Tomatekh's New Civilizations

That UA is amazing!

That's a very good civ!

Great to see the ancient artifacts of Project Civ finally gaining their recognition. Now if only the MC team released Greece...

I'm having trouble with the Kievan Rus direct download.

To be more specific, when I click on "Civfanatics Link (Brave New World)" and then click the "Download File," I get a warning pop-up at the bottom of the screen saying "Internet Explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting" and there's just a lonely little "#" in the top left corner of an otherwise blank white screen.

Don't use IE.

It works perfectly fine for everything else, including the other 9 civs that Tomatekh updated yesterday. So that's not the problem.

It works perfectly fine for everything else, including the other 9 civs that Tomatekh updated yesterday. So that's not the problem.

You're right. the problem is that you're using IE.

Thanks everyone! Glad to know you're enjoying the updates.

I'm having trouble with the Kievan Rus direct download.

Hmm, I need to look into it. There should be no reason why that specific link doesn't work in IE but the rest does.

No love for Monte Verde though? :confused:

Not lack of love. I wanted to add another to South America, but was limited to 5 because of sound file issues. So the current choices were based on geographic spread (in relation to the 6 cradles). For the Americas, I wanted to include one north of Mesoamerica as the Olmec and Caral would provide something in Central and South America. Then there's one in Europe, one is Sub-Saharan Africa, and one in Oceania/Pacific region. Chengtoushan along the Yangtze was the one real exception I made to the geographic spread plan, but I thought it was important to include because of the complicated mess it is to properly portray the Chinese cradle with Xia-Shang; the Yangtze river was probably the proper cradle for South East Asia and Austronesia. (Plus, Chengtoushan was the only one that could reasonable fit into Militaristic :p and I wanted to include one of each type). Though, I have a few back up sites (some in South America) in mind in case I make one of the current five into a full civ :mischief:

Oh also, any plans on giving the Goths A 3D Leaderscene? They can't lose that most downloaded mod civ status after all... :D

I didn't know about that thread. I would love to add a 3D leader for the Goths (and it's one where I wouldn't have to feel too guilty about losing Jan or Leugi's hard work as the original base is from the scenario [though Jan did considerable work touching it up]). Sadly, I can't help in the graphics department myself, but I will keep an eye on it, thanks!

Why the change from Gilgamesh? (not complaining, just wondering.):)

Mostly for Leugi's awesome art. I suppose I could have theoretically kept Gilgamesh with the new screen, but the image is based on statues of Eannatum.

Ah, bollocks, I was starting to design a Pengtoushan one! Guess I'll have to change my plans.

Ah, bollocks, I was starting to design a Pengtoushan one! Guess I'll have to change my plans.

Oh, I wasn't actually referring to potentially making a full Yangtze civ (so another one of the five...). I think its an extremely interesting idea for a civ but I can't plan anything else in the area with Xia-Shang still to be released. (I'm also happy to replace the CS in the pack if someone else does make a Yangtze civ).

Poor Gilgamesh :O
Many thanks for this, Tomatekh.
I love the spearman->warrior change on Sumeria! Keep it up!

I actually liked the Gilgamesh leaderscene a lot more, but whatever floats your boat.

Also, the Gothic leaderscene is one of my all-time favourites. I would arguably prefer it even over a 3D one.

Played a tiny bit with Harappa with all the Community Patch stuff, along with all your other civs active. None of them exploded anything, which is good! And all of them seem like they would work at the very least properly. Only minor things of note are pretty much regarding unit upgrade paths - you have some Pikemen and Lancer UUs and in CP the Lancer is in the Horsemen line and Pikemen have nothing to do with them, as they should be, so basically just put in little if CP = active then Pombo upgrades to Musketmen types of things, assuming it's that simple.

I'm not...100% sure if the citizen carryover from the Sewer worked? I'll need to double check on that. I don't think the meter started 40% full anyway, but I don't actually know for sure if that's the telling sign. Will report back with further playing.

Hmm, I just set up a quick test with IGE: two cities, identical tiles, one with a sewer, one with an aqueduct. Both had the same amount of extra food when they grew, so the sewer growth bonus is working on my end at least. The way the code is set up, there is the chance if you finish building the sewer on the same turn that the city grows, that specific growth won't have any extra food (but that's the one exception I can think of).

you changed Harappa's music......now it's the same music as Chola

Top Bottom