Not Another City States Mod

Included this in my earth scenario to spice up the city states with new bonuses. Absolutely great work! :clap:

This is a great mod - I've recommended it in my signature.

Wait - now I won't get any extra production from the production CSs - science one isn't working either. hmm

I'm getting the same problem. No bonuses from being friends or allies with production and science CSs

Hmm... any news on an update or work-around for the non-functional production and science CS bonuses yet? I tried to turn off the mod but my save game now crashes without it.

Thanks!

It doesn't for me :(
Perhaps it's conflicting with another mod? I have City State Diplomacy, InfoAddict and Building Made Fun.

I'm sorry, I haven't really had time to look into the mod any more.
Please know though that you shouldn't expect the bonuses to actually be shown anywhere. I haven't been able to give it UI support, so the only way to make sure the bonuses are working for you is by comparing what the top panel tells you you'll get next turn and then checking the next turn how much the production/tech/whatever has actually increased.
(It's discussed all over the last page, so read there if you need more info.)

At least mostly that is what people experience as the mod 'not working', I don't know if it's the problem in 100% of the cases though. I haven't been able to check.

I'm sorry, I haven't really had time to look into the mod any more.
Please know though that you shouldn't expect the bonuses to actually be shown anywhere. I haven't been able to give it UI support, so the only way to make sure the bonuses are working for you is by comparing what the top panel tells you you'll get next turn and then checking the next turn how much the production/tech/whatever has actually increased.
(It's discussed all over the last page, so read there if you need more info.)

At least mostly that is what people experience as the mod 'not working', I don't know if it's the problem in 100% of the cases though. I haven't been able to check.

I haven't played your mod in quite a while, but I can remember doing to maths for production and realising that:
1 - Disregarding production CSs that I was frienfly with, I could still correctly calculate how much production my city was producing, showing that the CS was making no difference
2 - There was no change in production when I became an ally with said CS.

I think the prob is they dont give you enough bonuses, i befriended a golden age city state, and when I did get a golden age it only gave me an extra turn of the golden age :sad:

It also adds to golden age progress. You get 2 points per era per turn for befriending them (e.g. 8 points per turn at Renaissance), 3 per era if you're their ally.
And you the extra turn of GA is nothing to scoff at.

Together they make a potent bonus.

If the DLL is released, I'd love to make a 'proper' version, but I can't promise I will make it.
I have never coded in C++ (or whatever the DLL is in) and if all goes well, I will be too busy to do any modding in a few months.
But I hate to leave things unfinished, so you never know. Or maybe someone else will step in.

I have a problem with the mod which is that i am making a scenario with Gedemons giant earth but when i insert CS's like the Maya and the Inuits that should be american styled buildings they come out as Western building (Like European and american style)

Please have you got a anwser thank you. :confused:

Apart from that it is a very good mod. :)

Do the city states with new traits still offer quests? I've read somewhere that quests are hardcode-tied to the three vanilla types of city states.

I noticed that in my current game all Australian units have the text TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_COPENHAGEN_ADJECTIVE. After checking a bit into the files, to see if I could fix it myself I noticed that the copenhagen.xml in the vanillacitystatesupdates folder only contains text regarding Australia.

For commercial CS, how about something having to do with money lending?
For example, you pay 1000 gold to them, and they pay you 1100 back, but over time, and if they are captured or destroyed, you lose this bonus.

Top Bottom