Earth 2014

This reply is a bit late, but I think I've figured out why civs that should be friendly to me (the ones with the same ideology) were guarded. It was because of America's huge military strength making them afraid, yet the "afraid" wouldn't show up and manifested as "guarded" instead.

With regard to the division of civs by ideology, I guess the current arrangement is fine. Making South Africa, Brazil, and Argentina Order civs is a bit unusual, but let's face it, if we made their ideologies more accurate, almost every civ in the world would be Freedom. Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, North Korea, and Russia would be Autocracy civs. Turkey could be Freedom or Autocracy. And China would be either Order or Autocracy. There aren't many actual communists in today's world.

For my game, I won a diplomatic victory pretty early too, like turn 60 or something. Treaty Organization works wonders. In fact I was actually trying to not win and deliberately kept my city-state allies below the necessary number to win, since I wanted to play more turns. But I forgot that civs that you liberate always vote for you, and I had liberated South Korea from Russian rule, so I ended up winning inadvertently.

When i download it manually (either with or without steam) I can't Seem to find the map under additional maps.
When putting the maps in the maps Folder i will find the maps but load scenario won't change the fact that i start only with a black map and a settler and a scout . What seems to be the problem?

// Nevermind it appears i was to stupid mods in civ 5 all the time ^^

First off, bless you for creating such a fantastic mod. Your work has revived my interest in civ and drawn me back from the brink of EU4, so I must express my sincerest thanks. In Singleplayer, of course, the gameplay works fine in most important respects, and its a joy to play. I was wondering, however, if it is possible to make the mod work in multiplayer, either through JdH's CiV MP Mod Manager or by changing a few xml files.

If its possible to do so either way, or if there is some obvious step that I'm missing, your insight would be appreciated.

@FancyLike
Are you running any other mods simultaneously? If you are running a UI mod, it could be interfering with the UI changes I made, causing buttons to stop functioning.

@Savizilla, @RyanTheGreat
I disabled settlers so that countries like Canada and Russia would not be able to become disproportionately strong (since irl they have lots of empty/unused space, space that in civ is much more valuable). However, Savizilla raises a good point about nukes decimating the world, so I will have to give this some thought to see if I can develop a balanced solution.

@cosenza987
Did you try both non-Steam hosting sites?

@LoneRebel
Yes, the ideology choices are a bit odd at times, but as you pointed out there are game reasons for this given the diplomacy modifiers civs get with other civs based on ideology. Order kind of became the dumping ground for non-aligned states, although even then I stretched things a bit in an attempt to keep nations that irl have unfriendly/strained relations from aligning in-game.

@SheaferDaDawg
I am not familiar enough with the CiV MP Mod Manager to be able to answer your question, although I am fairly positive that making mods MP compatible requires more than a few xml changes. I'll try to look into it and see if I can come up with a better answer.

Good scenario. I played with Argentina and Australia. Argentina was to hard, finally was demolished by 3 atomic bombs from USA. With Australia was too easy, quickly got all trade routes, earning a lot of money, making allieds city-states, and easily won diplomatic victory.
Same recommendation for something not too hard nor too easy

@FancyLike
Are you running any other mods simultaneously? If you are running a UI mod, it could be interfering with the UI changes I made, causing buttons to stop functioning.

@Savizilla, @RyanTheGreat
I disabled settlers so that countries like Canada and Russia would not be able to become disproportionately strong (since irl they have lots of empty/unused space, space that in civ is much more valuable). However, Savizilla raises a good point about nukes decimating the world, so I will have to give this some thought to see if I can develop a balanced solution.

@cosenza987
Did you try both non-Steam hosting sites?

@LoneRebel
Yes, the ideology choices are a bit odd at times, but as you pointed out there are game reasons for this given the diplomacy modifiers civs get with other civs based on ideology. Order kind of became the dumping ground for non-aligned states, although even then I stretched things a bit in an attempt to keep nations that irl have unfriendly/strained relations from aligning in-game.

@SheaferDaDawg
I am not familiar enough with the CiV MP Mod Manager to be able to answer your question, although I am fairly positive that making mods MP compatible requires more than a few xml changes. I'll try to look into it and see if I can come up with a better answer.
What other link?

Good scenario. I played with Argentina and Australia. Argentina was to hard, finally was demolished by 3 atomic bombs from USA. With Australia was too easy, quickly got all trade routes, earning a lot of money, making allieds city-states, and easily won diplomatic victory.
Same recommendation for something not too hard nor too easy

Thanks. I plan on updating this scenario at least once more, and when I do I'll look into making diplomatic victory harder. I'm also going to change nukes so that they can't wipe cities off of the map (although I may make them more powerful to compensate).

What other link?

On the mod's page in the CFC download database: the link up top that says "Download File" leads to the download at GameFront, and if you scroll down through the description you'll see another link to the download at Atomic Gamer.

I can only play as 2 civs on civ 5 America and Saudi's everything time I click the load map button I know its possible to play them all how do I fix this?? :confused::confused::confused:

Waite I did everything this forum said to do and I can play many more civs now just not north Korea and Nigeria Israel and a few more

When i download it manually (either with or without steam) I can't Seem to find the map under additional maps.
When putting the maps in the maps Folder i will find the maps but load scenario won't change the fact that i start only with a black map and a settler and a scout . What seems to be the problem?

// Nevermind it appears i was to stupid mods in civ 5 all the time ^^
Hey, I've been having the same problem with the mod. Any tips on how to fix it?

EDIT: Figured it out. I wasn't activating the mods properly.

Waite I did everything this forum said to do and I can play many more civs now just not north Korea and Nigeria Israel and a few more

Have you tried all the scenarios? Not every civ is present on every map, due to the 22 civ limitation.

Glad you fixed it. Was there anything in particular you had to do to get it working? I ask, because I like to have a record of fixes so that if someone with the same problem in future asks I can have something to tell them. Thanks!

Have the same problem. I've tried installing manually, verifying game cache, deleting and reinstalling, activating and deactivating, and nothing is working.

you should make the starting diplomatic relations realistic. (I play as russia and everyone is complaining about my rapid expansion in the start. also china)

you should make the starting diplomatic relations realistic. (I play as russia and everyone is complaining about my rapid expansion in the start. also china)

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but the game crashes every time I get to the leaderhead loading screen and it goes black and crases

@BehindYou
The diplomacy is a bit more hardcoded than I would like, so to me it is not really worth it to try to fix this given the costs/benefits ratio.

@hunterx767
Is your game of BNW up to date? Did you remember to select "Load Scenario"? Are you running any other mods simultaneously? Also, try the standard size map instead of the huge, because that is more stable. Finally, if none of this works, try deleting your cache folder and restarting, or reinstall the mod.

First of all, thanks for creating this mod, it's definitely my favorite for Civ 5 I have played so far.
In my last rally fun game I tried and in certain extent succeeded in recreation of the British Empire in modern world. Fun times.
I really like that there is lot of effort put on realism.
Although it runs bit slow on my pc I played this through lot of times with different countries.

I read that you will maybe release it one more time with certain changes.
I try to give someone of my opinions so maybe you can consider them too:

First thing I noticed, and what I think is not most realistic is that you can just nuke other countries without getting nuked yourself.
It surely realistic in some cases. But in My first game with easy mode USA I just nuked Russia and China into stoneage. At least Russia with it's large nuclear arsenal I think should have ability to respond.
And also with Russia I just nuked US and other NATO countries and they were not able to respond.

I am not sure if it is actually possible to fix this. My suggestion if possible, make so that nukes can survive nuclear attack themselves. Also maybe give them unlimited range (like real ICBM).
Or if not possible give At least USA and Russia lot of submarines with nukes around the world and around each other to compensate for their lack of ability to respond.

I think at least in two games Germany and Turkey when to war with each other without me contributing to it (if I remember correctly).
So I was thinking would it be possible to set some additional relations between countries, with what they would start.
Like for example all NATO countries would be friendly with each other (altough I like that most become friendly naturally, so maybe only Turkey is problematic).
Looked it up and seems like Turkey does not have Defence pact with other NATO countries.
Although I am not sure if they would extend their Defence pact after it would expire (But still it would be bit more realistic I think to have DP), as they have different ideology (with what I kinda agree).

I actually didn't have any more big complains, maybe small complain was that at times Russia or some other country would just declare war in some country in africa and so one.
But well that's like just AI decisions I guess. It is bound to have lot of conflict if there is lot of players (makes kinda fun too in other hand).
So yeah other than that I was surprised how good this mod was.

Anyways thanks again for awsome mod.

Top Bottom