[BtS]40 civs-allows colonies AND 34 civs

NEVER buy a new single core system in the current market. It's just a waste of money. Single core chips are all based on older architecture that run much slower than dual core chips of slower clock rates. ie my 2.14Ghz Core 2 duo is WAY faster than my old 3.2Ghz P4 even in games that only use one core.

I think the real factor with Civ IV is the RAM. When I upgraded to 2gigs from 1gig I felt a significant improvement in Civ IV's turn performance. I would imagine that > 2gigs would help even more on gigantic maps. (I generally play 34 civs with the default "huge" size, I know, I'm a wussy :))

And I don't want to transform my thread into a war over Vista, but Vista runs Civ IV just fine.

Your best bet for Civ 4 would be a single core 4 Ghz+ system with 2 Gb RAM and best Win 2k running on it. A decent GPU on top of that, and you've got the maximum resources Civ 4 can use with the lowest resource demands from Windows.

I cant find any CPU whith 4ghz I only find around 2,50ghz, do you now the name of a CPU whith 4ghz+?

it said in rapidshare that the file URL was changed. I can't download free, dont want to try payment

Sorry, between playing a lot of the new Company of Heroes addon and lusting after a new 8800GT video card, I haven't been paying much attention to Civ IV lately. If I'm not careful she may ask for a divorce. :)

Here's the latest version V3.0e including Bhruic's v1.11:
http://rapidshare.com/files/67767881/40CivsV40e.rar.html

How dare you ignore Civ4 She is the best thing that ever happend to you!!:lol:
along with her Sisters warlords and BTS!
Can you Please Mod Rise of mankind to play with 34 Civs and extra Units.
I really like to use those assasin Units in Total realism that allow you to kill great leaders generals and even citizens working in a city.

Wrong thread. You'll have to ask the makers of "Rise of Mankind" for that. Increasing the max number of civs should be fairly easy for them, whereas lt. Bob can't do anthing without having access to their source code.

This MOD wont load on my comp - AMD 64 w/Nvidia Geforce Go 71500M - I looked through all pages on this thread but I did not see a solution. I am so anxious to play 40 civs its pathetic. Please let me know if any one else has this problem or has a solution. Oh PS I have evil VISTA. It wont even tell me what kind of error it just says "Civ 4 stopped working" whenever I try to load this MOD...

This MOD wont load on my comp - AMD 64 w/Nvidia Geforce Go 71500M - I looked through all pages on this thread but I did not see a solution. I am so anxious to play 40 civs its pathetic. Please let me know if any one else has this problem or has a solution. Oh PS I have evil VISTA. It wont even tell me what kind of error it just says "Civ 4 stopped working" whenever I try to load this MOD...

It only errors when you try the mod, or does it error in normal civ as well?

I added your mod component to my mod in progress and done everything you said to fix it for the earth scenario but the leader names won't change so i get a run time error.

if you could fix this I would very much appreciate it.

ok i finally got the leader names to work but I still get a run time error and no idea why. Here is the new one with leader names changed

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/76895/Online_Earth_map.rar

Hi Lt.Bob,

Just a quick question here. With BTS 3.13 and this mod w/Bhuric's patch it will allow the creation of colonies over the 18 player limit and not have the bug where creating a colony resurrects a dead civ, forcing it's diplomatic modifiers on you?

Just wondering because I just bought BTS and colonies was one of the main reason's and I typically play games with 16+ Civs and do not want a limit on the amount of colonies allowed in the game. I also don't want any of this stupid resurrected leaders bug that ruins the game.

Thanks

Anyone who has a copy of this mod, could a download mirror be made, or can it be sent to me?

The download link offered requires me to pay to download the file, and don't know if that is intentional or not...

It only errors when you try the mod, or does it error in normal civ as well?

Whenever I try to load the mod I get an error saying that Civ 4 has stopped working. Civ 4 BTS works just fine and all the Mods that came with the game (Next War, Final frontier etc.) all work the only thing that errors is this Mod as far as I can tell. The error happens during the XML check. I just downloaded the Mod and unzipped it into my BTS MODS folder. Did I miss a step.

Hmm, strange...
I used the link in the first post. (V 4.0e)
It worked and I didn't have to pay.
I'm not a premium user or somthing, I just hit the 'free' button and had to wait about 30 seconds to start the download.

Top Bottom