New Flag for a New Nation?

Cyc

Looking for the door...
We haven't discussed a new flag for our new Nation yet (if we have, I missed it and apologize). I would like to propose an idea of using the in-game Army flag (shown below) with the in-game Germanic color of blue (a close resemblaence also shown below). If one of our graphics-design-capable people could design a flag using the solid blue cross over a white "X" (without the block style) on a solid blue background, I would appreciate it. I thought about using this idea for the last game, but never got around to it.

This thread is for all proposed ideas for a new flag and discussions thereof.

Cyc, just FYI, a Blue flag with an X through it is essentially the Scottish Flag, That's how they got the current British Flag. A mixture of the Red Cross with White Background (English Flag) and the Scottish Flag.

However, it would make sence with the Army units, but wouldn't be creative or Germanic since in essence it would be Scottish.

Perfect i think. This looks almost like the german war-flag in former days. Just in blue.
The cross represents the belief in the one, which will be the middle of the universe (cross). Our nation is with the one, so we are in the middle of all being and reach our arms out to govern all of it.

Sound good to me.

Originally posted by disorganizer
The cross represents the belief in the one, which will be the middle of the universe (cross). Our nation is with the one, so we are in the middle of all being and reach our arms out to govern all of it.
It's the second game though. What if there's no One there? What if there are Two there?

Well, we would need two crosses. But i still trust in "the one" being in all games ;-P

You could also replace "the one" in my post with "our fine nation". FANATIKA in the middle of the known world, reaching out to the neigbors to soon govern all of the known and unknown world.

In response to Falcon02's reply, I've put together a comparision. The first flag is Scotland's flag:

The next one is a rough draft of what I mentioned earlier:

It's darker and kind of has an iron cross look to it. Kinda.

Anyway, does anyone else have a suggestion?

I could have sworn the Scottish Flag was a true Blue, like what you have for our flag. However, with the Cross, I kinda like it... but could we make it a different color? I'd suggest Red for the contrast if it weren't for the fact that it's too close to the British Flag then... How about a Black, or Yellow cross.

Originally posted by Shaitan

It's the second game though. What if there's no One there? What if there are Two there?

The One will always be there. Do not doubt...

Well, keep in mind all our Armies in the next game will be waving frekin' Scotish flags, OK? ;)

The black cross flag used as well as symbol on german war-parts (like tanks) and on a flag... i will try to find it somewhere.
If someone else does, please post so.

No complaints here about using the Scottish flag :D ;)

This the cross you're talking about, Dis? (on the side of this 'ere tank)

I think it might be a little too WWII for its own good...

Top Bottom