Gifting units to the AI is fun.

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
Hiawatha was becoming a runaway Civ compared to the other AIs in my last game and was intent on conquering everyone, and would have easily destroyed Sweden. So I gifted Sweden about a dozen rocket artillery with march and watched the tide turn :D.

Hiawatha soon gave up, but then attacked Inca instead who are even weaker, so now I need to crank out another horde of rocket artillery to give to him.

This way everyone stays friendly with me, and destroy one another.

Nononononono.... gifting units to City-States in a game with No City Razing is fun.

Spoiler :
Note: Screenshot from vanilla, principle still holds

Ermahgawd, does each one on those conquered cities function as a separate cultural city state?

The joy of being a chess master.

Ah, the gift of Rocket Artillery. I know it well. Good job!

Don't you have to have open borders to gift units to a CIV?

I have a real hard time getting open borders. I wish I could tell them, 'if you give me open borders I'll block access to your cities from the invaders' but they're not interested.

I've got to try no city razing from now on, and pumping out artillery to gift to the city states.

Artillery are so fun to use... Range and logistics promoted artilleries are always fun to use also..

I rarely get those, I just pump out march and morale artillery with Brandenburg gate.

Don't you have to have open borders to gift units to a CIV?

I have a real hard time getting open borders. I wish I could tell them, 'if you give me open borders I'll block access to your cities from the invaders' but they're not interested.

I've found trading open borders to be difficult, but if you offer 2gold per turn for their borders to open, they take it every time unless they don't like you. When they decide they want your borders open, you can always get 2gold per turn in return, even if they offer only 1. Most the time, they don't care about your borders when you trade for theirs.

If they won't take 2gpt or even 3, you have some diplomacy issue to deal with.

You can gift units to other civs by just having open boarders??? Hmm... Have to try that :hatsoff:

Well obviously I already had OB and a DOF with Sweden otherwise I wouldn't have bothered intervening.

Top Bottom