Version 2.x bug reports

zappara

Mod Designer
Please post bug reports from v2.x to this thread.

About bug reporting:
  1. If you find bug in the mod try to describe it in detail when you post about it. This helps me to locate it more accurately and faster.
  2. About missing UI problem: Please post what Windows type and language version you are using. Also tell which one you are using, Beyond the Sword or complete Edition.
  3. CTDs ie. Crashs To Desktop, try to provide as much information as possible what happened just before it occurred. Even better if you can upload save game file so I can take a look at it. If you are experiencing CTDs in late game, try reducing graphic settings, BtS is known to have crashes when saved games get big and when there's lots of stuff in late game - most common reason for CTD is that Civ 4 can't find enough free memory.
  4. Some Civ4 Map scripts can not make maps for Giant or Gigantic map sizes.

BtS log files

To speed up finding possible causes for bugs, you can enable logging in BtS and attach zipped log files in this thread when you post about your findings.

To enable logging go to BtS folder and open Civ4Config. Check following options to these settings:

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

Now when you start game, it logs everything to log files. When you exit the game, go to BtS folder, there should be Civ4logs, go there. Zip the log files in that folder and attach the zip file in your post so I can take a look at those files.

BTW, did you add in Dale's various combat mods? I know they were an option pack to 1.0

Dale's mods are not yet included.. Kalimakhus will be making (hopefully :)) an addon for RoM that will add Dale's combat mods with some other mods. See the addon -thread for more info. Currently addon is only available for RoM v1.03 and it will take some time before new one for v2.0 will be ready.

How can you get Cavalry before Cuirassier, when Cavalry requires Steam Power, Rifling, Stirrup & Flintlock?

Maybe in a round about tech advancement type of way, but unlikely. I suppose the Stirrup & Flintlock tech reqs for Cavalry should be replaced with Cavalry Tactics to make it more in-line. Though why would Cavalry require Steam Power at all? That pushes them out kinda far.

EDIT: In my version I made Cavalry, Cossack, & Dragoon's require Cavalry Tactics & Rifling only. I will see how that goes.

Also, to not let a tech be findable in a goody hut you edit the Civ4TechInfos.xml and set:
<bGoodyTech>0</bGoodyTech>

I did this to Masonry and Literature. (If you move Islam to an earlier tech check it's goody flag also.)

EDIT2: I just noticed that v2.0 has Christianity founding back on Theology instead of Literature which you had set it to before, was this intentional?

Fundamentalism would probably be a good tech to attaching founding Islam to instead of Divine right. to make it earlier.

This might not matter but, when you zoom out in world builder and can filter resources by type: Food, Luxuries & General (strategic) I noticed the following.

Oil, Coal, & Salt are considered "food" (salt may be a mater of opinion, Id class it as general)

Whale, Gems, Gold, Silver, Dye, Fur, Ivory, Silk, & Incense are considered general instead of luxuries.

Founding Naugulism gives you the Hindi movie / pretty eye candy cutscene

Maybe in a round about tech advancement type of way, but unlikely. I suppose the Stirrup & Flintlock tech reqs for Cavalry should be replaced with Cavalry Tactics to make it more in-line. Though why would Cavalry require Steam Power at all? That pushes them out kinda far.

EDIT: In my version I made Cavalry, Cossack, & Dragoon's require Cavalry Tactics & Rifling only. I will see how that goes.

Also, to not let a tech be findable in a goody hut you edit the Civ4TechInfos.xml and set:
<bGoodyTech>0</bGoodyTech>

I did this to Masonry and Literature. (If you move Islam to an earlier tech check it's goody flag also.)

EDIT2: I just noticed that v2.0 has Christianity founding back on Theology instead of Literature which you had set it to before, was this intentional?

Fundamentalism would probably be a good tech to attaching founding Islam to instead of Divine right. to make it earlier.
Been thinking about the cavalry thing - not sure yet if I should change it, as it is now (maybe wasn't intentional but..) it gives more choices for player when advancing in techs - though I do think that Cavalry needs to have Cavalry tactics as requirement.. so not sure what to decide to do with it :D

I had changed some goody techs long time ago but that didn't cross my mind when I was adding new religions. Now the question is that should I really make change for Masonry - I mean, why can't some barbarian tribe come up with the idea of sun god and they share their ideas when you visit their village with your scout? It's not big chance to get exactly Masonry from goody hut so it could be also nice little random factor with religions. :)

Christianity was changed back to Theology. I had Limited Religions in test versions and was suppose to limit holy city number per player to 1 but wasn't working. With it player could have found only one religion so I had moved Christianity. After I had disabled Limited Religions and did my test game, all religions seemed to spread out more among the civs anyway so I left Christianity to stay in Theology tech. It can be changed if I get enough reports from people that they're finding too many religions... ;)

I've been toying with the idea of finding religions with Great Prophets...

This might not matter but, when you zoom out in world builder and can filter resources by type: Food, Luxuries & General (strategic) I noticed the following.

Oil, Coal, & Salt are considered "food" (salt may be a mater of opinion, Id class it as general)

Whale, Gems, Gold, Silver, Dye, Fur, Ivory, Silk, & Incense are considered general instead of luxuries.
That's odd. Have to test this myself and see if I can find what might cause this.

Founding Naugulism gives you the Hindi movie / pretty eye candy cutscene
New religion have wrong movies as there's no new movies available for these and if I set movie to NONE it causes game to CTD when you find religion. So we're stuck with wrong movies now.

CTD problem.

Mod loads fine. Can select custom games, scenarios, play now, etc.

But when I go to start the game, instead of the usual loading screen ("initializing, starting players, starting map, etc.") it just CTD.

RoM 1 always worked fine. Btw, love your work, I look forward to playing with all your improvements.

Is the 28 Civ earth map supposed to end so early? (750 AD I think)

CTD problem.

Mod loads fine. Can select custom games, scenarios, play now, etc.

But when I go to start the game, instead of the usual loading screen ("initializing, starting players, starting map, etc.") it just CTD.

RoM 1 always worked fine. Btw, love your work, I look forward to playing with all your improvements.
Could you provide some more info? Like what windows, language, BtS or Complete edition, is BtS updated to 3.13 etc.? Can you start custom game or custom scenario? Did you have RoM 1.03 installed and didn't rename its folder / deleted it before installing RoM 2.0? Just need bit more specific info so I can track it down more easily.

Is the 28 Civ earth map supposed to end so early? (750 AD I think)
No, just noticed myself that my map scenario has few little bugs.. Seems BtS saved some extra info to map file that wasn't suppose to go there when I was modifying those new resources and Civ start locations. I need to clean it up again. Also Maya civ is kind of stuck in its position at the moment as there's no route from south america to north america so I have to fix this too.

It takes A LOT longer to load up the tech screen (F6) than it did in v1. I know you added some stuff, but that may not explain the significantly longer wait. Perhaps there's an unintentional side effect somewhere or perhaps you have hit some internal buffer or whatever forcing the game engine to go into overload. I know that's not helpful, but perhaps it triggers something in the back of your head.

The really annoying thing is that the game does not store the info, it recalculates it every time I hit F6. This could be a gamekiller for this version of RoM on my machine.

Could you provide some more info? Like what windows, language, BtS or Complete edition, is BtS updated to 3.13 etc.? Can you start custom game or custom scenario? Did you have RoM 1.03 installed and didn't rename its folder / deleted it before installing RoM 2.0? Just need bit more specific info so I can track it down more easily.

Windows XP. English. BtS. I thought I was fully updated on the patches, before I installed RoM 1.X , has there been a new one in the last few months?

I can select custom games and scenarios, but they don't start.

I renamed RoM 1 as per instructions, that didn't work, so I deleted it just in case. Still didn't work.

Windows XP. English. BtS. I thought I was fully updated on the patches, before I installed RoM 1.X , has there been a new one in the last few months?

I can select custom games and scenarios, but they don't start.

I renamed RoM 1 as per instructions, that didn't work, so I deleted it just in case. Still didn't work.
Thanks for info. Last BtS patch is 3.13 so if you had RoM 1.x working so should RoM 2.0 work. Puzzling bug.. can't think of any reason why it crashes in main menus..

Thanks for info. Last BtS patch is 3.13 so if you had RoM 1.x working so should RoM 2.0 work. Puzzling bug.. can't think of any reason why it crashes in main menus..

Alright, turns out I was running RoM 0.8, with the RoM patch 0.9.4

I'm no longer sure I've installed the 3.13 patch. I'll install and check that first.

Attach are some minor file changes that fixes a few bugs and adds
this small mod:

Ice Breaker Mod

Changes: Masonry & Literature can no longer be popped from a goody hut.
Christianity founded back on Literature.
Islam founded at Fundamentalism.
Cavalry/Cossock/Dragoons require Cavalry Tactics & Rifling.
Explore Temple build action will now also remove forest.
(normally they only appear on jungle, but sometimes you get one within the city radius of a "jungle" civ starting position, which swaps jungle for forest.)
Improvements can now be built on Oasis.

The Ice Breaker Mod
(the original version wasn't working for me so I had to fix it)
Sea Ice will grow and disappear randomly, (10% chance, slower than forest growth which is at 16).
Sea Ice provides fresh water.
Work boats can now enter sea ice upon obtaining combustion
Work boats can remove ice. default 5 turns (half the original time value of the mod)

There is an odd bug I found, but it sems avoidable.
If you artificially give yourself Astronomy and Combustion (in order to test the work boats) before researching them normally, the next time you research an old tech (relative to Astronomy/Combustion) the game freezes.

Everything worked ok, however when I game myself all techs by era through Renaissance then normally researched Industrial techs through to combustion.

Attachments

• RoM_bugFixes_IceBreaker.zip
    110.8 KB · Views: 366
Gee, that was really fast, 0100010!

That Icebreaker-feature you added also seems to make a lot of sense. I guess it is a fine addition.

Is there any chance that Zappara would like to include it in the official pathces as they start popping up? :)

And the most important thing: Many, many, many dear and heartfelt thanks to Zappara for making this brilliant mod available! :worship:

:clap::clap::thanx::beer::clap::clap:

@SomethingWitty

On exactly which screen it crashes? Map selection, Civ page etc? By the way, what map type are you using?

I can select any type of map, and type of Civ.

When I click on "launch" the menus disappear (which they're supposed to do anyway) and I see the background picture of the earth with the sun rising over it. That freezes in place for two, maybe three second. Then CTD.

Any other mod or vanilla BTS, I hit launch and see the little window that reads "initializing," "starting map," "starting players, etc."

That window doesn't pop up at all.

Have you tried reducing your graphics settings under options? I had this happen once with RoM2.002beta after adding that patch. I reduced from high to medium and have had no problem since.

Had a windows error msg also, "Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your Graphics settings. File:\main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9RenderedTextureData.cpp, Line:177"

Rom1.03 runs fine too.

I'm running an ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics card with shader2.0 and 256mb ram. Win XP Pro SP2 with a 2.4ghz PIV and 1 gig DDR 400mhz ram. CPU is almost 5 years old now.

JosEPh

Top Bottom