Fastest Science Victory

Regardless of how good the map is, it still requires nearly perfect gameplay to win that fast, so hats off to you. :)

I think having 4-5 nice city spots is crucial for any approach that aims for sub-200, including the conquest-assisted one... You still need fast Education and good science coming out of your self-founded cities so that the science penalties from conquered cities don't slow you down too much. Korea can probably do well with 3 self-founded cities.

Yes, rolling a good enough map is very tedious. It doesn't have to be legendary or anything but there has to be several good city spots. Often there are just 2-3 good ones. Maybe its not as crucial with your strategy?

Here's a pic of my map, 4 good, solid spots and even a good spot for the expansion with 2 unique luxuries. Best GP map I have rolled (and I have rolled lots...)

Could you post a save? This map looks really strong.

Great game Babinski!:goodjob:

Now it's something really hard to beat!

I think I only saw one faster game in one of those deity challenges (Acken maybe?), but obviously not in HoF rules and probably on one of this ridiculously cooked map.

What SPs? I guess tradition, freedom; scholasticism or mercantylism? (or maybe both with Poland)

Do you have end game screenshot?

Great game Babinski!:goodjob:

Now it's something really hard to beat!

I think I only saw one faster game in one of those deity challenges (Acken maybe?), but obviously not in HoF rules and probably on one of this ridiculously cooked map.

What SPs? I guess tradition, freedom; scholasticism or mercantylism? (or maybe both with Poland)

Thank you.

It's passed som time since I submitted the game so my memory aint that fresh. I have played many Poland GP games last months so it happens that I confuse one game happenings for another :lol:.

That being said, I think I took full Tradition into Commerce and Mercentalism before Rationalism. In the end I hade Freedom and Scholastiscism and thats it. I didn't even build Statue of Liberty or Oracle. Will check for sure when I come home and post a final screenshot aswell...

Here's a screenshot. And besides the SP stated above, I took consulates at the very end.
I also built Angkor Wat, a new favourite of mine in these games.

Interesting to see, I had 2 GS left (!!?!) due to miscalculations of the RA wave. Sub 190 very doable...

Attachments

• PolenSV193.jpg
    PolenSV193.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 1,871
seeing as you had 2 GS left when you won the game, couldn't you have bulbed way earlier and maybe even finished it sub T190? that sounds completely unreal to me. colour me impressed.

Here's a screenshot. And besides the SP stated above, I took consulates at the very end.
I also built Angkor Wat, a new favourite of mine in these games.

Interesting to see, I had 2 GS left (!!?!) due to miscalculations of the RA wave. Sub 190 very doable...

Dear gawd, that's a lot of pastures in Warsaw.

Good job babinski - how many cities do you go before NC? i find im just not reaching education fast enough when i play so curious how to improve.

Good job babinski - how many cities do you go before NC? i find im just not reaching education fast enough when i play so curious how to improve.

Hey fimbul. I go 4 city NC. This game I bought one settler and build two. 4 cities planted by t44. I usually go for as early placement of 4 cities as possibly and let NC come efter building granary and library in expos. I have had games where I have placed 4 cities within 35 turns and then I also reach Education very fast (near t80). But those games lacked either in mountain spots or space for a fifth city so they quickly lagged behind towards Scientific Theory.
Hope this helped.

Yes, rolling a good enough map is very tedious. It doesn't have to be legendary or anything but there has to be several good city spots. Often there are just 2-3 good ones. Maybe its not as crucial with your strategy?

Here's a pic of my map, 4 good, solid spots and even a good spot for the expansion with 2 unique luxuries. Best GP map I have rolled (and I have rolled lots...)

You put together an incredible start! What was your capital build order and how did you manage +17 happiness at this point?

You put together an incredible start! What was your capital build order and how did you manage +17 happiness at this point?

*Again I must confirm this when I come home from work but this is how I remember it.

WARNING WALL OF TEXT
Spoiler :
Capital Build order: Scout, scout, scout, settler1 (settler2 bought), settler3, granary, caravan, NC.

Expos: first 2 expos I planted t32 and t36 and they built granaries and libraries. Last expo built granary and bought library.

I try to play very aggressive with my warrior and scouts. Here's a detailed write up so you get a sense of my early gameplay.

-First warrior goes straight east and steal a worker from Theodora. Late in this game at t13 but I found its better to just park him at the borders and wait for a chance than continue exploring right away. An early worker is very vital. (I research mining first and this worker hooks up mining luxes to trade for lump sums of gold in peace deals). He stays within range and heals up - if presented by another worker he grabs it, otherwise he continues to explore cs in center. In this game he snatched a worker from Brussels. I try to make peace as soon as possible with Theo because I want her to send me a trade route for the early great boost in science.

-First scout goes northeast. He will pass several city states and Theodora and catch an early caravan for cash if presented by one. He stole a worker from Netherlands at t20. Quick peace t26, probably with a trade for 240g for my mining lux. (Netherlands usually grumpy if you don't make peace fast). Scout went on east exploring.

-Second scout went south and stole 2 workers from Marocco and I remember that I got 2 caravans down here aswell, sweet 200g. Peace t33, moved on north to clear a barb camp with warrior.

-Third scout explored backyard, trying to save up ruins to grab after t20 for faith ruin. Somewhere I got a culture ruin. Otherwise, I would have built monument.

I had 6 stolen workers t75, 8 luxuries improved and traded for money and happiness (probarbly a merc cs aswell seeing +17 happiness) and rdy to settle a fifth city with 2 unique luxes...yummy). I got religion t56 and I think I took tithe and peace gardens.

Main reason this game went great though, was good dirt and lucky circumstances/opportunities presented along the way. I felt that I never had a game go so smooth, I remember.

700+ hrs here and my first post. Amazing stuff with such a quick science victory. I have played several games on deity but haven't won yet (trying science victory with either Babylon or Poland).

I can't seem to get my cities large enough to generate enough science and make use of scientific buildings. E.g. My cap is often only 16 pop with others at 9-11ish at turn 150. So am only producing around 150ish science per turn. I do set to production focus but lock food tiles down, use some internal food caravans. Not sure what I'm missing at the moment.

Tend to steal workers earlyish (t20) get them working wheats/lux/iron/horses to sell

National College is normally around T80 with 3-4 city Trad.

I have never finished a deity game yet because I guess I get to around T200-250 and realise my science is just isn't high enough - normally around 250-300.

Not to take this thread off-topic, but since dedicated HoF players are watching this thread, please permit me to ask a question: is there any way to show the finish times in Turns, not Year, on the HoF table?

I want to post some Domination finishes there, and I'd like to see what kind of targets I have.

Well done to you science guys, but I don't have the patience to roll those kinds of maps. I rolled 20 GP maps last night and they were all rubbish :D

Good thinking. You can click on any game in the list by clicking on the player name and then you can click General Log which lists the game events in turns. I quickly found a Cromagnus T120 Domination with Poland on Immortal

AFAIK there's no way to do it in the main tabs, but clicking on the number of entries for any given table will show you all the submissions for that setting and the finish turn numbers. Clicking on the player's name will take you to their game page with the general log and the 4 save files.

I advise you to use the ad-hoc query page here, it's the HoF search engine that displays both dates and turns, and it sorts the games by speed. I find it much more convenient to use than the main page tabs.

Top Bottom