Large Scale Mod

It seems there's a bug with the way you implemented the happiness fix.
From looking at the files it appears you basically added Ghandi's leader trait effect to everyone's existing traits, which creates a problem when playing as Napoleon. Napoleon's trait becomes obsolete with Steam Power, that means the happiness fix will also go obsolete along with it.
I simply changed his trait to never expire to get around it but hopefully you'll be able to find a real fix.

Hi, The mod looks really amazing so far, but I had a small request:

Would you be able to greatly increase the number of total allowed turns per game (increase by 50% or even 100% :D) without increasing the production costs and tech costs (beyond what they are in the standard 500 turn games with the existing mod)? I was thinking this would be a really good idea since it would really allow for an even more defined sense of difference between eras then this mod currently allows, since the player would then be able to (and in some ways, be forced to) invest in upgrading ALL his forces and cities to the appropriate era each time he tech'd up.

Is this compatible with the Echoes of Ages mod?

Both of them deal with happiness.

Would the more severe one take priority, or how would it all play out?

Hi, The mod looks really amazing so far, but I had a small request:

Would you be able to greatly increase the number of total allowed turns per game (increase by 50% or even 100% :D) without increasing the production costs and tech costs (beyond what they are in the standard 500 turn games with the existing mod)? I was thinking this would be a really good idea since it would really allow for an even more defined sense of difference between eras then this mod currently allows, since the player would then be able to (and in some ways, be forced to) invest in upgrading ALL his forces and cities to the appropriate era each time he tech'd up.

Couldn't you just disable max turns...?

5 Tiles min Distance and 4 Tiles City Worker Range seem very promising...
The increased movement range too...

I see megacities on the horizon... just scale down the food costs for new citizens and the culture costs and this will be epic. You won't even have to adjust gold revenue, because trade routes and Citizens will yield so much Gold and Research, we will have to finde new sink holes to put it into...

Are there any plans to update this mod? I think the addition of increased culture -or- decreased city tile expansion would help quite a bit. It is great having space between cities but it would help if some of those tiles could be worked. Probably an easy fix too . . .

I think a requirement of 6 space between cities is a bit much, unless you are playing on a gigantic map (which I only play on huge maps). However, this is probably one of my fav mods, as it does add strategy to city placement, and in some cases combat as well. Plus not to mention the added benefit of not having to deal with a city every 3 spaces from another city, as this can become tedious (AI loves creating honeycombs, esp on Deity level).

So I downloaded the mod from here last night, becuase for some reason I cannot install the mod once I downloaded through the in-game option. Weird. I was having compatiability issues previously so had deleted all my mods and started again fresh. Once I uploaded a game I realized the download from this thread still has the 6 tile space requirement. Read a bit and saw an easy fix on the thread, went into the xml and adjusted the MIN_CITYRANGE from 6 down to 4. Sounds easy enough. Went to start a new map (Small conts/Industrial age/More Marathon/Abundant resources/Domination victory only) and I get a CTD every time. The game doesn't even load up the civ visual, it's almost a 1 second delay then a CTD.

So is there any other codes that need adjusted in the global XML since I adjusted the min-city range one? I don't think it's a compatiability issue, because the game was working before I adjusted the mod myself. I'm not really a modder, I just try to do the simple stuff, by reading what the modders themselves post up. But I'm sort of at a loss here, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Okay, well the obvious issue is that the thread here provides a link that you can only download version 6 with. Whereas version 9 is available through civ/mods. However, when I download the mod through civ/mods then go to my mod list, there is no option to install. Anyone else getting this issue, or know a work around? I would just download version 9 manually and put it up in the correct folder, but seems I can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

I did a fresh install of the mod using the in-game browser with no problems last night. Might want to uninstall and reinstall.

I tried that, sorta. I can download the mod through the in-game browser, then when I switch over to the tab to actually install the mod, theres no option to install on the lower right hand corner. So I tried installing it manually through the OP's linked url (which happened to be v6 instead of v9). I put it into the right folder, started up the game and there it was on my mod options. I then deleted it from there, and tried to install through the in-game browser. Still no luck. Can't figure out why the in-game won't let me install it. Weird.

Would someone be able to attach the version9 folder of the mod as a small download on this thread? It'll work if I install it manually, just can't do it though the in-game mod browser. Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much! I've found I can't really play the game w/o the mod, lol, can't stand the AI city spamming cities every 3 tiles. Thanks again, i'm much obliged.

Thank you very much! I've found I can't really play the game w/o the mod, lol, can't stand the AI city spamming cities every 3 tiles. Thanks again, i'm much obliged.

Have you tried DonMartyMod? It's based very much on anti city spamming in a different style, it's very hard but rewarding for careful planners.

Hello db0,

Your mod is very interesting, about road maintenance, look at PlayWithMe mod, he treated road and railroad as improvement and thus producing gold each turn, you can adjust the amount of gold to suit your design.

In general I wish you took a look at DonMartinMod, it's flavor is somewhat oriented your general design but from a different point of view, his mod makes it harder in general to spam cities and gallop on the tech tree, his mod starts on 10,000BC and with very few techs to begin with so there is plenty of time to explore and assess.

If somehow I could merge both yours and DonMarty's mods, it would be a perfect mod in MHO, but alas, neither your nor DonMarty seems to be around any more.

Hear from you soon.

This is a GREAT mod. It's done more to improve the game than any other mod I've tried so far. (heh, I haven't tried that many yet, but I really like some of the changes in this one.)

Unfortunately, it looks like the creator has vanished?

Is there another mod that is being supported that mimics the effects in this one? I looked at DonMartyMod, but that changes too much of the game...I'll try it later. But right now, I'm looking for smaller changes.

how do I know if it is installed correctly ? it is activated in the mod screen but I dont get your default game setup when starting a new game...

Oh, I just looked at the mod files. Looks straightforward. Should be easy to tweak or incorporate into other mods. I'm not sure the balance is quite right yet.

how do I know if it is installed correctly ? it is activated in the mod screen but I dont get your default game setup when starting a new game...

Hmm... One way to tell is

Mods -> Single Player -> Set Up Game -> Advanced Setup

If you tooltip over the Map Size dropdown, it should say 'Larger Scale Mod version'.

Top Bottom