Terrain Under Jungle Tiles?

Illinus

Chieftain
What terrain is normally under jungle tiles?

Plains or Grassland? I never chop them so not sure. However, I am playing as Netherlands and have some jungle river tiles. Is there marsh under there for polders? There's ample jungle to get some great uni-supported science while still chopping a few for polders.

Thanks!

I've never seen grassland under them and only improve luxury and strategic resources on jungle tiles.

WorldBuilder will only let you place jungle on grassland, so based of of that, jungle is only on grassland.
In the world builder it can only be placed on grassland, but if you remove them in the game itself, the tile always turns to plains.

On the scripts provided by Firaxis, it's always plains.

May be different on fixed maps (that aren't scripts) found in Explorers DLC.

There's many reports of other fixed maps having grassland underneath jungle.

Quick question:
the manual says that Oil can be found in Jungles. If I chop down the Jungle early in the game, will this resource still appear in that tile, later on?

Quick question:
the manual says that Oil can be found in Jungles. If I chop down the Jungle early in the game, will this resource still appear in that tile, later on?

yes it will, however most oil is from desert/ocean so don't let that influence you either way.

The world builder thing is a bug... It used to be Plains there as well. There's a mod you can download that fixes this; I can't believe it's still in the game after all these years.

For the record, I actually placed both Grass and Plains Jungles on the map in my sig, to represent both the lush Pacific and Caribbean islands, and other, less people-friendly 'jungles'. So at least some good can come out of this situation (I never would've thought of this otherwise). ;)

Top Bottom