Om nom nom City States

A Rabid Dopsis

Warlord
There's been a bit of kvetching about the annoyance of having Austria devour everything and I'm with that to a point...

... but I just played into the renaissance as them for the first time. It was so fun! I sold everything and scarfed the Vatican. I pumped up my economy and took out Italy. Protestantism made a showing and hello Wittenberg! I just found the whole thing to be fun in a way I can't explain. Never change Austria! :p

Bella gerant alii: tu felix Austria nube!

Well yeah it is a blast for the person PLAYING Austria lol. Just like the Huns getting a battering ram ruin or Spain starting next to El Dorado and the GBR.

Well yeah it is a blast for the person PLAYING Austria lol. Just like the Huns getting a battering ram ruin or Spain starting next to El Dorado and the GBR.

Skilldorado isn't as bad as it used to be. Yes you get 500g, but settling it is only a culture bonus.

I don't know why people go nuts over Battering Ram ruins... When the Tech to get them is a wooping 18 turns deep. I do think they are a little ridiculous when used properly, not sure what I would change considering both UU upgrade into crap and the UA isn't that good so you rely on snowballing from a good aggressive start.

I've yet to see Austria marry a CS. Ever since I read that their CS can't be liberated again I do everything to keep them down.

Furycrab: If you're doing it right, El Dorado is, what, 1000g (total), 10cpt, and 8fpt? I'd like it. ;)

DrunkenRine: The issue I've noticed with Battering Rams is that they aren't very good against cities on hills. My experience with hill cities is that if you get unlucky with RNG, you die on the second turn, and if they have a unit in the city, it gets much worse.

Top Bottom