Giant Maps are Unplayable in the 20th Century!

siredgar

Warlord
I am playing on Gedemon's Giant real earth map and it takes about 20 minutes for a turn. I am now in 1945... I have a brand new laptop.

Is there a Large or Huge earth map that has an enlarged Europe, Japan, Korea, etc? I want one that has Siberia and the Americas reduced. And also with realistic starting locations, but where you can choose not to have the New World civs (Americans, Iroquois, Aztecs, etc.)

But Giant maps are really unplayable later in the game. Anyone able to play normally on a Giant map? What are your computer specs?

I agree. The game was unplayable (Time and Graphical Glitches) in Vanilla for me on Large or Huge maps. However, with GnK the larger maps became a little more reasonable but still way more trouble than its worth to play.

Are you mostly concerned on how long it takes the AI's to cycle through their turns? Or just the scale/tedium of managing carpets of doom?

As for maps i've see a few like that. You'll just have to cycle through the mods and custom maps out there. I don't really dabble to much myself in special maps.

If you can't handle Giant Map then you can't handle Giant Map.... lol play the Huge Map then it is still good. I can handle the Giant Earth Map because I play on a comp which is way better than a laptop.

Mod ^

What are your specs? I've got a 3 year old machine and I've never had this game go slower than 45-60 seconds a turn, and never more than 10 seconds since a patch or two before G&K.

Top Bottom