Can't gift worker to city state.

Attila the Hun just captured Vancouver that was allied to me and providing me food and resources.

I declare war with Attila immediately and retake Vancouver and return its city state status.

The following turn I try to gift a worker that I captured while retaking Vancouver, but I see no option to do so. I can gift any military unit without issue.

Is this broken? or has it always been this way? or bugged?

-=Mark=-

You've never been able to gift a civilian unit to a CS. Sweden can gift Great Persons to CSs, but that is limited to GPs, not other civilian units.

My goal was to help them repair improvements and get them on their feet again. I couldn't build/repair them myself, so I thought I'd gift them a worker to help aid them, but it's taboo in this game.

Anyway, I just gifted them 500 to help buy themselves some help.

Thanks
-=Mark=-

My goal was to help them repair improvements and get them on their feet again. I couldn't build/repair them myself, so I thought I'd gift them a worker to help aid them, but it's taboo in this game.

Anyway, I just gifted them 500 to help buy themselves some help.

Thanks
-=Mark=-

You CAN pay them to immediately improve it. Under the "give a gift" section, you should be able to gift 200 gold to improve a resource.

Yep, it's always been this way.

Which is a bit silly, I think.

I disagree. Workers are silly cheap late game, so you can churn out one per turn from each city (and probably get some overflow if your production is especially high). Have 2 cities just making and gifting workers, and you could go up by 10 influence per turn.

Other units' production costs scale, obviously preventing you from doing this.

Top Bottom