Earth 2014

Thank you for this great mod :)

I have one question,why there is no Suez Canal?

You're welcome! And to answer your question, the reason was because the only way to do a canal without using a dll mod would be to place a city there, and I thought it was too crowded. I have actually reconsidered this, however, due to getting several requests, and will now add the city of Suez to Egypt. I will also give Egypt a lot more food resources, so they can still survive with the even more crowded land they will now have. I plan to release an update to this mod, with Suez and many other minor changes, later today. FYI, many of these minor changes will not take effect unless you start a new game, but you will still be able to play your old saves without any problem.

Thank you very much :)
I updated mod tonight and Suez is there :) :goodjob:

I have one more question,its about stuttering.
I have i7 2600K@4.5GHZ,16GB RAM and HD 7870.Civ 5 is on SSD but MOD is on HDD because i have "My Documents" on separate HDD.

When i play normal maps in CIV 5 everything is OK,but when i playing this mod i have heavy stuttering,especially when there is a lot of units,i tried DX9 mod,every setting on LOW and stuttering is always there,I dont know how to fix it?

Thank you very much :)
I updated mod tonight and Suez is there :) :goodjob:

I have one more question,its about stuttering.
I have i7 2600K@4.5GHZ,16GB RAM and HD 7870.Civ 5 is on SSD but MOD is on HDD because i have "My Documents" on separate HDD.

When i play normal maps in CIV 5 everything is OK,but when i playing this mod i have heavy stuttering,especially when there is a lot of units,i tried DX9 mod,every setting on LOW and stuttering is always there,I dont know how to fix it?

Sorry, but I don't have any experience using a split between SSD and HDD drives, so I can't help with this question. Perhaps try asking a generalized version of this question over in the Technical Support forum on CFC.

Hi i love your mod but i keep encountering this issue
[32499.875] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\UnitFlagManager.lua:788: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

i cant load any saves past Turn 40 because they crash during load

Is there any know fix for this

Additional Info: *my games setup*

Korea Fix
Standard enlarged (The one with Israel)
Playing as Russia
Captured cities: Whole of Turkey *one city was lost to a Nuke* and Pongyang
Ideology changed to Freedom

I have no idea how to install this mode. A little help would be very much apreciated

Hi BK,

i would really like to play your mod but i can't if i use "Load Scenario" from Singel Player Setup it' doesn't work.
If i use the Mod Menu to start the game i get stuck in the Game Setup-Screen.
None of the Buttons work, even not the Back button.
What am i doing wrong?

i'm having the exact same problem. Can someone please help us.

I don't know why Game Front isn't working for you (it still works for me), but AtmoicGamer did go offline so that link doesn't work any more. I'll see about adding another hosting site, but until then the only other option is the Steam Workshop download.

That is strange; I don't know what would be causing that. I've attached a modified version of the modinfo file for this mod to this post that re-enables the regular set-up menu. Extract it to this mod's folder and overwrite the current modinfo file with it, then let me know if you can get the game started.

OK, sorry about the previous requests. I can now get to the set up menu, but the MOD only lets me play as the USA. I'm so close, yet still not there. I'm sorry to bother you so much - it's just that the mod looks great and i really want to play it.

OK, sorry about the previous requests. I can now get to the set up menu, but the MOD only lets me play as the USA. I'm so close, yet still not there. I'm sorry to bother you so much - it's just that the mod looks great and i really want to play it.

I use to have the same exact problem as you're having right now and I tried so many things that I can't honestly tell you which one fixed the issue. I "think" it was because my version wasn't up to date at the time! However, do these as they were part of the many things I did: Clean your cache, make sure your version is the latest edition. Don't run any other mods for the time being to make sure there is no mod conflict.

Hope this helps! I know your frustration though, if it weren't for a co-worker their was about to be some furniture moving around between my computer and me!

Sorry for the late replies, I forgot how long it had been since I had signed into CFC.

Hi i love your mod but i keep encountering this issue
[32499.875] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\UnitFlagManager.lua:788: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

i cant load any saves past Turn 40 because they crash during load

Is there any know fix for this

Additional Info: *my games setup*

Korea Fix
Standard enlarged (The one with Israel)
Playing as Russia
Captured cities: Whole of Turkey *one city was lost to a Nuke* and Pongyang
Ideology changed to Freedom

Post a save and I'll see if I get a crash as well, and if so what the logs say. The runtime error you got makes me think something went wrong with the city bar being modded to show the flags of the nations. My best advice would be to reinstall the mod and make sure no other mods are active while you are playing this one.

I have no idea how to install this mode. A little help would be very much apreciated

To install, you just need to follow the links to download the file and then extract it to your mods folder (default path: Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS).

The three things advised by 003 are the best place to start, as that will fix most problems people have. Only being able to select the USA means that there is an error with one of the UUs or UBs (either on the part of the USA or whichever civ should be listed next). If all else fails try reinstalling the mod to make sure that all of the assets are there.

Barbarian King, wonderful mod I may say :).
I've just got one question: out of all the G20 countries the only one missing is Italy,
is there a reason for that? :confused:

This scenario definitely grabbed my attention. I started playing it right away.

I play as France, because I wanted to be right there where there could be action. Wonderfully done with all the different leaders of 2014. Also: the scenario text is written perfectly!

So, loading it nearly killed my old pc. Definitely interesting with every bit of land claimed. My first move was to choose a proposal to the United Nations. To stir things up a bit, I proposed a world ideology - freedom. Countered a bit of resistance, but nothing much was done about it. Everyone denounced Turkey, so I denounced them too to score points with other leaders. I put one spy in Moscow and one in Beijing. The world ideology proposal was passed, which means much unhappiness in non-liberty countries. Cool! But still, it's all very peaceful...

No wait, China declares war! To... India! My poor friend Singh...

Wait... What's happening? Why is the map focusing on Beijing? OMG!! INDIA NUKED BEIJING!!!

So far, so good! Well done on the mod ;) I'm going to make sure my spy in Beijing is okay now.

Hi to all

i dont know it only happens to me but game mod crashes every time when i started a war. i check all the drivers and made them updated but still same.

Barbarian King, wonderful mod I may say :).
I've just got one question: out of all the G20 countries the only one missing is Italy,
is there a reason for that? :confused:

Italy was not specifically rejected, they just didn't make it based on the qualifications I set when choosing civs. I wanted to include the major players in world politics while also representing a diverse selection of nations across the globe and including countries that would make for natural sources of conflict. I'd say the main reasons Italy didn't make the cut were because I already had a lot of European civs (4, more than any other continent except Asia) and Italy is relatively peaceful (a good thing IRL, but not as interesting gameplay-wise as having civs such as Pakistan and Iran).

This scenario definitely grabbed my attention. I started playing it right away.

I play as France, because I wanted to be right there where there could be action. Wonderfully done with all the different leaders of 2014. Also: the scenario text is written perfectly!

So, loading it nearly killed my old pc. Definitely interesting with every bit of land claimed. My first move was to choose a proposal to the United Nations. To stir things up a bit, I proposed a world ideology - freedom. Countered a bit of resistance, but nothing much was done about it. Everyone denounced Turkey, so I denounced them too to score points with other leaders. I put one spy in Moscow and one in Beijing. The world ideology proposal was passed, which means much unhappiness in non-liberty countries. Cool! But still, it's all very peaceful...

No wait, China declares war! To... India! My poor friend Singh...

Wait... What's happening? Why is the map focusing on Beijing? OMG!! INDIA NUKED BEIJING!!!

So far, so good! Well done on the mod ;) I'm going to make sure my spy in Beijing is okay now.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

how can i Changing Victory Conditions ?
i want only domination

Because this is a scenario map, victory conditions cannot be changed from an in-game menu (they are part of the map itself). If you want to change the active victory conditions, you will have to edit the map using the World Builder tool.

Hi to all

i dont know it only happens to me but game mod crashes every time when i started a war. i check all the drivers and made them updated but still same.

Do you have any other mods active simultaneously? Conflicting mods or a computer that can't handle a scenario this massive seem to be the most common cause of error for players of this mod.

Do you have any other mods active simultaneously? Conflicting mods or a computer that can't handle a scenario this massive seem to be the most common cause of error for players of this mod.

i dont use any mods. My computer specs are Intel(R) Core i7-4710HQ Cpu 2.50GHz 16GB Ram and GeForce GTX850M

i dont use any mods. My computer specs are Intel(R) Core i7-4710HQ Cpu 2.50GHz 16GB Ram and GeForce GTX850M

Well, it's good to rule out both of those issues but unfortunately it does make the problem harder to solve. My first suggestion would be to try deleting your cache if you haven't already (default location: Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/cache) and restarting your game (which will create a new cache). If that doesn't work I'll need to have you log a game that crashes and send me the xml and lua logs to see if I can spot a problem.

Pyongyang and Reykjavik show as TXT_CITY_NAME tag, and even manually edditing that in XML did not solve the issue. I wonder why...

Also there are two minor bugs: Nimitz's sprite looks like a truck and when you load Russia -- Catherine appears, although in the actual game you only see Putin ;)

EDIT: All these problems (except Catherine) disappeared after I finally bought Korean DLC. By the way -- why is Seoul 25/25 Protestant? Roughly half of the Koreans are Buddhist.

Pyongyang and Reykjavik show as TXT_CITY_NAME tag, and even manually edditing that in XML did not solve the issue. I wonder why...

Also there are two minor bugs: Nimitz's sprite looks like a truck and when you load Russia -- Catherine appears, although in the actual game you only see Putin ;)

EDIT: All these problems (except Catherine) disappeared after I finally bought Korean DLC. By the way -- why is Seoul 25/25 Protestant? Roughly half of the Koreans are Buddhist.

Sorry for the late reply, but this thread didn't show up in my subscriptions list for some reason. :confused: I'll have to look into why my patch caused those issues you were having when you didn't have the Korea DLC. And the Russia things is a bug that shows up on occasion, although it doesn't seem to be consistent to which civ it affects so I have not been able to figure out what is causing it. Usually reloading the mod fixes this for me, so I assume there is some random chance that the leader info fails to load for one of the civs that are overwrites instead of new creations. As for the Korea religious thing, it is because when I first found out how to assign religions (which requires lua script...Civ5 unfortunately is not as easy to create scenarios for as Civ4) I only knew how to convert an entire city so I had the scripts convert each city to the majority/plurality religion of the general region. I gave Korea Protestantism since the plurality of religious Koreans are Christians, and the plurality of Korean Christians are Protestant. I figured since it would be a lone outpost among all the eastern faiths that it would quickly gain an appropriate fraction of Buddhists through conversion.

Top Bottom