Resource icon

Improved MP v1.20

DarkLunaPhantom

Prince
Supporter
I've made some changes to the MP so I'll post them here in case there's anyone interested. To apply changes simply paste content of the desired version folder to the Rhye's and Fall MP folder and replace all files when asked.

Current version: v1.20
Date: 30/Mar/2016

Download here.

Note: Since PB Mod was merged in v1.20, this doesn't work with normal pitboss anymore, you must use PB Mod pitboss available here or here. Be sure to check out other nice stuff they've got there if you're playing pitboss games. Also, make sure you're not using short names option of PB Mod as I didn't implement it completely because it is unnecessary.

Changelog:
Spoiler :
v1.20
- Added "Always accept flips" as optional add-on.
- Enemy units present in city are no longer deleted when city culturally flips, they are just bumped out of enemy borders. (Note that this applies only to cultural flips.)
- Merged with PB Mod_v5. Normal pitboss cannot be used anymore, you must use PB Mod pitboss available http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=533346 or https://github.com/YggdrasiI/PBStats. More information about PB Mod is also available there.
- Download package now includes all previous versions.

v1.12
- Allowed human to human vassalage.
- Added changelog file.

v1.11
- Ethiopian UP is changed back to singleplayer version since Congresses are enabled.

v1.10
- Multiplayer research "bug" is fixed. More information further down in the thread.

v1.00
- Human players always refuse flips to newborn civs (and wars/troop spawns/betrayals happen accordingly).
- Congresses are back in very limited form: AI votes instead of human players and decisions are always accepted.
- Years are always displayed in PitBoss window instead of ages so CivStats can now be used without problem.
- Some other minor PitBoss related python errors are fixed.
- "True" random numbers are again used everywhere where they're important.
- If a human player takes over a vassaled AI, the vassalage is broken next turn to be consistent with no human vassals game rule.
- Some disabled AI features are enabled again (such as random DOWs against minor civs).

I've tested all the changes and they seem to work as intended. OOSs appear sometimes on turn change, but they shouldn't be too annoying in simultaneous turns PitBoss games with daily turns (and I made the patch with PitBoss in mind primarily so I probably won't be tackling those).

Did you by any chance change the bugged research costs that occur in the normal RFC MP?

I didn't fix any bugs that aren't related to pitboss.

Can you explain what exactly this research cost bug is? Does it also happen in single-player version of RFC?

Thanks for the information. I'll look into it when I find the time for it (and that almost surely won't happen in the next two weeks).

No problem! If you ever figure something out feel free to pm me and id happily playtest it for you.

It seems that whenever a new human player joins the game (eg. in hotseat everytime a human civ is spawned) all human players (I haven't checked for the AI yet) get a tech cost increase. It probably has something to do with human player modifiers, they are probably incorrectly applied to all human players instead of just one or something like that. The problem is that I don't have any idea where the code for such modifiers is located. I'll try to find the relevant code (both in Python and C++) when I find some free time for it, but I can't promise that I'll be successful.

I've found the problem and I should be able to fix it. Research costs go up by 7% (multiplied by 1.07) for each human player. That's 150% of the original cost with 6 human players, and 200% of the original cost with 10 human players which is insane.

Rhye intended to slow down research when there're many human players but this renders the game unplayable. I've changed this back to singleplayer level.

New version:
- Ethiopian UP is changed back to singleplayer version since Congresses are enabled.

This is a change in DLL so taking this DLL now will do more than only fixing the research rate.

Thank you very much for finally fixing the ridiculous research cost bug as well as adding all the other features with this patch! My friends and I have finally been able to get multiplayer RFC to a workable state. However, is there a way to revert the change where human players always refuse flips? I'd like to be able to allow cities to flip unless there's some game changing bug associated with this feature I'm not aware of? If there's any way I can revert this change by editing the files on my end, I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Thank you very much for finally fixing the ridiculous research cost bug as well as adding all the other features with this patch! My friends and I have finally been able to get multiplayer RFC to a workable state. However, is there a way to revert the change where human players always refuse flips? I'd like to be able to allow cities to flip unless there's some game changing bug associated with this feature I'm not aware of? If there's any way I can revert this change by editing the files on my end, I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

I changed always allow to always refuse because it seemed more player-friendly for introducing my friends to RFC. (Losing cities and units when you're not familiar with the mod can be very frustrating.)

I've made a version of RiseAndFall.py that should work the way you prefer it for v1.12 and it is attached to this post. You must copy this to the mod folder with v1.12 already in place. If I make a new version of the patch, I'll figure out how to incorporate both versions and allow switching with a simple XML edit or something like that.

What I would really like is to make a version where you can choose whether you want to allow or refuse the flip (and where there's a fully working congress), but that would require that I spend some time learning how to send game messages over the network through python and I don't know when will I have time for that or will I be able to pull that off at all.

EDIT: Also, when I play with always refuse option and I want to allow the flip, I simply gift those cities to any AI.

EDIT: I've removed the uploaded file as it is included in v1.20.

Thank you very much! We greatly appreciate your generosity in making this awesome game workable in multiplayer!

This is great! A pity this didn't exist when we started that bunch of RFC PBEMs. :sad:

Me and my friend are running the beta gamespy version of Civ 4 off of steam and trying to play imrpoved mp.. It will not work it crashes whenever we try to start the game. Am I missing something?

To start the game I go to Advanced> Load Mod> Rhyes and Fall MP> I start a direct IP game with the 3000 bc scenario and change no options in the party and we both click ready and start. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I just tested this (using Egypt as host and India as second player) and it worked just fine. (I also used steam beta version on both PCs so everything should be the same.) Are you sure that you both have the same version of RFC MP and Improved MP?

New version:
v1.20
- Added "Always accept flips" as optional add-on.
- Enemy units present in city are no longer deleted when city culturally flips, they are just bumped out of enemy borders. (Note that this applies only to cultural flips.)
- Merged with PB Mod_v5. Normal pitboss cannot be used anymore, you must use PB Mod pitboss available http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=533346 or https://github.com/YggdrasiI/PBStats. More information about PB Mod is also available there.
- Download package now includes all previous versions.

Top Bottom