Term 1 - Domestic Department: "Tile by tile"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
This is the domestic thread for DG3, term 1.

Domestic Leader: Chieftess
Domestic Deputy: Naervod
Chat Rep: Noldodan (Nolodan :p)

Offices of Domestic

Cartographic Office

Office of the Census and City Names

The census list will be updated sometime tomorrow, May 1st.

Office of Provincial Development: Tourism & Landmarks

Office of Provincial Devolopment: City Production and Development

There are currently no cities to assess.

Congratulations, Chieftess. You hold the same positions I held at the beginning of the first demogame. People complained I had too much power, so good luck. ;)

hehe. :mwaha: Well, I was president and domestic deputy during term two, and acting domestic leader half that time while a new leader was being voted on. :D

Here are the possible locations that I think would benifit us most, along with our current location:

I would go for the red spot. Our city would be hit hard by the desert spots and we could not afford that in this stage and later on in the early game. Also, we can also use our worker to connect to the wines or build a city on a better location.

Our current location is fine. We have fresh water and wines. Remember that we won't get over 12 tiles used until well into the industrial age. A turn's difference is important right now and there's no great benefit to moving from where we are.

We are currently making 5gpt at a 10% science rate with Bronze working in 27 turns, but we can bring Science all the way up to 100%, break even, and get Bronze Working in 16 turns. An 11 turn difference. Or we can bring it up to 90%, get 1gpt, and get Bronze working in 19 turns.

I ask that you think about doing either of these.

I could agree with either. We need to do our own research at least until we meet another civ and bronze & iron are critical enough that we should put serious effort into them.

We are commercial too, so the extra bit of commerce and less corruption will help too. I'll see about raising it.

I like the option of raising the rate to 90% as we should have at least some source of revenue, but I wouldn't mind it at 100%

There was overwhelming support for the SW location. As the troops explore that region, we can refine the location further.

I'd like to announce that the overwhelming support for our SW city resulted in exploring and discovering some nice terrain. A new thread will be posted on this.

I'm partial to any of those spots, although I like the blue spot best because it gives a great mix of terrain.

Our settler is two tiles from the overwhelming favorite for location. There is a barb 3 tiles from the current position of the settler. There will be a warrior produced in Noshuret in 2 turns. How would you like the movement coordinated?

My recomendation is to detach the Noshuret garrison immediately, join up with the settler and then proceed to founding the second city. The garrison will be replenished in 2 turns. This will delay founding the city by 2 turns (the settler is 2 turns from Noshuret). If we wait for the new warrior to be produced we will delay founding for 4 turns.

There is no danger in vacating the capital now as it will be regarissoned in 2 turns and we have more than a 2 turn view of territory with no hostiles present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom