not giving the combat bonus, the Phylax removes all terrain penalties for surrounding units. Replaces Great General.)

Sparta

Leader: Leonidas
Unique Ability: Walls of Sparta (After a Great General is born, begin receiving free units for each Citizen in the Capital.)
Unique Unit: Hoplite
Unique Building: Syssitia Hall

Do any of the Polynesian civs stand on their own? I'd have a hard time conceiving a way to make hawai'i, maori, tahiti, samoa, nuku hiva, etc. stand on their own.

Yes, definitely. I can think of ways to make several different (Hawaii, Rapa Nui, Maori, Tonga / Samoa / Tahiti) civilizations quite easily

i think macedonia is best known for its macedonian phalanx (sarissophores)
and improving puppeting in some way i think would suit alexander's policy more than free courthouses on annexion.

maybe puppets should produce more culture... or culture buildings should survive conquest

Yes, definitely. I can think of ways to make several different (Hawaii, Rapa Nui, Maori, Tonga / Samoa / Tahiti) civilizations quite easily

Hawaii:

UU: Koa (Spear/phalanx type unit; maybe bonus if next to an adjacent unit)
UB: Heiau (Temple; faith and/or healing mechanic)

Tonga:

UU: Tongiaki (a form of fishing boat that could also attack/defend, but it seems impossible to bleed together the combat and non-combat units).
UB: Langi (Impressive Tongan burial tombs - so shrine or temple - try and mimic the god of war belief locally)

i think macedonia is best known for its macedonian phalanx (sarissophores)
and improving puppeting in some way i think would suit alexander's policy more than free courthouses on annexion.

maybe puppets should produce more culture... or culture buildings should survive conquest

Sarissophore typically referenced the cavalry equipped with them. Though it's a general term, and can properly be used to reference anything wielding a sarissa.

Perhaps I could make an infantry Sarissophore unit for them? Because they had the biggest sticks, I'd say they'd deserve a combat bonus against units with a bonus vs. mounted units. An interesting note about this is that they'd probably stalemate with Spartan Hoplites. Spartans get a bonus vs. classical units, macedonians get the bonus vs. spearman/pikeman/lancer type units. Another interesting note about this is that the Macedonian lancers would be the kings of the lancers, getting a bonus vs. other lancers (as long as they were upgraded from spearmen)

Hey Irkalla, I think this will be of interest to you... A ways for using Leader Music without replacing any leader, its pretty easy really: Here

Beautiful icons!:thumbsup:
Indonesia, I think should have a ability and UU oriented to the same direction.So, Embarking bonuses + Bhayangkara/naval trade bonuses + Galleass UU(Javanes Jong).

Guess the Mystery Peace Theme! I won't be talking about this one for a while. It will purposely be in the low tier, though. The Civ isn't meant to be serious, but will give veteran players a great challenge.

Because no-one has made a guess, I'll drop an encoded hint for you guys.

225-15
101-9
241-31
411-12
246-7
453-9

The hint is in this topic somewhere. But where? :lol:

Because no-one has made a guess, I'll drop an encoded hint for you guys.

225-15
101-9
241-31
411-12
246-7
453-9

The hint is in this topic somewhere. But where? :lol:

Each character counts, or only the actual letters?

EDIT: Can't be bothered looking for the posts now, too much work to do

Yeah, that's my problem too
4th can be T, G or O
5th U or S
6th O or N

EDIT:
1st N or S
2nd O or E

Yeah, that's my problem too
4th can be T, G or O
5th U or S
6th O or N

EDIT:
1st N or S
2nd O or E

The answer lies between the alternatives.

Top Bottom