Still don't get python, need help finding error.

Thanatosimii

Chieftain
Warlords' Rise of Rome mod included a research a tech, get a great person idea that I've been trying to clone in other mods, but I can't seem to isolate the code I need.

In assets\python\CvRiseOfRomeEventManager.py we have
Code:
#		if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTechInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_WARLORD"):
		if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTechInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_MERCHANT"):
			gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).initUnit(iMerchant, pCapitalCity.getX(), pCapitalCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.UNITAI_MERCHANT)
		if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTechInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_SCIENTIST"):
			gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).initUnit(iScientist, pCapitalCity.getX(), pCapitalCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.UNITAI_SCIENTIST)	
		if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTechInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_ARTIST"):
			gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).initUnit(iArtist, pCapitalCity.getX(), pCapitalCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.UNITAI_ARTIST)
		if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTechInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_PROPHET"):
			gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).initUnit(iProphet, pCapitalCity.getX(), pCapitalCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.UNITAI_PROPHET)
		if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTechInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_ENGINEER"):
			gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).initUnit(iEngineer, pCapitalCity.getX(), pCapitalCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.UNITAI_ENGINEER)

and in assets\xml\technologies\Civ4TechInfos.xml we have
Code:
		<TechInfo>
			<Type>TECH_ROR_TRAIN_PROPHET</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_TECH_ROR_TRAIN_PROPHET</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_TECH_ROR_TRAIN_PROPHET_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
			<Help/>
			<Strategy>TXT_KEY_TECH_ROR_TRAIN_PROPHET_STRATEGY</Strategy>
			<Advisor>ADVISOR_GROWTH</Advisor>
			<iAIWeight>0</iAIWeight>
			<iAITradeModifier>0</iAITradeModifier>
			<iCost>1000</iCost>
			<Era>ERA_CLASSICAL</Era>
			<FirstFreeUnitClass>NONE</FirstFreeUnitClass>
			<iFeatureProductionModifier>0</iFeatureProductionModifier>
			<iWorkerSpeedModifier>0</iWorkerSpeedModifier>
			<iTradeRoutes>0</iTradeRoutes>
			<iHealth>0</iHealth>
			<iHappiness>0</iHappiness>
			<iFirstFreeTechs>0</iFirstFreeTechs>
			<iAsset>16</iAsset>
			<iPower>4</iPower>
			<bRepeat>1</bRepeat>
			<bTrade>0</bTrade>
			<bDisable>0</bDisable>
			<bGoodyTech>0</bGoodyTech>
			<bExtraWaterSeeFrom>0</bExtraWaterSeeFrom>
			<bMapCentering>0</bMapCentering>
			<bMapVisible>0</bMapVisible>
			<bMapTrading>0</bMapTrading>
			<bTechTrading>0</bTechTrading>
			<bGoldTrading>0</bGoldTrading>
			<bOpenBordersTrading>0</bOpenBordersTrading>
			<bDefensivePactTrading>0</bDefensivePactTrading>
			<bPermanentAllianceTrading>0</bPermanentAllianceTrading>
			<bVassalTrading>0</bVassalTrading>
			<bBridgeBuilding>0</bBridgeBuilding>
			<bIrrigation>0</bIrrigation>
			<bIgnoreIrrigation>0</bIgnoreIrrigation>
			<bWaterWork>0</bWaterWork>
			<iGridX>1</iGridX>
			<iGridY>1</iGridY>
			<DomainExtraMoves/>
			<CommerceFlexible/>
			<TerrainTrades/>
			<Flavors>
				<Flavor>
					<FlavorType>FLAVOR_RELIGION</FlavorType>
					<iFlavor>1</iFlavor>
				</Flavor>
			</Flavors>
			<OrPreReqs/>
			<AndPreReqs/>
			<Quote>TXT_KEY_TECH_PRIESTHOOD_QUOTE</Quote>
			<Sound>AS2D_TECH_PRIESTHOOD</Sound>
			<SoundMP>AS2D_TECH_MP_PRIESTHOOD</SoundMP>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/GreatProphet.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,5,1</Button>
		</TechInfo>

So I transposed these into the chineese unification mod, but nothing happens. I don't really know python. I'm assuming that I'm missing something. Anyone notice anything?

Put the python code you post in [ CODE ] [ /CODE ] tags so that the tabing is preserved, tabing is very important in python.

If you want EVERYONE to get it, then you want to use the Python:

Code:
if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTec hInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_SCIENTIST"):
    gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).initUnit(iScientist, pCapitalCity.getX(), pCapitalCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.UNITAI_SCIENTIST)

This placed in the def section for completion of research would check if that research they just completed was TECH_ROR_TRAIN_SCIENTIST and if so, give them a Scientist unit (identified earlier and stored as iScientist). In the case of normal BtS you would use a normal tech type, like TECH_AGRICULTURE.

If you only want to reward the first person to discover the tech, use the XML field <FirstFreeUnitClass>NONE</FirstFreeUnitClass> and replace NONE with something like UNIT_SCIENTIST.

Let's start further back.
a. Turn on python exceptions and logging. Probably you have a syntax error.
b. You didn't post the rest of your changed code. Possibly you put the correct code you showed, into the wrong place.
c. After you turn on exceptions and logging and ensure you have no syntax error, you should add a print statement just above the code you showed to make sure the routine is being called when you expect it.

Ok, I changed to code, and here is the context of the code I modified in Chineese unification.

Code:
	def onTechAcquired(self, argsList):
		'Tech Acquired'
		iTechType, iTeam, iPlayer, bAnnounce = argsList
		# Note that iPlayer may be NULL (-1) and not a refer to a player object
		pCapitalCity = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).getCapitalCity()
		iMerchant = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),"UNIT_MERCHANT")
		iScientist = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),"UNIT_SCIENTIST")
		iArtist = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),"UNIT_ARTIST")
		iProphet = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),"UNIT_PROPHET")
		iEngineer = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo,gc.getNumUnitInfos(),"UNIT_ENGINEER")

# Show tech splash when applicable
		if (iPlayer > -1 and bAnnounce and not CyInterface().noTechSplash()):
			if (gc.getGame().isFinalInitialized() and not gc.getGame().GetWorldBuilderMode()):
				if ((not CyGame().isNetworkMultiPlayer()) and (iPlayer == CyGame().getActivePlayer())):
					popupInfo = CyPopupInfo()
					popupInfo.setButtonPopupType(ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_PYTHON_SCREEN)
					popupInfo.setData1(iTechType)
					popupInfo.setText(u"showTechSplash")
					popupInfo.addPopup(iPlayer)

#               if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTechInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_WARLORD"):
		if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTechInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_MERCHANT"):
			gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).initUnit(iMerchant, pCapitalCity.getX(), pCapitalCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.UNITAI_MERCHANT)
		if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTechInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_SCIENTIST"):
		if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTechInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_ARTIST"):
			gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).initUnit(iArtist, pCapitalCity.getX(), pCapitalCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.UNITAI_ARTIST)
		if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTechInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_PROPHET"):
			gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).initUnit(iProphet, pCapitalCity.getX(), pCapitalCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.UNITAI_PROPHET)
		if iTechType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getTechInfo,gc.getNumTechInfos(),"TECH_ROR_TRAIN_ENGINEER"):
			gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).initUnit(iEngineer, pCapitalCity.getX(), pCapitalCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.UNITAI_ENGINEER)

if (not self.__LOG_TECH):
			return
		CvUtil.pyPrint('%s was finished by Team %d' 
			%(PyInfo.TechnologyInfo(iTechType).getDescription(), iTeam))

I'm really new to python, so I'm not exactly sure how to turn on exceptions and logging.

Top Bottom