Back to Back

He/last player replayed his turn & saved it before deleting prior send-to file. :hammer2:
Must delete the send-to-next-player file, THEN replay or re-save his turn.

Be patient with me, only just started doing this, and just in time too it seems with gamespy shutting down the lobby!

Really the gamespy lobby got shut down? Oh no, how am I going to play my once or twice a year live games??? :(

Really the gamespy lobby got shut down? Oh no, how am I going to play my once or twice a year live games??? :(

Over Direct IP-Connection or Hamachi. Really it's only going to be a problem if you want to join random pubs.

Not going till end of May so some time yet. I like to play the online teamers there which are easier to set up on the lobby but it is the same 30 faces or so so that won't be too hard to hamachi up. However the regular FFA matches will be quite a loss. A lot of them probably won't bother moving over to other matchmaking methods. A rather disappointing outcome. When I have a decent internet connection I generally play a few games a week. Gonna have to find a different game now. Tempted to reinstall generals...

Updated game speed #'s for last 2 months' action/progress.
Which is the fastest group of players, now…so far? :scan:

Calculated turns per day / days per turn thru today for the games I'm in.
Starting with oldest…
"18-but-not-Earth" = .26 / 3.8
"Tri Civ" = .18 / 5.4
"Octofish" = .33 / 3.1
"Redofish" = .2 / 4.9
"Instant Karma" = .52 / 1.9
"3rd Tribe" = .43 / 2.3
"Civ Fix" = .51 / 2.
"Back 2 Back" = .38 / 2.7

Congratulations "Instant Karma", these fast players are back to #1! :goodjob:
However, "18-but-not-Earth", continues as the long running qik group! :hatsoff:

"Bak 2 Bak" is off to a really slow start. Seems teamates are talking more than moving?
"Redofish"… remains sadly slow. :sad: Let's pick it up gents(!?).

I'm gonna play adrenliners turn for him - how do i download it if it isn't emailed to me? We have been chatting a fair bit but it hasn't been moving too slowly... After the initial settle ATM we can pretty much know what we are gonna do for the next load of turns surely?

Yes, there's a link to "view turns" on the game page and you can download the turns from there, even if they're not yours

Yes & if one goes back to the 1st turn(bc4000) U can open ANYONE's file!! :eek:
I noted my nice, trusting teamate has NOT p/w'd his file yet (as some of U probably know). Not only revealing any & all details of his civ, but MINE also! :cry:

In the interest of full transparency... Upon further investigation, slow/dumb/naive me discovered anyone can open & look at everyone else's bc4000 file! With the further bonus, if file is 2nd teamate's, of viewing ALL info about 1st teamate's choices. Tech, location, units, buildings, EVERYTHING! :woohoo:

NOT GOOD guys. :cringe:
I for 1, want (demand?) a complete restart.

And can someone tell all of us how players can p/w protect the beginning/bc4000 file from being opened by ANYONE?
Is there a way? Or does Tracker need a patch to elim/destroy/delete 1st turn files that can't seemingly be p/w'd?

In the interest of full transparency... Upon further investigation, slow/dumb/naive me discovered anyone can open & look at everyone else's bc4000 file! With the further bonus, if file is 2nd teamate's, of viewing ALL info about 1st teamate's choices. Tech, location, units, buildings, EVERYTHING! :woohoo:

NOT GOOD guys. :cringe:
I for 1, want (demand?) a complete restart.

And can someone tell all of us how players can p/w protect the beginning/bc4000 file from being opened by ANYONE?
Is there a way? Or does Tracker need a patch to elim/destroy/delete 1st turn files that can't seemingly be p/w'd?

I'm not sure how important this is that early in the game. After all, most of us will have the tech in question before we ever actually meet in the game. Won't we?

See, and that is exactly the reason why in my games I only ever start using the Tracker from the second turn onward at the earliest.

I'm nor really in favor of restarting now, I like my start, and Nighthawk's for that matter.

I can see two possible situation for this problem, that is if we can't delete the initial saves from the website:

1. Everyone promises to not open any other player's savegame and operate on a honor system or
2. Everyone is allowed to take a look at every 4000BC save like it would be if this were a scenario.

The question is, did anyone do this and take a sneak peak at other people's games? This is just a fun game between fellow players who enjoy playing civs. This is not a competition, there is no prize for the winner, so there is no reason to try to cheat like that unless you're just a bad sport.

The unfortunate reality is that there are more ways to exploit the pbem system beyond loading a un-passworded 4000 BC that are potentially more exploitative, like replaying a turn if a combat doesn't go your way and other similar shenanigans. At some point you just kinda have to get over it and trust that people are playing honorably and are not taking advantage of these kinds of flaws, otherwise you're not going to have much fun.

I don't think 4000 BC save files being available warrants a restart. Like Osbiath said, this is just supposed to be a fun game and not super competitive so it would be ridiculous for any one to try to (somehow?) exploit that. I'd like to believe that none of the people I play with here do that. Plus I'm not sure exactly how much value one could really get from it anyway. Whatever the case, I can delete them from the database, if Osbiath (as the game admin) wants me to.

kenwyn, your teammate really ought to password protect their future saves so this doesn't create more drama in the future (and if you're really concerned about game security, maybe try to discuss it with him in private next time instead of blabbing to the entire thread that he hasn't passworded his game ;-) )

Top Bottom