Saibotlieh's Leaderhead Collection

No, beautiful awesome!

In fact I liked that model from the start, but I never knew to which historical leader I could convert her to. Put since there was a requests for a pirate leader in Melcher's threat I thought I could give it a shot.

Hope you like her.

I'm no threat.:cry:
:D

Anyway, nice Leaderhead. Good job!
Personally i would prefer a male pirate leader, but it's always good to have a choice.

melcher kürzer;10722840 said:
I'm no threat.:cry:
:D

Anyway, nice Leaderhead. Good job!
Personally i would prefer a male pirate leader, but it's always good to have a choice.
At least for hiding my incorrect spelling you are. ;)

Also, thanks. :)

Would anyone be so kind as to tell me where to place these files in my mod. I've tried a few places but none worked...:sad: and can someone tell me what modular means in the context of civ modding

Would anyone be so kind as to tell me where to place these files in my mod. I've tried a few places but none worked...:sad: and can someone tell me what modular means in the context of civ modding

Modular is one of the two ways you can mod in the XML, basically; the other type I just call the traditional method. You can read about modular loading here and learn how to use it: (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234970&highlight=modular). There are certain advantages and disadvantages to both the modular and traditional methods of XML, but generally most modders here will indicate if they're using modular.

If you want to add your own leaderhead, you can either do the modular method or the traditional method. More modders are doing modular these days, so you might try that, although some (like me) still stick to the traditional method. Again, either way should be fine. If you want to try the modular method, you can see the link above, or see the tutorial here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=372029&highlight=modular). If you want to do the traditional method, you can see the tutorial here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=278907&highlight=modular).

@SabiotLieh: I just wanted to congratulate on all the awesome stuff you've done so far, since I never commented in this thread before. I probably can't use a lot of your stuff, but it's still awesome by far! :D Way better than my stuff, at least. Anyhow, I was wondering out of curiosity if you were planning to do any male LHs in the near future.

Modular is one of the two ways you can mod in the XML, basically; the other type I just call the traditional method. You can read about modular loading here and learn how to use it: (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234970&highlight=modular). There are certain advantages and disadvantages to both the modular and traditional methods of XML, but generally most modders here will indicate if they're using modular.

If you want to add your own leaderhead, you can either do the modular method or the traditional method. More modders are doing modular these days, so you might try that, although some (like me) still stick to the traditional method. Again, either way should be fine. If you want to try the modular method, you can see the link above, or see the tutorial here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=372029&highlight=modular). If you want to do the traditional method, you can see the tutorial here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=278907&highlight=modular).

@SabiotLieh: I just wanted to congratulate on all the awesome stuff you've done so far, since I never commented in this thread before. I probably can't use a lot of your stuff, but it's still awesome by far! :D Way better than my stuff, at least. Anyhow, I was wondering out of curiosity if you were planning to do any male LHs in the near future.

Thanks. I don't want to create my own leaderheads, though. I just want to download a few from this thread and can't figure out where to put the files in my mod. Like, in the root directory of the mod, under assets...etc. It said it was already in the right structure to put in a mod but I'm a newb... If anyone is feeling so gracious, I'd love to know where to put the cleopatra leaderhead for example.

Thanks for telling me what modular meant.:)

Thanks for the praises and for answering the question as well. But don't forget that I'm using models from other games for the leaderheads, so I'll "just" have to convert them.

I'd say that the chances for male LHs are rather slim, the female models just attract me more. ;)
Thanks. I don't want to create my own leaderheads, though. I just want to download a few from this thread and can't figure out where to put the files in my mod. Like, in the root directory of the mod, under assets...etc. It said it was already in the right structure to put in a mod but I'm a newb... If anyone is feeling so gracious, I'd love to know where to put the cleopatra leaderhead for example.

Thanks for telling me what modular meant.:)
Since my leaderheads are all modular, it's rather easy to add them. Just copy the folder "Modules" into the "Assets" folder of your mod. Further you'll have to make sure that the modules are loaded. For this you'll have to check the configuration file of your mod, you can find that one directly in you mod's main folder, its named the same way as you mod. The first entry of that file must look like this:
Code:
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1
And that should be all there is to do. Just one warning, if you use different modular leaderheads that are associated to the same civilization, only one will show up. If you want to have both, you'll have to add each's entry in the "Leaderhead_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml" file to the other one's.

Thanks for the praises and for answering the question as well. But don't forget that I'm using models from other games for the leaderheads, so I'll "just" have to convert them.

I'd say that the chances for male LHs are rather slim, the female models just attract me more. ;)

Oh fine, be that way (I would too). ;)

when I try to extract the files for cleopatra to my Beyond the sword/ mods/ {my mod name} using winrar I end up with 42 errors and it aborts. I've never used winrar and I think i'm the problem. does anyone know what i'm doing wrong? ps I made my mod enable modular loading

when I try to extract the files for cleopatra to my Beyond the sword/ mods/ {my mod name} using winrar I end up with 42 errors and it aborts. I've never used winrar and I think i'm the problem. does anyone know what i'm doing wrong? ps I made my mod enable modular loading
Strange, I just downloaded the file and extracted it myself to check, but I had no problems at all. I'm also using winrar. Maybe you should try to extract it to an other place first. You won't get a working version that way anyway, since the file structure is made in a way that it works as a mod on its own.

Strange, I just downloaded the file and extracted it myself to check, but I had no problems at all. I'm also using winrar. Maybe you should try to extract it to an other place first. You won't get a working version that way anyway, since the file structure is made in a way that it works as a mod on its own.

I'm just an idiot.:lol: I give up:lol: Thanks for the help anyway guys. I'm sure it was solid advice.:goodjob:

@SabiotLieh: I guess this is sort of a request, but do you think there are any models there that look sort of like an African chieftess/queen/etc. that you can convert? I realized that CFC doesn't really have a lot (or any?) female African LHs other than Anima, who looks Middle Eastern, and the one for Nubia, which only works really for Nubia. I was thinking that a female African LH could work well for, say, Nzinga, for instance.

@SabiotLieh: I guess this is sort of a request, but do you think there are any models there that look sort of like an African chieftess/queen/etc. that you can convert? I realized that CFC doesn't really have a lot (or any?) female African LHs other than Anima, who looks Middle Eastern, and the one for Nubia, which only works really for Nubia. I was thinking that a female African LH could work well for, say, Nzinga, for instance.
I've looked a bit for a fitting model, but haven't found any. There are some black colored models, but no leaderhead-material.

I love the Jacquotte Delahaye LH! :goodjob: I plan on featuring her in the upcoming release of my Mod, as well as a pirate side project I've been working on. I have one question however - in the Leaderheadinfos xml for her, you include the lines:

Code:
			<UnitAIWeightModifiers>
				<UnitAIWeightModifier>
					<UnitAIType>UNITAI_PIRATE_SEA</UnitAIType>
					<iWeightModifier>100</iWeightModifier>
				</UnitAIWeightModifier>

I know this is related in the XML to the Privateer unit, however, I have never seen this AI applied to the AIWeightModifiers before. While I assume it is fine since I don't get any XML errors when loading the game, I am wondering how the AI performs with this? Will she just build a ton of Privateers? Will it focus so much upon pillaging and pirating that they will neglect their land armies? Just wondering if anyone had tested it out?

Thanks!

I've looked a bit for a fitting model, but haven't found any. There are some black colored models, but no leaderhead-material.

How unfortunate. :( Oh well. I might try re-skinning or giving a clothing change to one of your leaderheads or Melcher Kurzer's.

How unfortunate. :( Oh well. I might try re-skinning or giving a clothing change to one of your leaderheads or Melcher Kurzer's.
I'm looking forward to your results. :)
I love the Jacquotte Delahaye LH! :goodjob: I plan on featuring her in the upcoming release of my Mod, as well as a pirate side project I've been working on. I have one question however - in the Leaderheadinfos xml for her, you include the lines:

Code:
			<UnitAIWeightModifiers>
				<UnitAIWeightModifier>
					<UnitAIType>UNITAI_PIRATE_SEA</UnitAIType>
					<iWeightModifier>100</iWeightModifier>
				</UnitAIWeightModifier>

I know this is related in the XML to the Privateer unit, however, I have never seen this AI applied to the AIWeightModifiers before. While I assume it is fine since I don't get any XML errors when loading the game, I am wondering how the AI performs with this? Will she just build a ton of Privateers? Will it focus so much upon pillaging and pirating that they will neglect their land armies? Just wondering if anyone had tested it out?

Thanks!
Thanks, glad you like her. :)

I haven't tried it out yet, but I don't think that such extreme results are to be expected, it should only make her build some more privateers than the others do. After all, the other leaders don't neglect their other units either. Elizabeth, for example, has a "UNITAI_EXPLORE_SEA" entry, haven't seen her building only caravels yet.

I haven't tried it out yet, but I don't think that such extreme results are to be expected, it should only make her build some more privateers than the others do. After all, the other leaders don't neglect their other units either. Elizabeth, for example, has a "UNITAI_EXPLORE_SEA" entry, haven't seen her building only caravels yet.

Every time an AI goes to build a unit in a particular city, it looks at all the units it can build there, and assigns each one a numerical weight based on what it currently needs, how quickly it needs it, leader preferences, a random fudge factor, and some other things. You can look up the code that does this quite easily in the SDK.

The XML shown, 100, causes the weight value to be doubled (it means +100%) for any units with UNITAI_PIRATE_SEA set as one of their standard behaviors. In this case, yes, that means Privateers.

So basically Saibot is right - it will make the leader more likely to build those units - but it's a very complicated calculation. If Privateers are judged to be completely useless in the empire's current situation, doubling a very small weight value will still result in a very small weight value, and it will not likely be chosen over other units that can be built.

On the other hand, if it's a tough call between Privateers and several other options, doubling the weight will make it very likely to select them (the random fudge factor can still get in the way, but that's the only thing).

And every scenario in-between. So like I said, it's complicated. Civ4 does stuff like this in literally hundreds of different places in the SDK code, so if you ever see a decision an AI makes and figure not much thought went into it, or only one or two factors were probably considered, you'd be wrong. It's a thing of beauty if you ask me. :)

Every time an AI goes to build a unit in a particular city, it looks at all the units it can build there, and assigns each one a numerical weight based on what it currently needs, how quickly it needs it, leader preferences, a random fudge factor, and some other things. You can look up the code that does this quite easily in the SDK.

The XML shown, 100, causes the weight value to be doubled (it means +100%) for any units with UNITAI_PIRATE_SEA set as one of their standard behaviors. In this case, yes, that means Privateers.

So basically Saibot is right - it will make the leader more likely to build those units - but it's a very complicated calculation. If Privateers are judged to be completely useless in the empire's current situation, doubling a very small weight value will still result in a very small weight value, and it will not likely be chosen over other units that can be built.

On the other hand, if it's a tough call between Privateers and several other options, doubling the weight will make it very likely to select them (the random fudge factor can still get in the way, but that's the only thing).

And every scenario in-between. So like I said, it's complicated. Civ4 does stuff like this in literally hundreds of different places in the SDK code, so if you ever see a decision an AI makes and figure not much thought went into it, or only one or two factors were probably considered, you'd be wrong. It's a thing of beauty if you ask me. :)

Terrific explanation! Thanks!

Top Bottom