New info from the BNW pre-load (July 2nd 2013)

Hey, first post ^^
Just wanted to ask. So is Ethiopia a full Civ for MP or just in the scenarios? o.O
Because that would be awesome if we got a 10th civ :D

It looks like Ethiopia is fully added to the expansion. Surprisingly because it wasn't announced anywhere. Heck, we didn't even know Ethiopia would be in the SfA scenario until something like last week?

Ethiopia is fully in the game. All the files are there and it's been added to all the expansion XML's.

It looks like Ethiopia is fully added to the expansion. Surprisingly because it wasn't announced anywhere. Heck, we didn't even know Ethiopia would be in the SfA scenario until something like last week?

I'm surprised they never announced them. However, once they were announced for the scenario, I kind of figured they would be in the main game, since that's what they did with Spain last time.

thats great stuff, thanks for the digging. is there any info on the conquest of the new world deluxe scenario?

I couldn't find anything and that's strange because updates to preexisting stuff like previous expansions and DLC are in their own directories separated from everything else. There is a directory (inside of Expansion2) for the DLC of Spain and Inca, but there isn't anything that changes the scenario.

Also in the scenario directory of the expansion itself there's only scramble of Africa and Civil war.

As a side note what exactly from G&K isn't included in BnW at this point apart from 8 civs?
Religions and spies are there too.

I would assume the scenarios are not included from G&K.

Can you add the details of Ethiopia? Leader, UA/B/U, ... to the OP?

And what's to say this isn't part of prep for DLC post BNW?

Ethiopia is unchanged from G&K.

Wow, awesome data! I am curious about some things:

1. Did we get confirmation on which French UU is in the game?

2. Does "adjacent to the resource" mean on the same hex or the adjacent hex? (Chateau)

3. Do we know if the Chateau's culture is turned into Tourism by hotels, etc?

4. Any data on the new barbarian units?

2. Does "adjacent to the resource" mean on the same hex or the adjacent hex? (Chateau)

1. Assume them to be the musketeers since the foreign legion was already confirmed to have been removed from France.
2. I expect them to be adjacent, so you could build 4 chateaus around a resource.

I don't know the others.

1) France gets double the amount of "theming bonuses" from great works. Basically depending on the buildings you get a bonus of tourism if the great works inside are placed with specific combinations. For example you get a bonus for artifacts that come from the same era and so on.

2) I guess it works the same as the GG culture bomb. One side of the hex must be in common with the hex that contains a luxury. It's hard to tell with certainty from the xml though.

3) Yes the Hotel's description specifically includes chateau. Only 50% of culture is converted in any case.

4) Barbarians gets two new units. One is the Axeman, a chariot replacement (upgrades to knight) that otherwise works exactly like an archer. It has 2 movements, 9 strength (both defense and ranged). The other is the horseman, which as far as I can tell is exactly as a regular horseman (beware workers!)

Well think about it as the number five on a cube, with the middle dot being the luxury resource.

You can't do crosses with hexes.

The luxury resource hex is adjacent to 6 hexes around it. Since you cannot build a chateau on a hex that is already adjacent to another chateau hex, then I also agree that only 3 chateaus can be built around a luxury resource.

Well think about it as the number five on a cube, with the middle dot being the luxury resource.

I don't understand what you mean.

The luxury hex is immediately surrounded with 6 other hexes (let's name them 1,2,3,4,5,6). Chateaus have to be on those. Since they can't be adjacent to one another, if we put a Chateau on, say, 1, then 2 and 6 are unavailable. We can put two more Chateaus on 3 and 5, for a total of three Chateaus.

I don't understand what you mean.

The luxury hex is immediately surrounded with 6 other hexes (let's name them 1,2,3,4,5,6). Chateaus have to be on those. Since they can't be adjacent to one another, if we put a Chateau on, say, 1, then 2 and 6 are unavailable. We can put two more Chateaus on 3 and 5, for a total of three Chateaus.

To illustrate:

Also, this is only one luxury - if you have a pack of them, then they start getting into one another's space and you can't build as many Chateaux...

Commerce
Entrepreneurship: Great Merchants are earned 25% faster.
Wagon Trains: +2 Gold from all your land trade routes.
Trade Unions: Maintenance paid on Roads and Railroads reduced by 50%.

Hah, should be increased maintenance.

Top Bottom