JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Unfortunately, I will be happier with Peter than with Catherine for Russia, so I can't agree on that. :p

No, I 'd agree with you that Catherine isn't a better than Peter, but if we have to ill a female quota, I feel it makes sense keep Catherine. That opens up better male leaders for other countries, like Phillip II for Spain as opposed to Isabella. Anyway, even though Peter is a good choice, it would be awesome if you guys could add Catherine to the game as a mod for some leader variety (Sorry for putting Civ 6 mod requests on a Civ 5 thread:D)!

Is there any way to get all of your civs in 1 download, JFD?

I want them all and don't feel like taking time to download them all individually...

As opposed to Catherine ''The Great'' :p

They are both Great, but it's much easier to explain why Peter was Great compared to Catherine. One of them radically changed the face of Russia, modernized it and later demolished the great power of Sweden. The other was the leader during one of the most stable period of Russian history and is known for spreading the Enlightenment ideals.

Even in Russia everybody knows about Peter the Great, while Catherine isn't very well known by the general public.

Is there any way to get all of your civs in 1 download, JFD?

I want them all and don't feel like taking time to download them all individually...

No, for reasons explained on numerous occasions before.

Catherine isn't very well known by the general public.

I had no idea that was the case. I assumed otherwise. In which case, Peter would make far more sense as the leader for Russia than Catherine, as choosing the right leaders for public reaction is important to the sales of these games.

What does the Russian public think of Ivan IV? Because to me, he seems to be more in line with the 'big personalities' idea which is supposed to be key to Civ 6.

I had no idea that was the case. I assumed otherwise. In which case, Peter would make far more sense as the leader for Russia than Catherine, as choosing the right leaders for public reaction is important to the sales of these games.

What does the Russian public think of Ivan IV? Because to me, he seems to be more in line with the 'big personalities' idea which is supposed to be key to Civ 6.

During the Soviet era historians favored strong iconic leaders like Peter or Ivan IV, linking their autocratic regimes to the contemporary communist leaders. They weren't praised for their repressions against peasants or commoners (Peter had some very ruthless policies and Ivan was terrifying later in his life), but their images were used as symbols of the strong leadership in Russia. Catherine, on the other hand, wasn't charismatic enough for them and was criticized for being an autocratic monarch, despite her numerous efforts to spread new ideals in Russia.

As the result of Soviet historigraphy, Peter is very well known as a man who made Russia great again, while Catherine was lumped along with other XVIII century Russian leaders. She gains more popularity today, as history books shift away from Soviet outright propaganda aproach (yes, I know) and give her much more credit than before. One of the Russia's largest cities is named after her (Yekaterinburg) following the restoration of imperial city names.

As for Ivan IV, he is very well known in Russia as the symbol of autocraty in Russian Tsardom. He is both given credit (he actually did quite a lot of great things for Russia during his first decades on the throne) and criticized as an insane maniac who terrorized his own subjects. He would be welcomed as Civ 6 leader, but he doesn't hold the most positive image of a Russian monarch - that would go to either Peter the Great or Alexander II.

Well, I think well-known is not the only criteria to choose the leader(and many other things). To some extent, it is the responsibility(not the best word, though) of a history-related game like Civilization to teach people some history knowledge which is not so well-known, instead of just showing something people already familiar with.

Many people don't know Chu-Ko-Nu before AoE2, many people never heared of Doppelsöldner before AoE3. It will be great if Catherine(Both the French one and Russian one) become well-known after Civ6.

Just played a game with Prussia. Seems the Death Head Hassar cannot attack. It says they are a ranged unit but dont seem to have any ability to attack an enemy. Is this intended?

Well, I think well-known is not the only criteria to choose the leader(and many other things). To some extent, it is the responsibility(not the best word, though) of a history-related game like Civilization to teach people some history knowledge which is not so well-known, instead of just showing something people already familiar with.

Many people don't know Chu-Ko-Nu before AoE2, many people never heared of Doppelsöldner before AoE3. It will be great if Catherine(Both the French one and Russian one) become well-known after Civ6.

Couldn't agree more. I love that so many of great leaders we otherwise wouldn't have known about have been brought to our attention by modding in general too.

Could someone please post the link to where it explains why New Kingdom (Hatshepsut) was removed from Steam Workshop?

Nevermind! I located the answer to my question.

New Question: If we do send a friend's request, will we get the workshop version?

It seems like that the Empire becomes very quiet. I guess JFD is at the moment very busy with uni stuff? But just a little question: Is the [REDACTED] civ the next coming civ or did the plans change? And is
Spoiler :
Justinian's Rome
the [REDACTED] civ?

It seems like that the Empire becomes very quiet. I guess JFD is at the moment very busy with uni stuff? But just a little question: Is the [REDACTED] civ the next coming civ or did the plans change? And is
Spoiler :
Justinian's Rome
the [REDACTED] civ?

Maybe, maybe not. There is no clue for Justinian except for a leader art on Janboruta's facebook page.

Top Bottom