Apache AH-64D

BoneDoc

Chieftain
I finished my apache unit. Thanks to papajohns for starting the artwork. :goodjob:

My first unit--hope you guys like it. :rolleyes:

There are 2 files total:

Attachments

• apache1of2.zip
    243.9 KB · Views: 2,830
And file 2:;)

Attachments

• apache.gif
    apache.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 5,881
Thanks for that! I was looking for an attack copter, as apposed to one uses soley for transportation.

im curious, exactly how would you implement such a unit. what attributes seperate it from a pthe other air/ground units?

im just wondering because I really like the idea.

m

Personally, i use it as a ground unit with a movement of 3 and treat all terrain as roads. I gave it radar and bombard with a range of one. Also gave it blitz and anphibious assault.

I use it as highly mobile artillery to kill tanks late it the game. :D

I carry one on the back of Dark Sheer's Modern Frigate (which I use for transport)--after all, the graphic does have a helipad on it ;) .

this shud be unique to america, hind graphics shud be russian, and attack chopper by blue/o shud be for the rest :goodjob:

Bravo! Bravo Papajohns.

Good animations Bonedoc.

Finally a good Attack Helicopter with a realistic looking death animation!

BoneDoc, I got a question. Why did you say your unit on the first post? Why didn't you name PapaJohns as a creator since he built the original default?

I didn't mean to take any credit from papajohns...
I just meant that this is my first attempt at working on a unit :)

Papajohns deserves a lot of credit for the base artwork. I just added spinning rotors to the default, missiles to the attack, and an explosion to the death animation (plus some apache and hellfire sounds from the internet ;) ).

Sorry for any misunderstanding!

Hi! You have done a great unit with this AH-64D Longbow Apache. Now the concept of attack helicopter isn't a lack for Civ3. For the gameplay, I'm using the Apache as a ground unit, with movement of 2, attack of 16 and defense of 8 (remember that helicopters are very vulnerable against ground batteries and fighters).The unit abilities are ranged attack animation, blitz, all terrain as roads and radar. My question is: What stats do you use for this superb unit?:goodjob:
And I have a problem...I'm new at downloading unit files, and I have problems putting the units_32 pic on the Civ3 units_32. What program do you use for do that?

Thanks for having created the Apache helicopter. Now I can have a proper helicopter gun-ship in my games, unlike CIV II where the gunship is a little unrealistic. I was pointed this way by Dark Sheers.

Thanx for the AH64, looks great.

How about a MI26 Hind, or an Eurocopter:p

KA-Succom is a cool Russian copter too.

Thanx UnscratchedFoot...

I thought I saw a Hind in these forums, but looked eveywhere and didn't find it..:goodjob:

Top Bottom