Help with RoM AND scenario making.

I would like to understand that too. You mean that because:

1- With Revolutions on, the Hungarian part could one day revolt and really be Hungary, and not a random new civilization.

2- With Assimilation on, The Hungarian part would keep being able to build Hungary's UU and UB.

3- Both previous options together

4- Something different that I didn't consider here (added or not to options 1 & 2)

Sorry, if I was not clear enough :crazyeye:
I thought of option 3.
I always play with Rev. and Assimilation on. If one turns off either it just does not matter.

Not everyone does though is the thing. I will make sure that when I release it that their is a recommended options list though. For example for greater historic accuracy this scenario would best be played with Revolutions on.

OMG! All 3 maps of 1900 I've already found are wrong, how can this be? I remember when I was at school and teachers were explaining us about the Paraguay War or War of the Triple Alliance. It was a war where Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay allied against the Paraguayan dictatorship because their Dictator wanted to increase Paraguay's borders on Brazil.

What was funny though is that all maps were historically wrong on our official books. I found that because of this:

This is a map of the Chaco War (1932-1935) between Paraguay and Bolivia. Paraguay was the winner and got that huge part for it. But all maps displayed to us already had that part, and Paraguay was displayed exactly as it is today.

And all maps that I found now in my quick search do that as well.

This will be harder then it looks, but I may guarantee to you a good map of South America.

BTW, do you have an idea which countries of South America your map will have? Just to make things clear I'll give a list of possible candidates:

1- Arentina
2- Brazil
3- Colombia
4- Venezuela
5- Uruguay
6- Bolivia
7- Chile
8- Ecuador
9- Peru
10- Paraguay

I think Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru and Bolivia are a must by their sizes. If you put less then 6, take away Bolivia first, then Venezuela and then Colombia.

If you may put more, Chile deserves for importance. Soon after Uruguay. Ecuador and Paraguay come next in any order.

The rest didn't appear until after 1950, Guyana and Suriname. And French Guyana is still french today.

Oh, and BTW searching for info I found a detailed site about it: http://alabamamaps.ua.edu/historicalmaps/index.html

It's hard to view the maps, but at least is the most accurate I've seen up to now

With any luck i'll have all of those there. It rests on the AND Mega Civ pack though. If it doesn't have one or more of them i'll merge the missing countries into another. Also thanks for the site link. That'll help me a fair bit.

Ok so i'm starting to get the idea of which nations I will have and which I won't down. Now comes the next part. I have no clue how to edit the leaderhead names and i'm focusing the majority of my time right now into the designing of the scenario. If anyone would like to do that i'd be grateful otherwise we'll have leaders from the wrong era leading the nations.

I tried a quick search, and unluckily the files with Leader names are multiple and I didn't find all. But if I'm not mistaken you don't have to rely on a separate file to fill text fields in the XML, so actually all you have to do is take the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml and put the custom info there. But Mazka surely will be better at answering this

Actually, leaderhead names can be changed in the WorldBuilder save. If you open that file in a text editor you can edit leader and civ name along with the flag, art style, and maybe even leaderhead art.

Thanks. Guess that means i'll be using random leaderheads when I start making the scenario so I can then get the right look for the leaders as well. Also decided on what the first nation i'll be laying down cities and such will be. Ladies and Gentleman the first nation will be none other then Russia. Next step is figuring out exactly what techs they should and should't have plus which cities i'll need to make and which I won't. Also making sure they're placed in the right locations is crucial. Also I should soon be posting actually screenshots of me making it soon.

But if you tinker on the XML, you may portray the leaders more truthfully, I think I'm going to check those files to see what can be done to them.

So first is Russia, obviouslly. Well now it's research time for Russia. When I get the time I'll see if I can bring something

Also anyone want to lobby for any particular nation of the era to be included? I've got 50 slots and besides the obvious ones like the US, Russia, Japan, Ottoman's and so on i've have at least a few slots left over. Also should I have India be a British vassal? Now I believe it should be I want your guys opinion on it still.

Now that's a good question: How to change the civ limit? I would love how to do that, and if you could do it for this scenario it would be awesome.

Now that Trade Routes are going to become dust, I think AND could officially increase the total number of civs playable (game will get a better performance so more civs can be added). And maybe bigger maps? I would love that too.

Even though, how many nations will you put on SA (within the 50 limit)? And I think it's better if India is a vassal instead of full territory

Even though, how many nations will you put on SA (within the 50 limit)? And I think it's better if India is a vassal instead of full territory

I'm hoping to have anywhere from around 30 to the full 50 max. As for increasing the limit I have no clue how to edit any of the files required and won't have time to learn how to until i'm done making the scenario. Also what does SA mean?

South America

Well i'll have Brazil, Argentina, Columbia and Chile for sure. I might add Venezuela but i'm thinking of combining it along with the other countries north of Brazil and Peru into Columbia for balancing.(I'll have to add Peru into another Civ anyways since the AND Mega Civ pack doesn't contain it. Maybe i'll add it to Chile instead of Columbia.)

By doing a search on AND techtree I guess we are going to portray countries mostly around the four columns that start on the column with Biology and ends in the coumn with Public Schooling. What do you think Lord Bigfoot?

As Zeppelins were being initially used in 1900, I thought the column with it should be the most developed by the time. Airships were being developed in late XIXth century, but Zeppelins started in 1900.

Highways come some years later, the first being in 1911 (this for Mass Transit)

Dreadnought and Battlecruiser (the ships of Industrialism) come in 1906 and 1907, but the aluminum boom starts in 1890, so I guess US, England and France may already have Industrialism (and maybe some others, but besides switzerland no other nation is mentioned on wiki).

Fascism comes later for obvious reasons.

Relativity Theory appears between 1907 and 1915 so I guess it may wait.

And Public Schooling seems to me something already adopted by many countries (at least the developed ones). Wiki refers to the Prussian model of the XVIIIth century, and England as one of the last european nations to adopt Compulsory Education in the last decade of the XIXth century.

So what do you think to have at least the US, England and France with Public Schooling, Industrialism and Flight? If you want an edge for one/some between most developed civs, Mass Transit is a good option.

Or you may use the Inca as Peru. Are you sure Mega Civ pack doesn't include a modern leader for Inca? If so it's probably peruvian.

Peru is a nice one to add because it may encompass Ecuador and Bolivia better (all were part of the same nation once after the spanish colonial desintegration). Chile, although its importance in the XXth century, was small and didn't have much space to get. Making it part of Argentina doesn't feel wrong IMO.

Colombia may have Venezuela also. They too were part of Gran Colombia.

Alright just did a quick check and no modern leader for the Inca so no Peru unfortunately. As for Chile the reason I planned on adding it was the fact the civ pack does have them so I figured adding them as a counterbalance to Argentina would be a good idea. Also Germany should be the only civilization with the ability to have Zeppelin's since they were the only ones who really had any at the time.

Top Bottom