New Unit: British Type 42 Destroyer

Dragon King

The Dragon Clan
Whooohooo, i finally got this done, after about a month or so. My apologies to everyone who has been waiting for this unit, whenever i am almost done, there is always something that happens that delays me more. I have already started work on my next project, but for now its a secret...until i have a working default:) Well this is the updated version with clearer civ colours, as will show in the gif:

Attachments

• destroyerdefault3.gif
    destroyerdefault3.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 3,953
....and here is the zip file, enjoy!

Attachments

• type 42.zip
    200.3 KB · Views: 1,932
Very good ! There no many new naval modern units these days !

Originally posted by Architekt
Hey that look's good. Reminds me of icecream and boyscouts onboard HMS Coventry.

Kewl, i know i've been on one at Portsmouth but i can't remeber the name of the ship....had ice cream too. Alright, i'll tell you my next project, i've started work on a Russian carrier, the Moskva. Its a VTOL ship like the invincible, which could be used as the modern version of the carrier for the russians. Trouble is, its a cold war unit and i dont think they have anything left. They are either sold to other nations or driven up on a beach somewhre left to rust. This should be good through what i learnt making the type 42. I have only got one defualt frame done so far, but it looks sweet.

I'd like a british battleship, although we dont have any in rl...i could do one like the HMS Belfast, okay it would technically be out of place in the modern era, but hey....who says we cant use it in our games, cos unlike real life, battleships are still useful in the game.

You could always do a ship-of-the line,... or maybe the Victory,
with some pretty gold decorations and all those funky flags :D

I love your ships, bro, keep up the great work...
Make England proud!

Will do. At the moment i'm working on some russian ships as you know. However i still plan to do a unique British asault ship (HMS Ocean) maybe the battleship HMS Belfast, a frigate.....and i would like to have a go at a submarine, a SSBN and a SSN, but they were hard!

I'm interested in doing a few units too but I'm terrible at all the aspects (animation, models, etc...). But I figured I'd give it a go. I did some model searching since I know I cant make any. I have found a few ready made models in 3ds format, an Oscar class sub and a class IX Uboat. Let me know if you want either of them to use or look at. I'm gonna try and do the Panavia Tornado I found (finally). Maybe I'll get lucky and wont screw it up :)

Definately do the subs!!!! I'm always in search of kewl naval units, especially subs. Trouble is there is so many i want i can never find the time to make them all myself. Unfortunately i am no good with 3d unit creation...i do mine the cut and paste way, but you an find plenty of information in the tutorial forums. Just make sure you download flicster to make the units!

If you can post a example pic of them please do.

I think they would look very good in the game, (especially the sub ;)) If you need any help..remeber i am no good with 3d unit creation, just post your questions in the civ 3 creation and customisation nd there will be ppl who know about 3d unit creation who can help.

Top Bottom