Normal unit to Army Palette help

ZergMazter

Prince
Hello

I've looked and I know by now there are no videos on how to do this. I wanna turn a regular unit into an army unit to finish my warthog modification from the previous post.

I've also encountered walls of txt on how to do this, but after half way thru reading I couldnt understand or even knew what was being talked about :( The tutorials were also made for some other program that I dont have.

Im using Gimp which is pretty much the only program i've ever used for this kind of thing. Is there a way anyone could give me a quick tutorial on how to do this? Something as in steps 1-10, but with the Gimp program, and please not so long paragraphs. I have a problem with walls of txt, or numbers literally. I cannot read them well.

I will appreciate it so much.

Sorry I have no help to give you. I do understand your problems here. I also understand little of the "txt" explanations. So much so I have given up trying.

All these things need to be in Video form. I find this much easier to follow. This way we can put the "txt" explanation to the visual example.

Best of luck.

there is a tutorial(Thread )
;) of Vuldacon

regards
Wotan49
:coffee:

I can have a go at this if you point me to the files you want converted. I cannot guarantee swift action, since I've never done this specific conversion before, but I believe it is do-able.

Sigurd

This is the file. I dont know who made this aircraft. I've had it for some time, but if I was to guess maybe it was wyrm since he likes to build planes. Not sure if anyone would be upset to modify their files.

Anyway if you could do this that would be awesome Jorsalfare.

Wontan I think I get the basic idea behind this kind of job, but im missing middle pieces that no one explains. I know you have to change/make an army palette for the unit's flics, and once you paste the image to it, it will auto-adjust to ur new 96 colors army palette, however I keep getting lost at points such as 'Reduce the colors' or similar things, but how do you reduce the colors in the first place?

Thats basically where im stuck right now. Transition details which i have no clue how to do. I was searching on google, but I'll give that a shot.

Attachments

• A-10 Warthog.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
Sorry for the delay - Real Life sometimes has to get priority.....
Here is an attempt to make the A-10 work as an army. The original unit was made by Wyrmshadow. The rocket salvo.flc had a very different colormap, so I skipped it. I assumed you didn't use it anyway. I have checked the files both with Flicster and Civ3FlcEdit to check that the correct (custom-made) colormap is used. The files haven't been tested in-game, though, so please let me know wheather they look OK or not.

Regards Sigurd

Attachments

• A-10 with Army-palette.zip
    630 KB · Views: 28
Top Bottom