Indonesia on Continent Map

Lowpro

Chieftain
Hey guys,

I'm not a pro Civ player but I consider myself confident. Let me break down my Indonesia "issue".

First off, I HATE Archipelago/Island maps because I don't like the tech path. The AI gets full blown stupid, waiting for tech to send off settlers to take advantage of the UA for Indonesia isn't my jam.

So I thought to myself, why not just do Continents but balance with a Liberty start to get up 2-3 coastal cities (maybe find a small landmass to get early UA luck) and bob's your uncle. So I tried that and it was going well but here's what I've noticed: the AI almost NEVER has coastal cities close enough for sea trade routes. 2 map loads (Halfway through I got bored and wasn't feeling the game) and both times I'd have one or two CS close enough for sea trade routes. I was dead in the water for early without caravans. Kind of a bummer but I toughed it out and it felt like I'd have to go warpath a bit and my idea of a Diplo victory just seemed out of reach especially after I got embargoed... That kinda ended my second game for me -.-

Anyways I wanted to catch some feedback on how you guys may play a Coastal focused game. I did a Full Liberty and used the GP for a GE and nabbed Chichen Itza. I figured open into Patronage for Consulates and then go Exploration (partly why I wanted to try this; I've NEVER gone Exploration before). a bit. Once Ideologies opened up I'd follow a friendly civ into what they got unless I get Order or Freedom first. I mostly figured a Diplo victory was in my hands with a decent cash flow and joining the AI bandwagon for friends.

MHO. I recommend going for Cultural victory, not diplomatic. You're going exploration. It's a fun civ, exploration is fun, CV is fun, archaeologists are fun. Finish exploration and have fun. You may never do it again.

Top Bottom