[MOD] Speed Mod

You might have brought me back to Civ4 Kael. :)

I'm gonna try a huge epic game with this, I've always wanted to play a really big long game, but the waiting times between turns really kills the game as have been said.

Thanks, I'll let ya know later how I like it. :)

Is it an actual MOD?

Well I guess it depends on what you consider a mod. Technically yes (you select "load a mod" to load it). But it doesn't change the way the game works at all, it only makes the game faster.

For the love of god integrate this into FFH. :) I am waiting over 1 minute per turn and I only have 3 cities. Although I am using the biggest map with the most AI possible. My system is 2.8Ghz with 2 GB ram but none of that seems to matter....

I mean I even play in windows mode now so I can go out and surf the internet for a minute or wven listen to audio books as I play. I've searched around for some tips but there seems to be nada for this.

FFH2 has a tone of python. If I'm correct that is where most of it's time is spent. And, well this MOD speeds the game up by removing the python calls.

FFH2 has a tone of python. If I'm correct that is where most of it's time is spent. And, well this MOD speeds the game up by removing the python calls.

Yeah. It will all be rewritten after we convert to the BtS code. Right now all major SDK work is waiting for that (I don't want to have to do it twice).

Ah, what a nice enchantment. I'd love to see this for vanilla, if you have the time.

What I would love would be a mod that allowed python callbacks to be explicitly enabled.

So before a given callback would be called, it would have to tell the DLL to call it. If left alone, it would be skipped.

That would give you 99% of the speedup effect, but allow all of the modability.

Yes, you MUST make one for BtS because mine is so slow in the late game (just downloaded though and haven't gotten to the late game with speed mod). Anyway, I have a question: What did you use to put the files into an exe and where can I get it?

BTS is probably going to be slower than 2.08 anyway,because of the emphasis on the late game, and they have mentioned 'more polished graphics'. So we will need speed mod for BTS - it's essential. Thanks Kael btw .

Let me get this straight: you can just implement this without problems in your mod if you haven't worked with Python (only with XML files). Right?

Yes, thats correct.

Yes, you MUST make one for BtS because mine is so slow in the late game (just downloaded though and haven't gotten to the late game with speed mod). Anyway, I have a question: What did you use to put the files into an exe and where can I get it?

If you want to mod the SDk yourself this thread should get you started: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=166933

I'm not sure you understood my question. I simply want to know of a program that will pack files into an exe file and install them to a location that I specify when I pack them into the exe. This has nothing to do with the SDK.
The reason I ask is because I am thinking of making a mod that does not change gameplay. I just want to put all of my custom graphics into a mod that I will call "Graphical Perfection". It baisically just includes several things that you could download separately from the database, and will only include lots of dds files and a few xml files (because you need to edit xml to get custom unit buttons to work, and I am using Exotic Foriegn Advisor).

But for the moment, I have a bigger problem. I was playing a game with the Speed Mod and the screen said "Washington has adopted Free Religion", but I did not recall seeing "Blahblah is the first to discover Liberalism". So I looked at exotic foreing advisor and it said that Washington had adopted Free Religion, but Liberalism was under the "Can Research" column. Is this a problem caused by Speed Mod or all my customasssets? Does it matter that I loaded the save from Windows (instead of Warlords) directly off my flash drive? :help:

Ah, sorry In understand your question better now. I use Nullsoft Install System (NSIS) http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page to create the exe.

I dont think Speed Mod changes the fact that civics have tech requirements. I'll check it out.

I don't know if this is a problem with speed-mod or just a fluke... but I gave the Ottomans military tradition last turn and they've pretty much been begging to have my children all game... (+20/-0 diplomacy) but defensive pact is in red with the message "We just don't like you enough"

Any ideas?

Top Bottom