Resource icon

Improved MP v1.20

So, how exactly does this whole Pitboss thing work? My friend and I are playing the original MP mod in the Internet mode, and I'm wondering if that's the same as Pitboss or not. I'd honestly prefer not getting the Pitboss, since the only issue I've had with the original MP is a constant issue with the other player disconnecting, which does not seem to be fixed by said Pitboss. Also, I don't really know what exactly a Pitboss is or does, so sorry if I'm just being dumb.

Okay, so after reading up on what Pitboss essentially is, if we are running non-Pitboss games, do we need to download the new pitboss recommended for this mod?

You don't need to do anything PitBoss related if you don't use it, so you don't need to download the new PitBoss to play the game without using it.

So, I've run into an issue with a portion of the mod. When I merged the "Always accept flips" Python file with the previous, it caused a glitch in which all the cities that flipped would be razed upon flipping. This is an issue since I wanted to take control of the Ottomans, but when war was autodeclared, they would be pushed out of borders and placed their capital city in an entirely incorrect place. When I merged the "Always accept flips" portion, they would found their capital city in the right place, but then all the cities that flipped (including the capital, for whatever reason) would be razed upon flipping, leaving myself capital-less.

To clarify: the issue seems to be with the AI or something that occurs after the flip. I noticed that when the Civ spawns in on it's first turn, the cities are still intact and the flip was successful. However, I cannot take control of the Turks during this first turn of existence; I have to wait a turn in order to take control of them. It is this next turn, when the borders readjust and I'm able to take control, that all the cities are, for whatever reason, razed.

If you can find a fix to this, I would appreciate it.

Nevermind the previous statements, I actually figured out the issue.
Apparantly if you switch to a civ during the turn directly after a cultural flip, it'll glitch out and cause what you saw above. However, if you wait until one more turn after, everything is fine:

Only drawback is that you have to let the AI take control of the Civ for 2 turns, which can cause unintended events/decisions, but that's okay in the grand scheme of things.

I think that cities are not razed and that this is only a graphical glitch, but it makes the game hardly playable. This happens sometimes in RFC when human player takes over the civ (even in single-player mod) and I don't know the reason; it is a long-standing bug that I don't know how to fix. So this won't be happening always, for some reason some games you start will be affected by it. It seems that waiting one more turn when it happens is the easiest way to avoid it (and you don't have the option of waiting in a single player mod so when it happens it usually ruins the game completely).

One turn delay is there by design, I don't know why Rhye did it that way or can it be avoided. I might look into it later, but I cannot promise that I will have the time to do that any time soon.

I am sorry that I am not of any real help here.

(In any case, when you're playing in single-player mode I would recommend to use the normal version of the mod (or even better use this improved version of the mod that unfortunately has no multiplayer) as there is no one turn delay there.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom