Cromwell Mk IV (British WW2 Tank)

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
Unit created for WW2 1939 Mod

DOWNLOAD HERE
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4139
Teamcoored version here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6474062&postcount=21

The Cromwell was the product of further development of British cruiser tanks, and was designed as the replacement for the Crusader tank, which was fast becoming obsolete. In late 1940, the General Staff set out the specifications for the new tank, and designs were submitted in early 1941. (by Wikipedia)

Note that the first screenshot was made with 512x512 texture (wich is also added to .zip file, but if you don't need it don't use 512x512 texture - so you can delete cromwel512.dds. By default model is setup to 256x256 texture. If you want to change that rename cromwel512.dds to cromwell.dds). The second is from game with 256x256 texture

The .zip contains:
- around 900 triangles model, animated
- 256x256 texture
- optional 512x512 texture
- button

Enjoy :)

Hi,

Very nice unit. Looks like the real one !
Good job (as usual) !

Hian the Frog

Very impressive !

The first pic is awesome ( lots and lots of work I presume )

1 hour :D - i worked on model around 8-10 hours and that trees and sky are from program for rendering (i used countryside wich i made few months ago) - i was so happy with the effect i get so i thought i should make render :)

finally, I have to say :goodjob: and keep up the good work !

Hi,

Very nice unit. Looks like the real one !
Good job (as usual) !

Hian the Frog

Thank you :)

Wow, this is impressive. Just the LOD is amazing, even on the 256x256 screenshot.

Wow, perfect! Anyone has an idea how I could replace the basic tank with this one but just for english leaders?

Sorry for the newb questions, this is really the first time I try to add a unit because I feel it's really nice and complete.

I have read White Rabbit's tutorial to add new units, I followed all the steps but I have a problem. This is what I've put in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml:

Spoiler :

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_ENGLISH_CROMWELL</Type>
<fScale>0.48</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.9</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Art/Units/Cromwell/Cromwell.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Cromwell/Cromwell.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Cromwell/Cromwell.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/TankShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<iDamageStates>4</iDamageStates>
<TrailDefinition>
<Texture>Art/Shared/tanktread.dds</Texture>
<fWidth>1.0</fWidth>
<fLength>180.0</fLength>
<fTaper>0.0</fTaper>
<fFadeStartTime>0.2</fFadeStartTime>
<fFadeFalloff>0.35</fFadeFalloff>
</TrailDefinition>
<fBattleDistance>0.5</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.12</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop>LOOPSTEP_TANK</AudioRunTypeLoop>
<AudioRunTypeEnd>ENDSTEP_TANK</AudioRunTypeEnd>
</AudioRunSounds>
<SelectionSound>AS3D_UN_TANK_FORT</SelectionSound>
<ActionSound>AS3D_UN_TANK_FORT</ActionSound>
</UnitArtInfo>

What should I put in <ShadowNIF> ? I'm also not sure which one to put in <Texture> ... cromwell.dds or cromwell512.dds?

Last question .. as I asked in my previous post, how can I make this unit be available only to english leaders? Will the Cromwell button appear instead of the normal tank when playing as english leader?

Thanks for your help, and again, an amazing piece of work, congrats! :goodjob:

@ all: Thank you :)

@ Franks:
[...] What should I put in <ShadowNIF> ? I'm also not sure which one to put in <Texture> ... cromwell.dds or cromwell512.dds?
This two you don't have to change
- You change <ShadowNIF> when you want to add custom shadow. In this case Sherman uses Default Tank Shadow (the same wich uses Tank, Panzer and Mechanized Infantry)
- You change <Texture> when you have custom trails. In this case i use trails left by Caterpillar track - the same wich default tank uses.

Last question .. as I asked in my previous post, how can I make this unit be available only to english leaders?
To make unique unit
- you have to change only Unitsinfo.xml file (don't change UnitClassInfo.xml)
- than the easies would be to copy default tank sherman, edit it - but you should left tag<Class> the same as default tank has and changed tag <Type>. f.e.:
Code:
        <UnitInfo>
            <Class>UNITCLASS_TANK</Class>
            <Type>UNIT_CROMWELL</Type>
- and finaly in CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
look for great britain and under redcoat add new lines (or replace redcoat - i don't know what do you want to do)
PHP:
				<Unit>
					<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_TANK</UnitClassType>
					<UnitType>UNIT_CROMWELL</UnitType>
				</Unit>

Will the Cromwell button appear instead of the normal tank when playing as english leader?

If you made everything ok yes it should change button to cromwell (don't forget to post path to button in unitsinfo.xml - for example - <Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/cromwell_button.dds</Button>

Thanks for your help, and again, an amazing piece of work, congrats! :goodjob:

np and thx :)
If you would have more troubles just ask i'll try to help

Thank you very much for your help asioasioasio! I now can see the unit in the civilopedia, it appears with proper graphics but for some reason the button seems a bit 'blurry', the <Button> line was like this : <Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Tank.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,4,11</Button>
and I changed it to <Button>,Art/Units/Cromwell/cromwell_button.dds</Button>

What I'm trying to do with this unit is simply replace it with the basic tank (for english leaders only) to give some visual flavor to the game, I want it to be the same as the normal tank technically, not as a unique unit or such.

Thanks again! ;)

Don't forget to remove the coma which is unnecessary with a single path.

Yup exactly it'll crash the game in warlords after trying to build this unit in the city

it should be
<Button>Art/Units/Cromwell/cromwell_button.dds</Button>
the button is blury cause i still lack experience in 2d graphics - it's as much identical with civ4 style as i can get :)

And finally making units available only for english leader means for me you're making unique unit - even if it has the same parameters as normal tank - so the method above should work

Top Bottom