None Shall Pass [Game Thread - Concluded]

I consider Arakhor to be extremely suspicious, nothing has changed the view to date.

Why not vote for him then? Right now, we've got 10 of 16 on SamSniped. In such a onesided lynch, we learn very little beyond the alignment of the lynchee.

Of course I've been contacting people. When Visor was killed by the Balrog, I inherited his spreadsheet, with everything he, Choxorn, Sprig and BSmith had discovered. That's why I know which LotR characters were incorruptible (sorry, KingMorgan) and what everyone's claimed roles are. That's also how we've unmasked SamSniped, as you may recall.

There shouldn't be any inconsistencies, mostly because I have never lied to anyone throughout the game, even when perhaps a lie would have been easier.

So you have the knowledge base that makes you a significantly more dangerous cultist.

I certainly do recall you playing a part in the revelations of SamSniped's role/results claim yesterday, and I think your part in it was suspicious. I don't think I've been remotely unclear about that. However, the most compelling bit of evidence in favour of SamSniped being cult is, by far, the fact that he was the sole LotR player to vote against lynching Takhisis yesterday.

The inconsistencies may be coming from the way other players are reporting your communications with them, but that's what I believe I've seen.

Well, I can't do much about that then, can I?

I will waltz through today without a vote. I'm still getting the hang of the game, the balance of power and all, and Sam is dead.

To keep the balance, the number of LotR and SW players should be the same, right? Isn't a cult more likely to kill people from the other side? Then the cult may play a balancing role tonight.

Yeah, Arakhor was a defender of Takhisis until close to the end, and he also assured us that two townies were cult. It seems like he's attempting to lynch townies without being super suspicious. vote:Arakhor

Which two townies would those be, eh? I only made one mistake with Gandalf and, let's be fair, we all knew he was going to come back if he was a genuine townie anyway.

"Hey, what's taking so long?"

"Sorry, I forgot! I was busy! My dog ate the update! I'm sick!"

"Sounds reasonable. I believe it."

"Which one?"

"That one."

"...Okay. Thanks for your trust."

"Don't mention it. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to chop SamSniped's head off."

And he did so.

"Nice and clean! Good work!"

"Thanks! I've been practicing on some of the locals."

"That doesn't seem like a good idea..."

"Oh, don't worry. I kill them first, I'm not some barbarian."

"Nice and clean! Good work!"

Spoiler :

SamSniped was Gollum!

Spoiler :
...But he was really the Witch-King of Angmar, a member of the Lord of the Rings Cult!

TALLY:

Spoiler :

It is now Night Ten.

[TIMER=11/24/2013 11:59 PM EST; Night Ten Over][/TIMER]

ALIVE:

15 / 33

Arakhor
azzaman333
Buddhafish
Darth Feather
dcmort93
Frozen In Ice
Gone 3 the Celt
Jarrema
JoanK
KingMorgan
sirtommygunn
SouthernKing
spaceman98
Stuck in Pi
topsecret

DEAD:

18 / 33

Kennigit - Admiral Ackbar

Dumanios - Han Solo

The Black Knigh - Samwise Gamgee

Autolycus - Lando Calrissian

Red_Spy - Éomer

robbiecon - Jabba the Hutt

Sprig - Arwen

Verarde - Théoden

Askthepizzaguy - Mace Windu / COUNT DOOKU

choxorn - Galadriel

BSmith1068 - Pippin

Visorslash - Aragorn / GANONDORF

Nintz - Anakin Skywalker

Backwards Logic - Yoda / DARTH MAUL

Camikaze - Obi-Wan Kenobi / EMPEROR PALPATINE

Double A - Legolas

Takhisis - Faramir / SAURON

SamSniped - Gollum / WITCH-KING

Sam was still a townie on Day Five, but I'd hazard a guess that he was converted on Night Six or thereabouts.

Dude, I am JHT.

Spaceman seems to think it's Buddhafish, but I'm more inclined to believe it's Sirtommygun.

On a different note, I am Eowyn and I have now aided in the death of the Witch-King. :)

If I was a Stormtrooper, I would say "Keep it up!" over the radio while I fight ineffectually for the nearby command points as the player character mows down literally the entire rebellion with his sniper rifle.

In other words, you bussed him like you bussed Takhisis.

Oh, well, of course. Since, according to you, the cult can't recruit any more people, I would naturally bump off the cult leader and one of my only remaining cultists, because my plan is to get the "Cult Sole Survivor" achievement, right?

You're either an unbelievably-blinkered townie or (as I've suspected for some time) one of the few-remaining cultists desperately trying to implicate me.

If I was a Stormtrooper, I would say "Keep it up!" over the radio while I fight ineffectually for the nearby command points as the player character mows down literally the entire rebellion with his sniper rifle.

And then respawned as Darth Vader and choked everyone to death?

This is incredibly awesome.
Well, I was a part of it.
And then respawned as Darth Vader and choked everyone to death?
I prefer going droideka on people's arses, but sure.

First of all, why would we hunt for Vader when the LOTR cult is still the more powerful cult faction? They get a kill a day with Mouth + Saruman, while Vader can only kill every other day (Injure then kill). Secondly, it's more likely we kill a LOTR cultist because there's a much higher cult/town ratio in the LOTR camp than there is in the SW camp.
Spaceman seems to think it's Buddhafish, but I'm more inclined to believe it's Sirtommygun.

On a different note, I am Eowyn and I have now aided in the death of the Witch-King. :)
Thirdly, what have I done to warrant suspicion as Vader? If I was cult, why would I have repeatedly talked down the idea of a townVtown war when a town war would be the best possible thing for a cultist? I have been playing for the SW town 100% of the way.

Also, why would you stress so much that you're in no way connected to the LOTR cult and then pick up right where Takhisis left off - trying to get a bandwagon going on me?

Mentioning that you think someone might be a cultist is trying to start a bandwagon? I just expressed an opinion: if I had any facts, I'd present them. I'd think I could at least be trusted on that. Besides which, LotR Cult would still want SW Cult dead, so Takhisis' opinions on the matter are hardly invalid.

Given that we don't know the exact sizes of the cults, claiming any sort of ratio at all is either misguided at best or verging on PIS. From what we've seen, 2/7 is higher than 1/8, I'll definitely grant you that, but maybe you want to talk to Azzaman, since that he's so sure that the LotR Cult can't reproduce any more.

Top Bottom