Should Italy be a full civ in BNW?

Should Italy be represented as a full civ in BNW, in any form?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsintheRed

Deity
There is the other poll to decide which form of Italy is the most popular, but IMO this poll is needed too
It's a prerequisite for the other one after all

Italy in any form means: any of the bigger states in the region, or the united Italy:
Italy, Republic of Venice, Republic of Genoa, Kingdom of Sicily, Papal States, Florence, Naples, etc...

You beat me to it. I was just about to post mine. Still, a good idea to have one, considering that opinion is more strongly divided than I expected.

If it were in the form of Venice #1. If Papal States #2. Otherwise, #3. Based upon that, I still voted for the first one.

You beat me to it. I was just about to post mine. Still, a good idea to have one, considering that opinion is more strongly divided than I expected.

If it were in the form of Venice #1. If Papal States #2. Otherwise, #3.

I thought that which "version" of an Italy civ is the most popular shouldn't appear here at all
We have your poll exactly for that after all

I thought that which "version" of an Italy civ is the most popular shouldn't appear here at all

I mean that my choice for this poll would depend specifically what form Italy would take in the expansion. My answer is still valid, but I just wanted to point out that if Venice or the Papal States were precluded, then I wouldn't actually care. I know that's not what you've asked, but I just felt the need to indicate it.

I agree, although as JFD points out, someone who wants Republic of Venice might well vote "no" in this poll due to how the poll is presented.

I'm less certain that we need one option that indicates extreme enthusiasm, but that's a small matter.

I voted the second option. Worthy addition. If we have an expansion that focuses on cultural victory through tourism and great works of art, it would be great to have a civilization that hooks into those features. With a suitable design, Italy could be the quintessential culture/tourism, small/tall civ.

The birthplace of opera (and the opera house), as well Sistine Chapel, Leaning Tower, St. Peter's Cathedral, Mona Lisa, David...and a heckuva lot more. it's a great fit.

I mean that my choice for this poll would depend specifically what form Italy would take in the expansion. My answer is still valid, but I just wanted to point out that if Venice or the Papal States were precluded, then I wouldn't actually care. I know that's not what you've asked, but I just felt the need to indicate it.

I agree, although as JFD points out, someone who wants Republic of Venice might well vote "no" in this poll due to how the poll is presented.

Yeah, but I didn't want to have too many options
There are too many possible Italian civs: Italy, Republic of Venice, Republic of Genoa, Papal States, Kingdom of Sicily, Kingdom of the Lombards, Duchy/Kingdom of Naples, Florence, Milan, the list could go on...
Creating a yes, a no, and an indifferent option for them would have been way too confusing
Everyone should vote for this summarized version, based on what is closer to his overall thoughts about the Italian civs

I'm less certain that we need one option that indicates extreme enthusiasm, but that's a small matter.
That's only for flavor :)
The first two options count as yes, the last two as no

Yeah, but I didn't want to have too many options
There are too many possible Italian civs: Italy, Republic of Venice, Republic of Genoa, Papal States, Kingdom of Sicily, Kingdom of the Lombards, Duchy/Kingdom of Naples, Florence, Milan, the list could go on...
Creating a yes, a no, and an indifferent option for them would have been way too confusing
Everyone should vote for this summarized version, based on what is closer to his overall thoughts about the Italian civs

That's only for flavor :)
The first two options count as yes, the last two as no
And you do mention the other "versions" in the OP. That's fair.

And you do mention the other "versions" in the OP. That's fair.

I planned to mention at least some of the possible civs in the poll question too
Unfortunately there was no room for that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom