do you change any advanced settings for your games?

I always disable Ancient Ruins and the Time Victory, sometimes shutting off the Diplo victory as well. On occasion, I'll turn on Allow Social Policy Saving, and I'll enable Quick Combat towards the end of the game to reduce lag.
Otherwise, I usually play with the default resource settings, though I do almost always add in extra Civs and drop back the number of City-States on the map.

I'm not working on a bigger world wide stage in a very short time...
Hemispheres (because water maps are tedious!), Quick Speed, Prince, 22 civs (all of them!), 41 CS (all of them!) Huge map (because having 22 civs and 41 CS on a dual water map is a disaster)!

Quick Combat (always)
Quick Movement (generally)
Policy Saving (generally)

I mess around with the rest periodically to mix things up, but those above are checked almost every game. No ruins, no barbs, raging barbs get a try a fair bit. I like to drop 2 Civs from the map when I want to focus on empire building, add 2 civs when I want to go a-conquerin'. Sometimes I add extra city states, or remove them entirely.

I almost always put on Random personalities, disabled start bias, policy saving, promotion saving, time victory off, random seed and sometimes less CSs.

I like being random.

Quick combat and movement, time victory off, and save policies and promotions.

Now that I think about it I don't think I've played a V game without turning off at least the movement and fighting animations.

I've recently tried sparse resources on the Sandstorm map.

It's not as bad as I'd anticipated. Oil for instance is actually a commodity. I'm fighting wars to get aluminum. Seems to force action in some instances.

I'm addicted to Legendary Start.

I also always enable policy and promotion saving, quick combat and movement. Sometimes low sea level for more room.

I usually do:
Complete kills
Raging barbarians
High sea level with hemispheres or Low sea level with archipelago
Abundant resources
No time victory

I also like to choose my opponents.

I always turn on social policy saving, and promotion saving. Also, time victory is always off. Occasionally I'll do complete kills; it's funny when you've conquered a city state, but because they have a gatling gun wandering about on the island they were formerly on they still show up, can still be bribed, and still count towards the World's Congress.

Top Bottom