are battle outcomes aleatory?

leopalas

Chieftain
Im playing PTW 1.27 and i wonder if this happens to u guys... I usually dont save games in order to cheat ( except on critical times ;) but on the other day i was loading a game and i noticed that a battle between one of my tanks and a much more antiquated enemy unit turned out to be a disaster, not only did i lost but subsequently a city was also lost on the next turn due to that. I didnt resist... I quited, loaded again, and... surprise!! I lost again to that stupid medieval cannon... and again , and again... 9 times i tried . Even the amount of power or whatever left on the cannon was exactely the same on all of the 9 times... The way in wich the battle evolved was also precisely the same. Then i had another experience: when entering a village u can get one of various things- gold, knowledge, etc. Again here, it is not random, it is allways the same... BTW this happened both in the DYP 2.01 MOD and on the classic game as well. What is strange is that this doesnt happen on earlier versions at least to me. And if i can accept that a village allways has the same "prize" it is very arguable that the outcome of a battle should be allways the same. When ure playing monarch or emperor as i am a little bit of latitude if not simple common sense would be in order. Damn, a medieval cannon doesnt beat a tank 9 times out of 9. Feed back on this one please...

Try unchecking "preserve random seed" and that conspiracy is history.

Maybe you should also change the dice device of your comp.:mischief:
(a computer cannot really draw a random number - there's always a function behind it;))

Top Bottom