Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Hey, Tpang and co, would you be at all interested in a DRC civ as a collab with Our World? It's a country which I've recently researched a lot and have some ideas for, and also would be another modern African civ.

We can talk about it on Steam later, but I'm interested on how you think such a collab would work!

What is the next mod to be released?

If I replied, it would spoil all of the people who are talking about puppies' fun.

The Beothuk are a Newfoundland civ.

I think they meant non-native Newfoundland civ.

I think you're right. Historically, Newfoundland was not part of Canada until after World War II, so they'd be an interesting country for a pre-Canada civ.

I don't really like the idea of a Newfoundland civilisation, for the exact same reason I don't like Venice: it doesn't feel right splitting up Italy (Rome is okay, since it's Ancient Rome and not Modern). And it doesn't feel right in splitting up Canada into Newfoundland.

I don't really like the idea of a Newfoundland civilisation, for the exact same reason I don't like Venice: it doesn't feel right splitting up Italy (Rome is okay, since it's Ancient Rome and not Modern). And it doesn't feel right in splitting up Canada into Newfoundland.

Italy has actually been split up for pretty long time during its existence, before unification there were the Papal States, Sardinia Piedmont, Duchy of Milan, Lombardy, Florence, Genoa, Tuscany, Naples, Sicily and multiple other Italian City-States that have existed during Middle Ages to up until early risorgimento. Your gonna cut a very large piece of the region's history. Much like Newfoundland a somewhat big chunk of its history was spent being seperate as it's own dominion.

My two cents about it atleast.

Side note: you know you play too much Civ V when someone says "My two cents about it atleast" and you read "My two cents about atlatlist."

ROTFL! I cannot stop laughing now.

There's already a Newfoundland civ out there. We're not going to make one.

Could that be a walrus civ?
(Praise the fickle heart)

Top Bottom