A new way to approach loans

I've never understood why will the AI accept 240 gold for a resource, but won't accept 8 gold per turn for 30 turns? If they don't have enough gold I end up making them give me 7 gpt and maybe 10 lump gold. And if you give a loan to an AI they won't let you take more GPT from them than like two thirds of what the loan is actually worth.

Somewhere in basic economics there's something that says that money is worth more now than it is in the future, which means that 240 lump sum gold should be worth at least 9 GPT. I would like to give the AI a loan that will profit me, not the AI in the long run. I should be able to trade 240 lump sum gold for 9 or 10 gpt depending on how much the AI needs the money or how badly they need to buy an army, etc. I want to be a mercantile nation, but CiV won't let me.

I've never understood why will the AI accept 240 gold for a resource, but won't accept 8 gold per turn for 30 turns?

That doesn't make sense. Why should they accept 8 gpt instead of 240? They are better off receiving a 240g as a lump sum.

Somewhere in basic economics there's something that says that money is worth more now than it is in the future, which means that 240 lump sum gold should be worth at least 9 GPT. I would like to give the AI a loan that will profit me, not the AI in the long run. I should be able to trade 240 lump sum gold for 9 or 10 gpt depending on how much the AI needs the money or how badly they need to buy an army, etc. I want to be a mercantile nation, but CiV won't let me.

I agree the economics of the game is weak. I don't think they didn't give it much thought and it seems to have been implemented by someone who didn't know the basics of the subject (such as money now being worth more than money in the future which you might not even get).

The AI rarely needs money because it gets bonuses, so trades are all fake in a sense.

That doesn't make sense. Why should they accept 8 gpt instead of 240? They are better off receiving a 240g as a lump sum.

I agree the economics of the game is weak. I don't think they didn't give it much thought and it seems to have been implemented by someone who didn't know the basics of the subject (such as money now being worth more than money in the future which you might not even get).

The AI rarely needs money because it gets bonuses, so trades are all fake in a sense.

Sorry, I guess I didn't make my point extremely clear. I just think that you should be able to trade MORE than 8 gpt to the AI if they want or need the lux badly. The way it is now they are too predictable and way too easy to manipulate.

Maybe a whole new "loan" interface would be needed to calculate percentages, things like that. Make a system so that if someone defaults on a loan, they are forced to sell buildings and units to make up for it, and may even have justifiable war. Something better than the current system.

Top Bottom