UNIT: Phyter (scout)

Mawfia1

Chieftain
Hello fellow posters well...I tried to find the best sounds I could for this unit...but other than that it is finished.

If you find anything you think should be changed just let me know.

Oh yeah sorry about not finishing the futuristic APC. Since someone has already made one, I could start working on the classic Battlemech unit here or just finish the APC...give me you suggestions. Actually, I had kinda lost interest in the unit because I think I may have found something that looks a little better (ill post some picks later today).

There are two parts to download (Phyter1 and Phyter2).

Attachments

• phyter1.zip
    298.6 KB · Views: 555
Oh yeah cant forget all those who helped including the original designers, Sierra Studios for their game Homeworld. And besides that I got the sound files from Winter!

Much thanks.

You're converting units from Tiberian Sun? Very cool! I've thought about converting units fromthe original command and conquer but I have no idea how to use that flicster program. Anyway I love this unit.:goodjob:

This particular unit actually isn't from Tiberian Sun, just the last 3 units on his website.

Mawfia1 said:
Oh yeah cant forget all those who helped including the original designers, Sierra Studios for their game Homeworld. And besides that I got the sound files from Winter!

Much thanks.

Giao-long said:
this is from homeworld i think, any chance you can get more from tha game?

We knew this well over 2 years ago :p

good god, that post was Bad Form, Giao-long ... If you'd done it exactly one week earlier, you could've celebrated this thread's TWO YEAR anniversary of inactivity.

haha well sry i get kinda slow at times, oh yeah another sry for the change in names

Sorry to reopen an old thread. Does anyone know if Mawfia1 is still making units? If he was able to convert this ship from Homeworld, I wonder if some of the others might be possible, especially the capital ships.

Camber said:
Sorry to reopen an old thread. Does anyone know if Mawfia1 is still making units? If he was able to convert this ship from Homeworld, I wonder if some of the others might be possible, especially the capital ships.

If you click on Mawfia's name you'll see his last o/l activity here was July 2004; I wouldn't count on him still being in the unit making business.

-Oz

Hey whats up eveyone. I graduated from UT last week. I can say from personal experience that finding time for hobbies as well as for classwork in EE is very difficult. I ship off for the USMC June 5, so the likelyhood that I will get back in to converting units is very slim. At least until I finish TBS. I have been doing some modelling with Lightwave but time has been very short for me in that regard. Well eventually Ill get back into but for now it's all about the Corps.

Hey Mawfia1,
You've been working in Lightwave? I just got a copy (8.3). So far it's all a confusing mess to me. I suspect that this will improve as I get through a couple of tutorials.
You'll be quite busy for quite some time in boot camp, etc. Don't even think about getting any unit work done before shipping out.
A couple of tips (ex-marine to future marine)
Do not cut your hair before going in. The DI's enjoy seeing a full mane of hair hit the deck, and take note of anyone that denies them this pleasure.
Get plenty of sleep before you get on the plane. You can count on some intense sleep deprevation once you land.
With only 2 weeks to go, not much chance of getting in better shape. So best bet is to stay sober and get plenty of rest. I hope you don't smoke. If you do, stop now. Get off sugar and caffeine now, since you won't get either for a long time.

Thank you for your service to your country.

Semper Fi.

Thanks, did you go through ROTC, PLC, recruit training, or academy? I was suppose to go to juniors and seniors through PLC, but i ended up waiting until after gradauation.

As a foreign national (norwegian citizen), I was not offered a commission until I had already served a little over 2 years. I turned down the commission. I remained an enlisted man for my entire tour and my two (at the needs of the service) extensions.
The apex of my career was "platoon sargent" (acting company 1st sgt, but too low in rank to make it official).
I had made up my mind before I joined that I was going to pay the price of my and my families freedom with my service, but I was not interested in making 20+yrs. If I had accepted the commission, I would have been obligated for an additional 6 years on top of the original 8. 14 years was more then I was interested in giving. They later talked to me about a warrent instead, but when I asked about the extension of my obligated service I was told it would be similar.

Top Bottom