City States Leaders II

Hi all! First of all: What a great mod! Thank you Nutty for your hard work! Is there a step-by-step tutorial how to add own custom city states with leader icons? Thanks!

Hello Nutty.

I looked into this one and your main mod “city states leaders ii”. I used whoward69’s “ModTools” to recreate a modbuddy file of your mod “city states leaders ii”. I copied all files which I needed into my own “Hyborian Age - city states mod”. At the moment my own city states mod looks like this in ingame (picture1). But I want a leader icon for this city state like "Afghulistan 2 Kopie.png". Of course I have a dds-file; in Modbuddy called "afghulistan_leadericon.dds".

In my modbuddy project “Hyborian Age - City States Modul” the files: “CityStateDiploPopup.lua”, “CityStateDiploPopup.xml” and “CityStateGreetingPopup.lua” are “Import into VFS: YES”.

The files: “MinorCivilization_Leaders.sql” and “MinorCivLeaders_en_US.xml” are “Import into VFS: FALSE”.

All DDS-Files are “Import into VFS: YES”.

I added in “MinorCivilization_Leaders.sql” on the bottom following line:

SELECT 'MINOR_CIV_AFGHULISTAN', 'afghulistan_leadericon.dds', '', '', '', '', '', '', '' UNION ALL

But the LeaderIcon doesn't show ingame. Did I forgot something? Can you help me, please?

PS: (English isn't my first language)

Attachments

• picture1.jpg
    picture1.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 223
  • Picture2 Moddbuddy.jpg
    Picture2 Moddbuddy.jpg
    668 KB · Views: 189
  • Afghulistan 2 Kopie.png
    Afghulistan 2 Kopie.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 217
If I remember right, at least one (if not more) of the text fields that you've left blank are required in your MinorCivilizations_Leaders table for it to show.

If that doesn't work for you, I'll take a look at the code. It'd be easier at that point if you zipped up your built mod and posted that.

Doesn't work. I upload my current mod. Thank you! :D

Edit: Ignore the Blueprint folder; will be deleted if mod is finished.

Attachments

• Hyborian Age - City States Modul (v 2).zip
    436.1 KB · Views: 209
You have a comma between the last field and the semicolon, i.e.,
Code:
SELECT 'MINOR_CIV_AFGHULISTAN', 'afghulistan_leadericon.dds', 'Tribes of Afghulistan', 'Afghulistan1Example', 'Afghulistan2Example', 'Ghor1Example', '', '', '', ;
should be
Code:
SELECT 'MINOR_CIV_AFGHULISTAN', 'afghulistan_leadericon.dds', 'Tribes of Afghulistan', 'Afghulistan1Example', 'Afghulistan2Example', 'Ghor1Example', '', '', '' ;

Also, unless you plan on making large-scale changes to city states to meet other requirements of your mod, I'd recommend for the final version that you use Fictional City States as an example and have CSL2 be a recommended addon, rather than including CSL2 (especially as it has incompatibilities with other mods that your users may want to use).

Last edited:
Now it works! Thank you! If I use one of your leader icons like Almaty, the leader icon shows ingame (picture1). If I use my own picture I get a bug (picture2). I used one of your icons as a blueprint for my icon and saved as a DDS-file (using gimp).Sorry for the dump questions... to creat a new civ is easier than this! :D

Attachments

• picture1.jpg
    picture1.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 192
  • picture2.jpg
    picture2.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 147
If I use my own picture I get a bug (picture2).
Sorry I forgot about this issue. It looks like you're trying to use a topper template that's the width of the entire topper (i.e., the method used for the compatible version or earlier versions of CSL) vs. just the picture by itself.

Wow this is really nice ! 2012: how did I manage to miss this ? I always wanted to do something like this in EUI...
Do you mind if I merge your art into EUI ? How about getting the other artists' OK ?
Hey @bc1, thanks. I'm glad you're still working on the marvelous EUI. FYI, mihaifx's original CSL was in 2010!

Sure, feel free to use it. Since you're basically including CSL2 along with EUI (even if you end up reimplementing it), I don't think you need additional permissions from the other artists (especially if you keep the subtle credit on the topper I add).

Thx Nutty, no problem! ;) Have you got the correct width of the entire topper? Thx!
No, that's the point. Don't use the old template with the topper art attached to the first post unless you want to support the compatible version. You only want a 200x200 circular leader pic by itself. You can use this circle as a template which will give you a mask to position it and the right shadow, but you want to remove the circle (but leave the shadow) before exporting to dds.

I found my mistake! I had an old (and wrong) picture in my "blueprint" folder. I don't now, why it was there. I'm feeling so dump! :D

Now it working. Thank you for your time and help! (Love the Civfanatic-Community)

Wow this is really nice ! 2012: how did I manage to miss this ? I always wanted to do something like this in EUI...

Do you mind if I merge your art into EUI ? How about getting the other artists' OK ?

Cheers
So now is it compatible with VOX Populi EUI Version or ?

Hi, @Nutty. I want to make your mod compatible with new CSs introtuced in UCS by @Enginseer. Are you ok with the fact I will post it then in my downloads with links to tha base mod etc? I would start it soon if I find art of course.

@ryanmusante I just use this version. Only needed to fix few db.log errors but even with them it worked well with VP and EUI. I play this mod for few years without a problem. Even if there are unknown CSs like from UCS then the icon of the leader is changed to default. It is also compatible with UCS's traits shown in CS window.

Attachments

• (ui) City-State Leaders II (almost fixed) (v 7m).zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:
So now is it compatible with VOX Populi EUI Version or ?
No, I don't believe they've updated the EUI for VP yet. EDIT: It looks like the compatibility fixes were updated on GitHub a few days ago... EDIT #2: but NOT the City-State part... yet?

Hi, @Nutty. I want to make your mod compatible with new CSs introtuced in UCS by @Enginseer. Are you ok with the fact I will post it then in my downloads with links to tha base mod etc?

No problem, that's great. Be aware, though, that (as mentioned above) bc1 recently integrated CSL (with his own revisions) into the latest EUI, so you might want to look at what he did, so your CSL for VP changes can be merged easily when the VP version of EUI is updated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom