2 Civilization ideas: Galicia and Bhutan

Champi27

Proletarian
Kingdom of Galicia - Afonso III
Spoiler :

UA: Cantares Gallegos: +25% Great Writer Generation. Each city has a free slot for a Great Work of Literature. Each Great Work of Literature provides a +5% Combat Strength when fighting civilizations that control a Galician city (up to a maximum of 100%).

UU: Knight of Santiago: Considers the Great Prophets as Great Generals, and earns Faith after killing a unit of a civilization with a different religion that the Capital's religion. Replaces the Longswordsman.

UB: Pazo: Provides +4 Gold for each Great Person born in the city and not used. Replaces the Opera House.

Kingdom of Bhutan - Ugyen Wangchuck
Spoiler :

UA: Man of the People: After making an agreement with other civilization, the empire has +1 Happiness for 10 turns."We love the king" days last twice and conquered cities oppose half resistance.

UU: Shabdrung Guard: May purchase Upgrades with Faith and has a combat bonus if the city where it was trained has a “We love the king” day. Replaces the Swordsman.
UB: Dzong: Provides +1 Faith and +1 Happiness in the city. Replaces the Castle.

I've actually got my own Bhutan in the design phase, though it's quite different from yours.

Bhutan - Jigme Singye Wangchuck
(I chose Singye because even though he's quite modern [and quite alive], he did modernize the kingdom and reach out to the world. Though of course, there's many other more fitting leaders, and I may be persuaded to another one.)
Unique Ability: Druk Tsendhen
Territory owned may not stay revealed to other Civilizations, unless they have a Declaration of Friendship with Bhutan. Upon declaring friendship, both Bhutan and its friend gain +2 Happiness.
(I'll probably only be able to do this UA if LastSword is willing to let me use the "un-revealable territory" idea that he originally came up with for his Kongo civ. And if it's actually possible for someone to code.)
Unique Unit: Dapon
Provides a combat bonus to adjacent Ranged units, may move 3 tiles per turn, and is never obsolete, unlike the Archer it replaces.
(The Shabdrung Guard sounds pretty cool, but the Dapon would still be a lot easier to code, and fits given the importance of archery, even in modern day, in Bhutanese culture.)
Unique Improvement: Dzong
Unlocked with Theology. May only be built on Hills, and not next to another Dzong. +1 Culture, +1 Faith, and 50% Defense for units stationed in the Dzong, with all of those yields doubled (including defense) if next to a Mountain. +1 Culture with Flight, or maybe Architecture?
(This lovely thing is probably the only reason I haven't started Bhutan yet, and why I'm hesitant to do so. This just wouldn't be right without a custom 3D model, but the only UI modeler, Leugi, in the community is away. And when he gets back, there's gonna be a LOT of stuff for him to do, and nothing still guarantees that he'd even want to do a model. I could probably get away with using Himeji Castle's model, but it just wouldn't be the same..)

Both ideas are great, though!

Well, I have finished some art for Galicia, and I hope in 2 or 3 weeks the mod can be finished. Oppinions?
Spoiler :
Afonso III - Galicia
Knight of Santiago - Pazo

And Afonso's scene

The civ colors need to be changed, but otherwise looks pretty awesome.

I've actually got my own Bhutan in the design phase, though it's quite different from yours.

Bhutan - Jigme Singye Wangchuck
(I chose Singye because even though he's quite modern [and quite alive], he did modernize the kingdom and reach out to the world. Though of course, there's many other more fitting leaders, and I may be persuaded to another one.)
Unique Ability: Druk Tsendhen
Territory owned may not stay revealed to other Civilizations, unless they have a Declaration of Friendship with Bhutan. Upon declaring friendship, both Bhutan and its friend gain +2 Happiness.
(I'll probably only be able to do this UA if LastSword is willing to let me use the "un-revealable territory" idea that he originally came up with for his Kongo civ. And if it's actually possible for someone to code.)
Unique Unit: Dapon
Provides a combat bonus to adjacent Ranged units, may move 3 tiles per turn, and is never obsolete, unlike the Archer it replaces.
(The Shabdrung Guard sounds pretty cool, but the Dapon would still be a lot easier to code, and fits given the importance of archery, even in modern day, in Bhutanese culture.)
Unique Improvement: Dzong
Unlocked with Theology. May only be built on Hills, and not next to another Dzong. +1 Culture, +1 Faith, and 50% Defense for units stationed in the Dzong, with all of those yields doubled (including defense) if next to a Mountain. +1 Culture with Flight, or maybe Architecture?
(This lovely thing is probably the only reason I haven't started Bhutan yet, and why I'm hesitant to do so. This just wouldn't be right without a custom 3D model, but the only UI modeler, Leugi, in the community is away. And when he gets back, there's gonna be a LOT of stuff for him to do, and nothing still guarantees that he'd even want to do a model. I could probably get away with using Himeji Castle's model, but it just wouldn't be the same..)

Both ideas are great, though!

Sorry for asking but what is a Dapon? Google really doesn't bring up any results.

Sorry for asking but what is a Dapon? Google really doesn't bring up any results.

From the wikipedia page of Bhutan's Military History:
During the Bhutanese period of theocratic rule (1616–1907), there was no regular standing army. The bow and arrow were among the principal means of arming the population during frequent upheavals and invasions. During times of crisis, the government raised militias from among local lords' retinues, all commanded by one dapon ("arrow chief"), a title used through modern times.
And to prove to the world that my Bhutan isn't going to go the way of my Scotland (dead before arrival), here's an icon for the Dapon that I did a while ago.

I'm loving both these ideas.
Honestly, I think there should just be a thread made specifically for Civ ideas.

There is a thread.

Also, those colors for Bhutan would likely need to be changed - we're super over-saturated on red/yellow civs.

You could make the Logo white background with gold holy grail. That would allow you to keep the holy grail golden.

Wouldn't that be too close to Assyria though?

Wouldn't that be too close to Assyria though?

Assyria is orange on yellow.
I meant yellow on white.

However, if blue is the traditional colour, it should be blue.

Edit: You don't have to use this if you don't want to, but i like making icons. So i did this

Just realised the Alfonso icon has a weird gradient around it. Shouldn't be hard to fix though.

Assyria is orange on yellow.
I meant yellow on white.

However, if blue is the traditional colour, it should be blue.

Edit: You don't have to use this if you don't want to, but i like making icons. So i did this

Just realised the Alfonso icon has a weird gradient around it. Shouldn't be hard to fix though.

Great, I like your knight of Santiago icon a lot, I'll see how do the rest fit in the game when I code everything, but that icon :goodjob:

Also, I have here the icons and scene for Bhutan (maybe a bit worst than Galician ones):
Spoiler :
Ugyen Wangchuck-Bhutan
Shabdrung Guard-Dzong

And here Ugyen Wangchuck

Do you prefer Ugyen's icon style or scene's one?

Honestly you need to work on the clothing in the Galician and Bhutan leader screens. But the faces are really good. I prefer the Bhutan Leader screen appearance.

Agreed ^. Looks like the clothes were manually drawn in, which I wouldn't recommend.
But HOLY CRAP Firebug :wow: I definitely need to steel one of those UC icons for something as soon as I figure out what. (I've got an idea...)

Agreed ^. Looks like the clothes were manually drawn in, which I wouldn't recommend.
But HOLY CRAP Firebug :wow: I definitely need to steel one of those UC icons for something as soon as I figure out what. (I've got an idea...)

Rather then steal it, i could just make one for something you need. XD

Top Bottom