• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Suggestion Box — Concepts

tyrantpimp said:
Maybe it could be immortal as long as its resting place was not destroyed, give it an escape spell so that it can return home when its tomb is endangered. In a sense immortal but still bound.

Few upgrades that might be fitting
hideous thoughts, fear, and perhaps when it gifts vampirism give the victem a slight xp boost

Sounds good, I like this and QES's ideas:

Vampire Lord (replaces Immortal)
Minimum Level 12
Strengh 14 (instead of 12)
Starts with the Vampire and Immortal promotion
Is an Immortal class unit (will regain immortality each turn)
Can learn up to rank 3 death and body Sorcery magic (normal vampire can only learn to rank 2)
Can learn up to rank 3 death summoning magic (can summon nightmares and wraiths)
Can learn up to rank 3 mind sorcery magic

Now I just need some art.

Out of curiosity, how would you go about giving him access to Summoning spells for one of his spheres, but not for all of them?

The way it's set up now, it doesn't look like it's possible. Am I missing something?

Grillick said:
Out of curiosity, how would you go about giving him access to Summoning spells for one of his spheres, but not for all of them?

The way it's set up now, it doesn't look like it's possible. Am I missing something?

There is no such thing as Body or Mind summons, they are "inner" spheres.

You are correct, if Body or Mind summons did exist, there is no way to currently block a caster from accessing them if he has summoning and the appropriate rank in that sphere.

I suppose the feedback thread is pointless now "/... oh well :)

Checked in Vampire Lords, they will be in 0.15 tomorrow.

I love to explore :D and usually limit the number of civilizations in my games to 6-8 on a huge map. This also allows plenty of places for Acheron and Orthus to hide. Has any thought been given to having a map size larger than huge or perhaps having layers (caves or something) which would allow for further exploration and experience. Is this what Hell is to be?

Another suggestion; instead of having units stop accumulating experience at 100 have it continue as follows: after attaining 101 pts (Lvl 10 I believe) halve the points received from barbarian conflict for attaining LvL 11; then received 1/3 points for Lvl 12, then 1/4, 1/5, etc. Going to war to gain levels seems wrong and that fighting of any kind should be rewarded albeit minimally. If you wish they not get Lvl 10 easily then start this process at Lvl 9.

I'am a big fan of WOG (the extention of HOMM3) , what about about sea chest and float sam ,that worked like goody huts ?

you can find them only into ocean , or around small island . the sea chest can grant you tech ,gold or XP , and the float sam XP or an unit if the boat have the capacity to carry the unit .

Kael, for those of us who miss a good "fort"... what is the feasability of having something impacting the base terrain rather than acting as an improvement? (as mentioned in the fortress thread...)

A good thing should be a better use of ressources.
While I completed ressources part of the Wiki, I see some ressources over used (iron allow creation of a terrific number of unit) and other totaly unused, like bananas and whale.
Of course, bananas can't be used to train soldiers (except maybe monkey:lol: ), but they can be used like corn or wheat, which are useful with granary and brewery.

Damn, I want to write something with arguments, but I don't have access to wiki at office... well, I got some draft ideas anyway.

The goal is to made useless ressources being useful, not as iron or mana, but more useful than they are now.

The fundation of my ideas is buildings giving little bonus if ressources is present, just like the Kuriotate's jeweler (in fact, lesser bonus, this building is a bit powerful). And to prevent cumulative bonus due to a great number of buildings, we can have civilisation specifics buildings.
For example, a "cold butcher" for Doviello and others cold civs, where whale, fur and deer give a little health bonus, a "desert market" where trading elephants and incense give some gold, a "luxury market" where wine, gold or pearls give some happyness, etc.
Or to be more vicious, all the ressources can be required before giving the building bonus. So if you have only 2/3, you just have basic ressource bonus.

An other idea is about temple. I see that temple use incense to give happyness, except The Veil which need reagents, et Kilmorph with gems. Why not requiring whales for the Overlords (they love big sea beast, isn't it ?) and wine for Order (yes, catholic inspiration :D), so incense is just for the Leaves. And if you have a multi religious city, you need multi ressources.

Well, it's a bit difficult to write something clean and balanced without documentation, so I'll write it tonight.

I have a little suggestion about buildings like the dungeon and such. I always imagine those things as being instruments of enforcing order, at the cost of happiness.

In this light, your reasoning that dungeons reduce war weariness but cause unhappiness makes sense I suppose.

The problem lies in the fact that civ equates happiness and public order: unhappiness means: disorder.
Your default answer would be that the dungeon only causes one or two unhappiness and that the unhappiness from such a building on its own would hardly cause a riot. However, since civ lets people be unhappy by default, this doesn't apply. Any building producing unhappiness doesn't add a straw, it adds a final straw.
But it misses an even more important point: some buildings are meant to impose order, by force, not to disturb it. The jail in vanilla civ is like this, and the dungeon should be too. It should create a false kind of happiness in the true sense, but one true enough in the 'keeping the order' sense.

Just think, in a state like Cuba, few people will go on the streets protesting that a oppressive government is making them unhappy. People are not in fact really happy, but for all purposes and mechanics, they are. If they are not, they disappear in the dungeon :)

So, to put it all clearly: a dungeon is to reduce unhappiness by a) taking steps against crime and b) oppressing unwanted (unhappy) elements in a city, and not only during wartime.

Now, because you or somebody will probably argue that people can be pushed beyond descency and will revolt, this is most certainly true. However, I think this kind of think should be in the realm of civics, or in tandem with the civics.

Example: liberal civics -> people will be just unhappy as dungeons are not supposed to be used
oppressive civics -> people will be 'happy' with oppressive buildings like the dungeon.

So, to conclude, dungeons shouldn't just make people unhappy, it should make people unhappy or happy based on the civics you use. A torture prison in a dictatorship may be effective, a torture prison in a liberal democracy will cuase a riot.

Just a suggestion

:goodjob:

Nice writeup. Your logic makes perfect sense, but I guess gameplay concerns outweigh all else. That said, perhaps the dungeon (and maybe similar buildings) could be happiness-neutral, but some civics increase their happy value while others add an unhappy value?

Hei.
This is my first time in civ4 forum and the only reason I'm here is because of your mod Kael and co. I'm a girl inlove in your mod, FFH;) well.. to come to the point. I've played since the begining and many things have happend since then.
I have an ide about a plague. I don't know if anybody else sugested this so:
What if unhealth in city after 20 rounds gives 10% chance to get a plague every round until you clear you city for unhealth. If the city gets plague you have to destroy road connections or there will be chance of spreading the plague in to the other cities.
Well, and what happeds if the city is infected with plague: you loose 4 population and city dosn't grow until it's cleared of palgue. Also you are not alowed to transport unites from plagued city or you will spread it.

Make a graveyard or a monument or something where great battles have been. Might spawn undead, or something.

Make the scouted map disappears after a while until you have discovered writing and map making (a tile in the edge of the know word will become black after a while if none of your units has scouted it in a while). This will make scouting better in late games.

Morticia said:
Hei.
This is my first time in civ4 forum and the only reason I'm here is because of your mod Kael and co. I'm a girl inlove in your mod, FFH;) well.. to come to the point. I've played since the begining and many things have happend since then.
I have an ide about a plague. I don't know if anybody else sugested this so:
What if unhealth in city after 20 rounds gives 10% chance to get a plague every round until you clear you city for unhealth. If the city gets plague you have to destroy road connections or there will be chance of spreading the plague in to the other cities.
Well, and what happeds if the city is infected with plague: you loose 4 population and city dosn't grow until it's cleared of palgue. Also you are not alowed to transport unites from plagued city or you will spread it.
could also make the plague spread to units created or stationed in plagued cities (mechanic for plagued units already exists so that part would be easily added)

Top Bottom