Earth 2014

Super excited right now! Looking forward to the update.

P.S. - I gave you a positive rating!

On mac I move your mod folder to the MODS folder in civ 5, and the maps wouldn't show up. Then I copied and pasted the maps into my maps folder, and the map shows up, but when I select it and click load scenario the leaders are still the old portraits and the old names. Also when I try to launch a map then the game just crashes. Any help would be appreciated. Never mind fixed you make a kick ass mod!

Glad to hear you got it working, especially since I'm mac illiterate, and would've been unable to help.

Super excited right now! Looking forward to the update.

P.S. - I gave you a positive rating!

Thanks! Also, I plan on uploading the update within the hour.

Did you upload it somewhere?

Yes, although I did not upload a separate update per se but rather updated the version of the mod available at all the download sources. If you installed via Steam it should automatically update the mod for you. If you installed from another source, you will have to reinstall the mod (the current download is labeled v2.3).

Sweet, thanks again dude!

I was running out of places to invade in the game I was playing as India. I let Germany, Indonesia, , Canada, and Mexico live. The rest of the world belonged to me or my city state allies by 2032. Good times. :)

For some reason, i was playing as Iran, whenever i tried to vote for something in the world congress, it didn't count my vote for whatever reason. A little help for why this is happening?

For some reason, i was playing as Iran, whenever i tried to vote for something in the world congress, it didn't count my vote for whatever reason. A little help for why this is happening?

That's odd; I don't think I've ever heard of a glitch like that. Are you playing with any other mods activated concurrently? If so, it could be causing interference. Other than that, I don't know why that is happening for you.

That's odd; I don't think I've ever heard of a glitch like that. Are you playing with any other mods activated concurrently? If so, it could be causing interference. Other than that, I don't know why that is happening for you.

I Was playing with IGE on, do you think that might of caused it?

Yeah, awesome scenario :)

Although I cannot imagine playing as USA, so easy and booring xD

I have yet to try playing as:
- Mexico, and liberating Texas & California from US occupation ;)
- Nigeria and conquering the entire Africa
- Russia and recreating USSR
- China and taking Siberia+Mongolia+Korea
- Iran/Turkey and creating muslim empire

;)

Don't bother doing that with China - lands you in a nuclear war.
Rather, pull a Han Tsu/Achilles from Shadow of the Hegemon, and conquer India + Southeast Asia

Hello, neither the gamefront nor the atomicgamer sites are working for me, anyway you host this elsewhere or is it just my pc?

Hi BK,

i would really like to play your mod but i can't if i use "Load Scenario" from Singel Player Setup it' doesn't work.
If i use the Mod Menu to start the game i get stuck in the Game Setup-Screen.
None of the Buttons work, even not the Back button.
What am i doing wrong?

Attachments

• civ_earth2014_cr.jpg
    civ_earth2014_cr.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 395
Hi BK,

i would really like to play your mod but i can't if i use "Load Scenario" from Singel Player Setup it' doesn't work.
What am i doing wrong?

Me and some other people are also having this problem. I'm using the most recent version and I even downloaded the korea fix even though I already had the dlc.

I'm completely lost why this won't work.:dunno::dunno:

Hello, neither the gamefront nor the atomicgamer sites are working for me, anyway you host this elsewhere or is it just my pc?

I don't know why Game Front isn't working for you (it still works for me), but AtmoicGamer did go offline so that link doesn't work any more. I'll see about adding another hosting site, but until then the only other option is the Steam Workshop download.

Hi BK,

What am i doing wrong?

Me and some other people are also having this problem. I'm using the most recent version and I even downloaded the korea fix even though I already had the dlc.

I'm completely lost why this won't work.:dunno::dunno:

That is strange; I don't know what would be causing that. I've attached a modified version of the modinfo file for this mod to this post that re-enables the regular set-up menu. Extract it to this mod's folder and overwrite the current modinfo file with it, then let me know if you can get the game started.

Attachments

• Earth 2014 (v 2) modinfo (modified).zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 395
I don't know why Game Front isn't working for you (it still works for me), but AtmoicGamer did go offline so that link doesn't work any more. I'll see about adding another hosting site, but until then the only other option is the Steam Workshop download.

That is strange; I don't know what would be causing that. I've attached a modified version of the modinfo file for this mod to this post that re-enables the regular set-up menu. Extract it to this mod's folder and overwrite the current modinfo file with it, then let me know if you can get the game started.

Thanks, the fix worked and I can play now. I'm having no problems so far with the scenario :)

Thanks, the fix worked and I can play now. I'm having no problems so far with the scenario :)

Glad to hear that it's working for you now.

So far I'm having lot of fun with this mod, I'm playing as Putin and conquered the turks. However, I have a question: is there any way to raze a city ? Some of them are too close together and I'd like to clear some space.

i can't choose the nattion and the difficulty. When I play, it just randomize the nattion. Can someone help me plz!!!

My apologies for the tardiness of my response. To answer the questions posted:

It would be nice if this could be played in hot seat through custom advanced set up somehow.

It would be, but I know of no way to make this possible. If I ever learn how to make this mod multiplayer, I will do it.

So far I'm having lot of fun with this mod, I'm playing as Putin and conquered the turks. However, I have a question: is there any way to raze a city ? Some of them are too close together and I'd like to clear some space.

City razing is turned off, for the dual reason that cities are rarely razed in the modern world and because I turned off settlers (leaving no way to repopulate the earth after a civ goes on a razing rampage). I turned off settlers because new cities are rarely founded nowadays and because civs with a lot of territory (such as Russia, Canada, and Australia) could become really OP if allowed to settle all their territory.

i can't choose the nattion and the difficulty. When I play, it just randomize the nattion. Can someone help me plz!!!

Do you have any other mods active simultaneously? Its possible one could be causing interference with the set-up menu. If not, please post a screenshot.

Top Bottom