2194 Days of War Gigamap Test

pap1723

Prince
Hello everyone,
I am getting ready to release my Gigamap version of 2194 Days of War and I am running a test over at Apolyton, but I would like to run a test here also.

Before anyone gets involved I have to warn you that the Scenario is huge, so it will be very time consuming turns.

Japan -
Germany - SAS
China -
America -
Britain - Voltar
Soviets - Pap

Well I played the old 2194 Gigamap files you had on na site awhile ago. The scenario seemed interesting so im in.

I'd like to play the British,

Welcome, SAS, I have also changed my team, I will now be controlling Mother Russia, right after I plan a coup to overthrow Stalin, wonder how he missed me with those purges...

Pap

I guess I'll take Japan like last time. :)

Alright, Darius you're in, it is also your turn over at Apolyton.

Darius, you can make your first turn whenever you want and that way we can continue on when we get 3 more people.

Pap

Yeah I started yesterday for that reason, but boy is it long. :crazyeye:

Too late for an atmospheric post, just the facts:

- Pearl Harbor, Mandalay, Dhaka, Calcutta, and Rangoon bombed empty.

- Darwin and Kharbarovsk burned to the ground.

- Vladivostok, Wuhan, Hohot, Taiyuan, Nanning, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Palembang, Manila, Guam, Wake Island, Rabaul, Ambon, and Surabaya all captured.

Before the report i have one comment and one question;

This is without doubt the BIGGETS and BEST scenario i have ever played. Pap, this is truly amazing :goodjob:

Second, i notice the land units are stackable, but the air units are not (over the sea). Is there a special reason for this? I think stackable air units would be better, but thats just my personal opinion. I fear the British Air Raids can be very costly if they is to loose a whole stack every time they make a raid on German Coastal cities.

And to the report;

*Kursk captured.
*Sevastopol captured.
*Kalinin captured.
*Kharkov captured after heavy attacks and heavy losses.

*Air Raid on Gibraltar, sinking a British Carrier.
*Massiv Naval/Air Raid on Malta, annihilating the British forces stationed there. The Island is now under German controll.
*Massive air raid on Plymouth, destroying all the British forces in the city.

Thats it...

This is without doubt the BIGGETS and BEST scenario i have ever played. Pap, this is truly amazing :goodjob:

I agree. :) I don't know why the interest in this has been relatively low.

Thanks a lot SAS and Darius, the reason land units are stackable and the sea units are not is because of fortresses. I had to put the fortresses on each square, and I just renamed them to Stackable.

I couldn't put them on the ocean, because it would work for all units but transports. When a transport was killed, it would leave whatever units it was carrying in the ocean sleeping, and I wanted to avoid that, but I wish it was possible to have them stackable also.

Also, all of the German units have their move points 1 less in the winter months. I did that to simulate the slowing German advance in Russia during the winter.

Does anyone have a world map that has just the white background and the black outlines of the countries?

I've been looking for one to use with this scenario, but I haven't been able to find one.

If anyone has one, please let me know.

Pap

Just PM Grothgar; I remember he posted somewhere that the way he makes his maps is by altering a black-and-white map with every modern country. He attached these maps when he talked about it, but I can't find where that was. :(

check the GNB3 PBEM! forum. Started by me. Grothgar posted his European and World maps there without colours.

Aha, that was it; I never would have looked there. :) Just click here for the map, Pap.

Ill play the Americans but only if Darius goes easy on me.

Not likely. :mischief: Only unconditional surrender will be accepted. :evil:

Since they're too big to attach, you can find the files and an update to them on this post.

Is someone playing China? Or is it USA turn? Should I play China until someone shows up?

Im confused:confused:

One of the three allied players usually plays out the Chinese turns. The U.S. would logically make sense since they play immediately after China and would keep the game quicker, but if you don't want to do it one of the others can. Really there isn't much to do as China, the only real reason to have a human do it is so that the AI doesn't shove a bunch of infantry out in the open. ;)

Top Bottom