New info from the BNW pre-load (July 2nd 2013)

Can somebody compare the HandicapInfos file contents with the old one, specifically to see the changes in AI happiness bonuses, for us the pre-orderers that have been discriminated by Steam to NOT receive the pre-load?

Thanks.

Banking, Engineering and Railroad give +1 international trade route.

Combustion, not sure, still digging.

cool, so the 'non venetian' possible trade routes is up to 10 (8 available to all civs, 2 more with wonders)

Sailing*
Animal Husbandry*
Engineering
Compass*
Banking
Biology*
Railroad
Penicillin*

Petra
Colossus

*seen before unless changed

Can somebody compare the HandicapInfos file contents with the old one, specifically to see the changes in AI happiness bonuses, for us the pre-orderers that have been discriminated by Steam to NOT receive the pre-load?

Thanks.

And in a related note, any evidence for the penalties for 'regular unhappy' (as opposed to the already known ones for 'very unhappy' of 0% growth, and -2% Combat, Production, Gold per unhappy)

Thanks.

King
<AIUnhappinessPercent>100
was
<AIUnhappinessPercent>90

Emperor
<AIUnhappinessPercent>90
was
<AIUnhappinessPercent>85

Immortal
<AIUnhappinessPercent>85
was
<AIUnhappinessPercent>75

Deity
<AIUnhappinessPercent>75
was
<AIUnhappinessPercent>60

Other difficulties are set at 100 like before.

Combustion increases land trade range.

Regarding that Giskler, I just noticed it myself but those <!-- and --> at the start and end mean that the code is hidden.
The Motherland Calls wonder apparently was cancelled.

"Hidden" is not very good word here. For non-programmers, the code is inactive but was left in place in case they'll need it again, or just as a reference for modders.

Also, the Order ideology requirement clearly shows the role it was supposed to have. Just in case there was any doubt.

Hope they'll use it again in some future patch. It's a very beautiful and strong wonder.

Very interesting, so now King is (in some respects) a level playing field? Thats about the most difficult you can get it in the regular game before the AI spam starts to overpower some game mechanics, it'd be good to know that happiness would be level and strategic at that level.

Combustion increase land trade range.

So Rangewise (boosts so far)

Sea: Harbor, Compass*, Refrigeration*
Land: Caravansary, Refrigeration*, Combustion

*seen previously could be changed

Very interesting, so now King is (in some respects) a level playing field? Thats about the most difficult you can get it in the regular game before the AI spam starts to overpower some game mechanics, it'd be good to know that happiness would be level and strategic at that level.

On the other hand people that have tested the new patch reports the AI spamming more units and being smarter at using them.

On the other hand people that have tested the new patch reports the AI spamming more units and being smarter at using them.

King
was
<AIUnhappinessPercent>90

Emperor
<AIUnhappinessPercent>90
was
<AIUnhappinessPercent>85

Immortal
<AIUnhappinessPercent>85
was
<AIUnhappinessPercent>75

Deity
<AIUnhappinessPercent>75
was
<AIUnhappinessPercent>60

Those numbers are similar to before.

The 'problem' was that the AI bonuses were coming from Chieftain level (plavers bonuses at that level) which is actually listed in a different XML file.

that's not the case anymore.

I have looked around, but I can't find the new effect at Flight, maybe someone else knows where to look for it.

King
was
<AIUnhappinessPercent>90

Emperor
<AIUnhappinessPercent>90
was
<AIUnhappinessPercent>85

Immortal
<AIUnhappinessPercent>85
was
<AIUnhappinessPercent>75

Deity
<AIUnhappinessPercent>75
was
<AIUnhappinessPercent>60

Thanks, but more importantly: is default difficult for AI still Chieftain? Has the Happiness bonus for Chieftain (not the AI bonus, but the Happiness bonus) changed as well?

This is important because the overall happiness ratio for the AI is compound, and given by the product AIUnhappinessPercent (from your diff level) x UnhappinessMod (from Ai default level). For example, in an Emperor game with default AI playing at Chieftain, the AI will get:

Cities unhappiness = 0.60 x 0.85 ~ 0.51 (or half the unhappiness of the human Emperor level game)

Pop unhappiness = 0.60 x 0.85 ~ 0.51 (same as above)

Did they change this also? As far as I know, the only way to change it is to increase the default level of the AI (from Chieftain to a higher level, say Prince).

As you can see, the bonus is huge (most people think is it only that AIUnhappinessPercent, but is far worse).

Any insight?

I have looked around, but I can't find the new effect at Flight, maybe someone else knows where to look for it.

I think that may be the Chateau boost (I realized it after I'd asked) [since UI boosts are in the tech]

Thank you for clearing that up.

one other question, do the Pike, Lancer, or AT gun upgrade any differently?

Those numbers are similar to before.

The 'problem' was that the AI bonuses were coming from Chieftain level (plavers bonuses at that level) which is actually listed in a different XML file.

that's not the case anymore.

Exactly.

Can you elaborate on that? Why is that not the case anymore? Did they change the default diff level of the AI to Prince, or did they "unlink" the compounded ratios? How does it work now? What is the overall, total percentage now, the number that really affects the AI?

sice Venice has only one city on the city list, what can we expect from game with 2+ Venice civs in the game? just colour difference, or something like Venice I Venice II,..?

sice Venice has only one city on the city list, what can we expect from game with 2+ Venice civs in the game? just colour difference, or something like Venice I Venice II,..?

Same as The Huns - the first Venice has Venice, then they have Duck Valley, Ponta Delgada, Hit, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, and whatever else is in the bottom of other civilization's city-list! :crazyeye:

Why they couldn't give Venice 22 cities is beyond me - sure, you're not going to see them in usual circumstances, but things like this do happen, and it's an easy way to fool-proof it. Besides, people here managed to quickly and easily make a City-List for Venice, and the map shows they know Venice had more than one city, so there's really no reason not to...

I just got the wild idea of playing a game with two Venice's, one for me and one for the AI (plus some other civ's like Songhai and the Ottomans, as well as some CS's); re-naming mine "Genoa" and staging a war for control of Mediterranean trade on a Med map. Sounds like great scenario potential. Curious to see how it would work in game terms.

My city is in the Brazilian city list! :king:

It is the 34th one out of 35. For the win.

They seem to have picked modern and big cities for Brazil. I haven't seen Vila Rica (Ouro Preto) or Olinda in there, and those two were very important. Also, they decided to go with the name Florianopolis instead of Desterro for the 21st city. Interesting. Desterro changed its name because of the Federalist Revolt that happened at the beginning of the Old Republic. Anyway.

Top Bottom