• Tanelorn Mig27.png
    Tanelorn Mig27.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 619
Thank you! Here's another reworked F5

Attachments

• Tanelorn F5 Tiger.png
    Tanelorn F5 Tiger.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 543
Or UN Squadron, my favorite coin-op arcade way back in the day.
Meet the F20 Tigershark, Shin Kazama's mount, no paintjob.

And thanks!

Attachments

• Tanelorn F20.png
    Tanelorn F20.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 443
Hi Tanelorn,

I've been adding some of your excellent air unit graphics to my current project. There are most notably your F100 Super Sabre, F-5 Tiger, A7 Corsair and A6 Intruder,

the A37 Dragonfly and my favorite the F111 Aardvark.

With regards the Dragonfly would you happen to have a version using the colors of the South Vietnamese airforce, i.e. http://vnafmamn.com/decals/A-37_FrofileMarking2.jpg?

Would you also happen to have in your collection a B-57 Canberra, i.e. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_B-57_Canberra ?

I think (think is the operative here) I have an old MGE Canberra from an old Cold War scenario I did back in the Apolyton days. Do you think that would be enough to work from to spruce it up, or will you hold out for a potential new one?

Thanks Tanelorn and Patine. I appreciate any help you can provide.

I've been working hard recently on filing in my unit gap (especially the infantry) for my scenario and have been relatively pleased with the results though I can't guarantee the uniform authenticity. I will post what I have on my development thread soon.

Three Cessna dragonflies.

The NVAf I included with a Reagan era "back to'Nam" crazy "what if"scenario in mind.

What about this style of infantry?

I mean, the lizard pattern needs a tweak (brown to black) but looks like 'Nam to me.

Like so:

Attachments

• Tanelorn A37.png
    Tanelorn A37.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 815
  • Tanelorn Greek SF 80s.png
    Tanelorn Greek SF 80s.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 839
  • Tanelorn Vietnam GI.png
    Tanelorn Vietnam GI.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 844
Hi Tanelorn,

Your A37's are perfect! Thanks' so much.

Your infantry units are quite nice and are in the same pattern I've been basing mine on (I've been using Fairline's Arab-Israeli units as a basis since they are from the same time period). In order of appearance, US Infantry 1965, USMC, US Airborne, US Special forces, US Air Cav and ANZAC infantry.

I'm looking to build a VC MG unit similar to this model,

but based on my graphical style (in order, VC Local, VC Main Force, VC Mortar and VC Sapper),

Are you able to reproduce it? My artistic "talent's" are sadly limited to modifying existing units, not building them from scratch.

Once I post my full unit spread on my development thread you will see there are few other units I could use some help with, most notably Pathet Lao and Khmer Rouge infantry and some 57mm and 85mm AA guns.

Attachments

• VC.png
    VC.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 784
  • VC MG.png
    VC MG.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 827
  • US and ANZAC.png
    US and ANZAC.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 858
These are all excellent units tootall. :goodjob:
Sure, I ll do it. Is that a DShK on wheels?
That GI was too dark, so I fixed it, regardless.

What I really want to make now is a headband dude firing an M60 from the hip. Cheesy?

Attachments

• Tanelorn Vietnam GI.png
    Tanelorn Vietnam GI.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 784
Tanelorn & Tootall,

I think these US troops all look too generic. I would advise giving them lots of character, flack jackets, lucky strikes in the helmet band, helmet covers, knapsacks, grenades and mosquito repellent etc... I would also ask you to consider altering the stance. The US soldiers right leg looks twisted to me. I prefer the wide stance in the examples below.

I love the M14. It looks mean!

Below are some of my favourite units from my own attempt at a Nam scenario. They would need modernising, but they have the right feel to them:

I especially like the Marine with the helmet cover, flack jacket and M14.

Attachments

• NamIdeas.png
    NamIdeas.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 868
All very valid points, advice taken.
I can do flak jackets, sure. Camo BDU's for non-SF units were uncommon.
I didn't actually change his stance, instead of highlighting by hand I took a shortcut & toggled shadow and highlight instead. It is faster and mostly you can't tell the difference (ahem...). It does have a tubular like side effect, "pillowing" so you can say the leg is twisting.
So, yes, you always have to lean into the rifle to shoot (especially with the M14) so here are two variations: Gareth's original lunging forward stance, and a 90 degree to the ground version.

Your NVAs are spot on regulations shooters.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Vietnam GI shooting stance.png
    Tanelorn Vietnam GI shooting stance.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 806
I prefer these new stances. More aggressive and more realistic. Whilst I'm giving suggestions could I add that the length of the M16 makes it look more like a modern M4 than the longer Vietnam era AR15 original. You could also add the silver/grey 20 round Nam issue magazine. I would suggest making the helmet cover band darker and possibly tuck a packet of Marlborough in there (red & white dots) do the trick. The helmet cover was often lighter in colour than the uniform. Another feature of Vietnam era Infantry (IE non-Airborne) is the amount of equipment thay had to carry. A large backpack, M60 ammo, claymores, lots of water, mosquito repellent, sweat towel, shovel, WP grenades, ammo bandoleers and sometimes a LAW! Basically a pack mule with an M16!! The Airborne would have been slightly lighter equipped. Another striking feature was the baggy trousers contrasting with the tight jungle boots.

They carried claymores? Aren't claymores a type of Medieval sword, or am I thinking of something else?

@Patine,

I'm sure some crazy bastard carried a sword around Nam with him, but I doubt it was a claymore!

The M18 Claymore directional mine was a really nasty piece of kit, perfect for defending perimeters. The mine stood upright on legs that were driven into the ground. It could be triggered by a tripwire or by a wired detonator. When detonated it blasted out around 700 steel balls which would have a devastating giant shotgun like effect on anyone unfortunate to be within its arc of fire!

Top Bottom